The Starman Tarot-9 of Pentacles
I am in charge of my destiny.
The Starman Tarot-9 of Pentacles, depicts a beautiful woman standing in a magical chamber made out of a kind of fossilized fruit. With hand held out, she is receiving a pentacle from a bat. Before, the bat became a demonized creature, it was seen as a magical creature. For instance, in China has for thousands of years, has represented the bat as the masculine principle that feasts on the feminine fruit. Many of their legends associate bats with good fortune. Even the Chinese word for the bat, sounds like their word for good fortune. Let's say that you have the good fortune to see 5 bats. According to the Chinese, that would represent the 5 causes for happiness;
- Long life.
- Natural death.
Europe also has its bat mythology. In certain folklores, washing one's face in bat blood will enable one to have great sight clarity. Also, male virility can be enhanced by the use of bat blood and just by placing it under her pillow, a woman's fiery passion can also be enhanced by bat blood . Then before the rabbit foot, just by placing a bat bone in one's pocket can ensure good fortune. Therefore, the bat illustrates the good fortune that is coming to this magical woman.
Symbolizing vision, freedom, and generosity, the falcon sits upon her arm. A bunch of grapes, represent fertility and the hare, is an ancient symbol for the Goddess, Hera, the Great Birther of the World Egg. The ancient Egyptians, believed the falcon to represent an intermediary between the heavens and the earth. In a very real sense we all have the power to see into other realms through the process of dreaming, or even meditations or the powerful use of our "god-mind"- the imagination. For everything is born out of the Abyssal Womb of the unmanifest, The Empress, to arrive in your imagination, to be received by it, and then through the use of your "inner Emperor" (Ratioation/rational thought), coagulated, measured, and adjusted into your self-thoughts. It is very important to note that you use thoughts, but are not used by them. For you are the Spirit, the Unmanifest, who uses the self-reflection of thought to project not only images of self-reflection, but also the destinies of such manifestations. Destiny than is entirely flexible, and depends on the Self-Reflection of the individual. Therefore, as David De Angelis so earnestly states, ..." through your inspired belief, continued focus, and ernest continued effort to nurture and with patience, grow your fullest potential, you are now ripe."
You are designed by the I AM, as its self-image of "Me", to naturally flourish, be fruitful, and to prosper. Through the continual development of Self-Identity, the Great I AM, has finally reached the intimacy it so wishes with its creations, through the establishment of the Hu-Man in the Homo Sapiens Sapiens,i.e., the "god mind" in a physical, creative, fruitful, sensual presence of I AM- The Will to Be, becoming the Being so Willed. The Divine Creative Parent identifies its destiny through the "I's" of its children, just as successful parents of our multiple cultures do. Therefore, you haven't really understood your value to the Great I AM, until now. It doesn't matter how you are valued by mankind, for they did not create you as a "self-reflection", the Divine Creative has, and all that it is yours to inherit. However, inheritances have to be claimed, not earned but claimed by declaration, by the use of your inherited identity which is "I AM". Therefore, "I Am the Will, I Am the Way, I Am the Wealth and I Own the Day", is a declaration of acceptance where the Child accepts the Parents Wealth. The Child will ripen into an Adult fruitfulness of the Divine when the child fully realizes itself. Hence, the Adam Khadmon of the Western Qabalah, the Ripened Man, the Macrocosmic Man. It will do you no good to have others "realize you". That has been done all your life, and it produces only their destiny, not yours. "Above all things, Know thyself", is an inherited knowledge that begins with I AM... Know how to use the power of declaration, and you will know the magic of Self. Declare yourself tragic, and be such. Declare yourself magic, and be such. Less tragic and more magic, is all in the art of destiny design and it always begins with I AM, that fertilizes the Abyssal Womb of the unmanifested potential... and manifests potentially as "Me". Therefore, when the Psyche/Soul runs the brain, I always gain. For I Am a ternary power, of Spirit, Mind and Body. From the One Energy, the One Mind and the Manifested child of both.
