I am doing the work I was born to do.
The Starman Tarot- 8 of Pentacles, represent the transformation of crystalline light, what we call the many faceted elements, that is achieved by the Spirit-Mind-Body connection that is uniquely human. Presented here, is a artist, part robot, part man, standing on a golden Universal cube, arranging, manipulating and refining the elements of some exquisite space-time skulpture. Since this represents an artist, a human being, one could assume that this person is in the "flow", completely focused, honing his skills, while creating a meticulously intricate piece of work which expresses something arcane and eccenstial about this one's existence.
The robotic parts remind us that we can create and artificial intelligence, or robotic forms, that do precisely, perfect, and untiring creations, but being conscious of the process of creation seems to be a uniquely human quality. After all the word human is made of 2 root words, Hu means "God" (Mandarin) and Man (Hindi word Manas for Mind). Hence, we can create as if a god were creating. The metaphysical name for the Divine Creative, is I AM. I Am is how we declare creation. Since Love is Goodness, it is Godhood. I Am love, is declaring your identity as love. Rather than hoping to love or be loved, we can choose to be love. Doing you then becomes doing what you love. I Am is existence, what I Am is choice. The power of the I Am is reflect upon a concept of Self, and Self is our purpose. How we craft that self, is our choice and not the decision of others. Hence, "freedom of choice". There is no greater joy than crafting yourself with excellent attention to detail. What I do, reflects on my craftsmanship. Do with all that is Heart/Soul, Mind and Body and you will know excellence and true happiness. Contrary to the indoctrinator, happiness is not found outside of yourself but rather is being yourself, excellently. I AM, is not a worded identity, it is acknowledgement of the action of existence. It is not re-action. Hence, be the Action you are, not the reaction you are trained to be. I Am Purpose, I didn't come to seek one. So I choose what I do purposely. My purpose can only be found in and as me not someone else outside of me.
The Thoth 8 of Disks-Prudence:
The 8 of Disks represents talent, skill, craft, learning, and practical ideas being turned into a profitable profession.
The card itself symbolizes the harvest tree where hard work and skill have become fruitful and now you only need await the ripening of the harvest. This can be called the Master-craftsman card, as mastery of a skill is depicted here; Skillful manipulation of physical material with talented fingers along with prudent thoughts and the wisdom to coordinate both.
At the top of this colorful card is the Sun sign and at the bottom of the harvest tree is the astrological sign of Virgo. Virgo reminds us that by attending to details and utilizing our organizational skills, we shall repeat the just harvest. Trust in your heartfelt skills is the foundation of this harvest rather than the need for control; only a deep abiding trust in your skills will reap the just reward as harvest follows the ordered skill of the prudent mind.
Prudence and wisdom are qualities of patient skill, not pushing to make things happen nor holding back or resisting. The coins have blossomed, the patient skill of wisdom and prudence has prevailed and the successful harvest is shown by the protective leaves that hold back chaos. There is no place for doubt in this card it is a manifested Trust of skill... a Trust in I AM.
Again, the Thoth - 8 of Disks is called PRUDENCE. Disks are Pentacles or Coins, in other decks. But Disks is an appropriate symbol, something on which Crowley and I both agree. Disks must be stabilized by a spinning motion, a diligent circular rotational force, in order to hit their mark. Even the atoms of rocks are spinning in a centrifugal manner, so when representing the earthly powers, the spinning of the Disk, with its internal spin best shows force and form as one presence in the crystalline light we call matter, again showing us that solids are just illusions of electric motion held within a magnetic vessel.
The 8 of Disks-Prudence, is Hod in Assiah, the material World. The Sun is in Virgo and the angels of this Decan are; Akaiah and Kehethel.
The Caveat here is that Virgo is noted to be a very practical sign which tends to cause over-concern with small details, such as the British quote of a "Penny wise and a pound foolish".
Because this is an 8, any gain that prudence gives is soon dispersed making Prudence no great virtue on its own but will, if diligent attention is applied, pass into a state of Gain (9 of Disks). The message in divination, is that of skill, prudence, diligent patience and besides making excellent craft. Too much attention to detail can boil into over-carefulness about small things, at the expense of the larger. But because Hod is represented by Mercury and Mercury is exalted in Virgo, there is also predilection for intelligent loving, involving material matters such as, agriculture, artistic craftsmanship, and engineering and knowing when it is time to let go. The Ruler ship of the Sun in Virgo suggests birth, as well, thus the disks are arranged in the Geomantic figure Populus. These disks are then shown as flowers of a Great Tree, rooted solidly in fertile lands produce by cooperation of Spirit, Mind, and Hands.
When the 8 of Disks is thrown during a reading, the querent is in:
· A moment of creative birth of 8 weeks or 8 months, requiring the practice of physical caution, carefulness, and prudence.
· A type of physical wisdom radiating from an inner place of balance and integration. Making sure that all the bases are covered; every "t" crossed and every "I" dotted.
· Making intelligent choices so that the material world more closely conforms to one's needs.
· The possibility of turning a talent or skill into a profession.
· Skill in work with energy and forms, such as fingers working on a manipulative substance.
· That in the next 8 weeks or 8 months you can experience the harvest of your skill, prudence and wisdom. All from you’re organizing or attending to details.
- Diligent attention to doing what you love, begins bringing prosperity.
· This card may also mean that all that you have learned or are learning will facilitate new growth in a skillful financial endeavor in the next 8 weeks or 8 months especially if you pay attention to details. This financial endeavor could involve Virgo people (August 21 to September 21) or harvesting a fertile relationship with important Virgo people in your life.
· This card represents a wise state of mind that operates from a foundation of prudence, centered integration, and Order rather than from chaos.
If ill defined-Thoth or reversed Starman:
- Focusing too tightly on the small details and not seeing the big picture!
- Fearing you cannot thrive on doing what you love.
- Focusing on rewards and finding no pleasure in how they are created.
- Lacking discipline, due to boredom, and constant distraction from important tasks.
Thank You for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.