The Dreams of Gaia-9 of Earth, is also about gain, generosity, charity and altruism. Now is a creative happy time, where you suddenly find that your life is harmony. Abundance and wealth surround you, and you give of your wealth to prosper others. To include Spirit-Mind-Body, give and take must reach a state of harmony for inner and outer happiness to bloom. However, be sure to ask yourself who is worthy of your generosity? Do you give with bias or expectation? Is your generosity conditional? What do you seek to gain by giving? Above all things, know thyself!
If the act of charity is born from compassion, it can be transforming. Giving is a healing act, not only for those receiving but also for the generous heart. Now we know that to some giving is form of buying a sense of entitlement, and self-importance, where one requires acknowledgement and praise for the act. Yet, whose gift is more valuable, a person who has 2 dollars and gives one, or a millionaire giving a thousand dollars? If you answered, " The one with 2 dollars who gave away one", then you are a free giver and expect no praise. Therefore, the 9 of Earth implies that you go through your cupboards, closets, and bedrooms, and gather up what you no longer need and do not use. Then give it to your local charitable organizations. Don't worry, when we give away what we don't need, we always get new stuff that we do need. You can't receive more clothes in a full closet, yet when there are openings, it fills right up again! Also when giving, is it better to give a man a fish, or teach him how? Often, the gift of knowledge lasts much longer than a mere act. Sometimes, handing him a fish sandwich while you are showing him the "ropes", is the best way to give.
The Dreams of Gaia, grove goddess figure, is crowned in the fertility of Earth. And with third eye open (enlightenment) she offers a full cup of "life-force" to serpent and butterfly. Serpents have represented the spiral-sexual forces of the Universe, since ancient times and the butterfly is a symbol of rebirth and of the soul. Notice, the generosity of Earth, for all prosperity is open for any to gather, without prejudice, only the greed of fear blackened hearts keep more than they need.
When the Dreams of Gaia-9 of Earth is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- How important are your material possessions.
- Support a worthy cause.
- It's okay to have, but does the having make you self-important?
- Give away what you no longer need, pass on the prosperity.
- Wealth is only prosperity when it is shared with others.
- Heal self by helping others.
- Charity begins with you.
- Give without bias or expectations.
- Address any health concerns.
The Thoth 9 of Disks-Gain card represents gain on all levels that are physical and that influence the physical; emotional gain, spiritual gain, mental gain and physical gain.
The 9 of Disks suggests hitting the mark. A bull’s eye card, that shows you are financially right on the mark because your Spirit-(energy-Will), Mind (psyche-soul), Body (Personality) are in union. In other words, you are passionately focused and have enabled gain on all levels of performance. Astrologically, this is Venus in Virgo. Venus is beauty, love, and creative power while Virgo represents balance, order and organization. Together, the meaning is your heart and mind are in this passionately and beautifully (beauty is balanced symmetry and/or harmony). The results are gain on all levels. On this card the blue circle symbolizes wisdom linked with our loving nature, (the pink circle), in a creative way (which is the green circle). This card also shows us that by utilizing our dynamic creative male energy (shown as the top coins with the planetary signs of Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter) we shall experience such gain.
Saturn is the sign of the helmeted warrior who knows what his limits and boundaries are and paying attention to detail.
- The feathered cap symbol of Mars indicates that energy, vitality and assertion are a vital part of gain.
- Jupiter, the King, reminds us that flexibility, being open to opportunity that expands our leadership skills that are also needed to experience gain.
- But this is only half of gain, to be complete we need the feminine power of Maid, Mother and Crone, the Trinity Creatrix who is represented by the lower 3 coins.
- The Maid is the youthful bare headed feminine figure that is the power of Venus and reminds us that to follow our heart.
- The coin with the Feminine figure that has a Queen's hat (Mother) is Mercury, and reminds us that communication skills and nurturing leadership skills are needed to experience gain.
- The feminine figure with the Crescent Moon headdress is the Wise Woman (Crone) who reminds us that we must be true to ourselves and to be authentic in our actions.
The Moon also symbolizes both the outer world and the inner world, cycling between both, showing a balance of inner (heart-soul) and physical action that will help us experience gain. The Thoth 9 of Disks (Pentacles in Golden Dawn and Rider-Waite-Smith decks) is called, Lord of Material Gain, or Gain for short.
Angels of the Decan are: Hazayel and Aldiah. This card is Yesod in Assiah and/or the influence of Yesod-Foundation, in the Material World. Yesod, meaning foundation, in the material world this influence is very favorable for amassing things, but with Venus in Virgo, there is a lack of overt feelings accompanying this great efficiency. This efficient amassing of material things, is shown by the design complexity of Crowley's Nine of Disks. As he states in his book of Thoth, “The Disks are arranged as an equilateral triangle of three, apex upwards, close together; and surrounded at some distance by a ring, six larger disks in the form of a hexagram. This signifies the multiplication of the original established Word by the mingling of 'good luck and management'." Which says it all for this card.
When the 9 of Disks-Gain, is thrown during a reading it implies:
- Inheritance and/or material gain, sometimes within 9 weeks or 9 months or the querent is experiencing it now for those time periods.
- A certain amount of Integrity, skill and talent has produced material gain and a sense of accomplishment.
- This is a purely material gain card, where talent and skill has come together in either a beginning stage of material gain or a good flowing gain on into wealth.
- That within the next 9 weeks or 9 months there is physical gain shown by organizing things and following your heart.
- You are to be dynamically assertive (electric male force) and magnetically receptive (female force) which is following your heart and what has deep meaning to you.
If ill defined by accompanying cards, it could mean:
- A lack of discipline in material matters.
- Corrupted money.
- Giving to reap praise. (Giving the least, and expecting the most recognition).
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.