This card represents gain on all levels that are physical and that influence the physical; emotional gain, spiritual gain, mental gain and physical gain. Just as does the Thoth Tarot- 9 of Disks-Gain.
Thoth- 9 of Disks-Gain
The Thoth- 9 of Disks-Gain, suggests hitting the mark. A bull’s eye card, that shows you are financially right on the mark because your Heart/Soul, Mind/Imagination and Body are in union. In other words, you are passionately focused and have enabled gain on all levels of performance. Astrologically, this is Venus in Virgo. Venus is beauty, love, and creative power while Virgo represents balance, order and organization. Together, the meaning is your heart and mind are in this passionate embrace and beautiful (beauty is balanced symmetry) children are born. The results are gain on all levels. On this card the blue circle symbolizes wisdom linked with our loving nature, (the pink circle), in a creative way (which is the green circle). This card also shows us that by utilizing our dynamic creative male energy/action (shown as the top coins with the planetary signs of Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter) we shall experience such gain.
- Saturn is the sign of the helmeted warrior who knows what his limits and boundaries are and pays attention to detail;
- The feathered cap symbol of Mars indicates that energy, vitality and assertion are a vital part of gain.
- Jupiter, the King, reminds us that flexibility, being open to opportunity that expands our leadership skills that are also needed to experience gain. But this is only half of gain, to be complete we need the feminine power of Maid, Mother and Crone, which are represented by the lower three coins.
- The Maid is the youthful bare headed feminine figure that is the power of Venus and reminds us that to follow our heart.
- The coin with the Feminine figure that has a Queen's hat (Mother) is Mercury, and reminds us that communication skills and nurturing leadership skills are needed to experience gain.
- The feminine figure with the Crescent Moon headdress is the Wise Woman -Crone- who reminds us that we must be true to ourselves and to be authentic in our actions.
- The Moon also symbolizes both the outer world and the inner world showing a balance of inner (heart) and physical action that will help us experience gain. Therefore, Thoth-9 of Disks (Pentacles in Golden Dawn and Rider-Waite decks) is called, Lord of Material Gain, or Gain for short.
The Planet is Venus and Virgo is the sign. Angels of the Decan are: Hazayel and Aldiah. This card is Yesod in Assiah and/or the influence of Yesod in the Material World. Yesod, meaning foundation, in the material world this influence is very favorable for amassing things, but with Venus in Virgo, there is a lack of overt feelings accompanying this great efficiency.
This efficient amassing of material things, is shown by the design complexity of Crowley's interpretation and Lady Frieda Harris's art in the Thoth 9 of Disks. As he states in his book of Thoth, “The Disks are arranged as an equilateral triangle of three, apex upwards, close together; and surrounded at some distance by a ring, six larger disks in the form of a hexagram. This signifies the multiplication of the original established Word by the mingling of 'good luck and management'." Which says it all for this card, as the original word has been described as Eheieh, which is Hebrew for "I Will Be" which has been established as the "I AM Being" of the HuMan and Homo Sapiens Sapiens marriage. That has produced the fecund and fruitful, I AM Me.
When the 9 of Disks/Pentacles-Gain, is thrown during a reading it implies:
- Inheritance and/or material gain, sometimes within 9 weeks or 9 months or the querent is experiencing it now for those time periods.
- A certain amount of Integrity, skill and talent has produced material gain and a sense of accomplishment.
- This is a purely material gain card, where talent and skill has come together in either a beginning stage of material gain or a good flowing gain on into wealth.
- That within the next 9 weeks or 9 months there is physical gain shown by organizing things and following your heart.
- You are to be dynamically assertive (electric male force) and magnetically receptive (female force) which is following your heart and what has deep meaning to you.
- Gain and financial "luck".
- Accepting one's Divine Inheritance.
If ill defined by accompanying cards:
- It could mean a lack of discipline in material matters and the failure that comes with it.
- Empty plans.
- Accepting only man-made words as your identity.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010