The Witches Tarot- Page of Pentacles, goes along with the Traditional Tarot use of a page, but then also goes along with the Thoth Tarot-Princess of Disks, as the person presented on this card, is definitely female. Depicted here, is a earthly garden scene, complete with young woman dressed in the greens of earth and a white hind. The young dark haired lady, seems to be examining a golden pentacle that she has removed from its perch in a magnolia tree. Magnolia trees traditionally represent sweetness, beauty, perseverance, and love of nature. The whole scene, of blue sky, green grass, flowering tree, pentacle and the young ladies green and flora trimmed gown all imply the element of earth.
The White Hind, is a white doe of the faerie and symbolizes magic, and other-worldly miracles.
The Page of Pentacles represents a person who is:
- Generous, kind and a "fixer".
- A faithful friend who works hard to achieve their goals.
- One who believes that with focus and hard work all goals can be achieved.
- A student of the magical arts who is enthusiastic, fascinated, and completely absorbed with their studies.
- A student of faery magic.
The Thoth Princess of Disks, is about Mastery of Creativity and Birth of New Forms. She is the pregnant one. As you may have gleamed by now, all these cards represent states of conscious energy that weave a pattern of energy conscious in the material world---as you!
The Greeks called this state of consciousness Persephone, who enters Hades, every winter and escapes Hades and manifests on Earth every spring. She is the pioneering nature of fertility (represented by the Aries horns on her head) and the serpent transforming into an ermine cape, represents her ancient earthly passion to create.
- Her lighted crystal staff, shows her desire to give birth to new forms that are in alignment with who she is.
- Her determination to manifest the organic balanced harvest is shown by the pedestal of grains that she is standing on.
- The balanced union of female magnetic and male electric forces are represented in the yin/yang center of the lotus blossom which show the creative approaches to Motherhood issues or issues surrounding her own mother.
- Winter is shown on the Thoth Deck Princess of Disks as the ermine cape becomes an implication of snow on the ground, amid winter trees bereft of leaves.
On the brink of transformation, the Princess of Disks is the earthly part of Earth. Brooding in wonder, she is strong and beautiful while pregnant with the secret wonder of the future.
This lovely Priestess of Demeter, wears the crest of the Ram and in her right hand, a scepter descending into the Earth, where its head becomes a diamond. To Qabalists, the Diamond is the Precious Stone of Kether (The Highest and purest Light) and symbolizes the Purest Light formed in Matter in the “diamond form of as above-so below".
As would Freya, (Norse Grove Goddess) she stands in a grove of sacred trees, before an altar suggesting a wheat sheaf which is a symbol for Demeter. But she is not alone. Contrary to the sexism of divisionism thought, she is never without He and He is never without She, so she holds in her left hand a disk which bears the Chinese ideogram denoting the twin spiral force of Goddess/God (Creation), in equilibrium; from this is born the Rose of Isis (Rose-Mari), the Great Fertile Mother of the Nile delta.
The characteristics of the Princess of Disks personality are more numerous than a one hopes to enumerate for she is the Ultimate in Womanhood and has all the characteristics of the "Womb with a View" to the Mother of all Forms. She contains all the characteristics of woman and it depends on the influences whether she is subject to “one or the other" of these traits that manifest as action. However, this is not a scattering of energy, rather whatever trait she acts on, it is pure and focused, and life changing. To the shallow (those afraid of their emotional depth), she is bewildering inconsistency; to the centered, she is a "Powerful Moment" of Beauty. She is both nourishing and vitalizing.
Some may see her as Persephone arising from the nether world of winter into the bright light of spring, symbolizing that from the deepest, darkest depths arises the Wisdom of "Womb-Rite"; the resurrection and regeneration of the Living. There really isn't any negative here, unless one finds her ability to "be purely in the moment" to rapid and unsettling for their need for linear- stability. Such a shallow one would be unable to see that stability is based purely on "the movement of Moment" and not a linear line of addition. Thus is she serpentine in her motion. The universe is Spirals upon Spirals, dimensions upon dimensions, union upon union and suffers no division. To enjoy her, you must dance with her in her sacred grove of Life
When this card is thrown, for male or female, this card represents the: Creative part of the Earth anima within the organic form.
- Since we are all inwardly Androgyny, (female side of brain and male side of the brain) both rational and imagination can become pregnant with desire and creative ideas. This creative idea and the desire to manifest it, has been gestating with in your nature for some time.
- For a woman, this card can represent the need to resolve motherhood issues.
- For male and female, this card can represent the need to resolve or restructure relationship issues with Aries or Scorpio people in your life. (Aries-March 21 -April 21) (Scorpio: October 21-November 21).
- Due to the very nature of the Princess of Disks "tunnel focus" on creation, this card can warn us of the dangers of becoming so focused on one thing, that we cannot enjoy the life all around us.
If the Princess of Disks card shows up in a reading, it is best said:
- That rebirth is apparent from past defeat.
- Or that a new love is blooming in your life.
- It represents a young woman with rich brown or red- brown hair and dark eyes, she is generous, kind, diligent, benevolent, careful and endowed with persevering courage.
- She may also be pregnant with child or birthing ideas, projects, identity and self-aspects.
- She or he is on the Brink of Transformation and Revelation.
- She or he may also have a concentrated desire to learn, and is applying her/his fertile mind to scholarly pursuits.
If ill-defined she or he becomes wasteful and prodigal.
This is the Lady of Rebirth and Renewal and to understand the Depth of the Ultimate Womb---is to meditate long and hard on this card, and to read the Goddess Myths with the eye (I) of the soul. In this world, where love is a profit sharing endeavor, it is hard for most of us to believe that "Love built Me to be Itself"----Love is Now and fears no future. But the truth is, "God (Creation) is Love made manifest" and we are the image of Love made manifest by the Womb of the Goddess!
-The Princesses and the Aces.
The Princesses of any suit are the “womb intelligence” that carries the seed of the element they represent thus, the Princesses are the pro-generators of the Aces.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.