The traditional tarot suit of Pentacles is Disks in the Thoth Tarot.
Here, the Tarot of the Old Path has presented the Two of Pentacles in the predominant color of green, and yellow and blue, which represents the Earth element.
Illustrated on this card is a jester twirling and balancing a pentacle-disc on his fingers, while balancing on a tight rope and balancing another disc by his foot. This seems quit a difficult accomplishment, though he makes it look easy.
The Primary meaning of this card seems to be that a greater effort to keep balance in career and current affairs is required during uncertain times; Uncertain time, is implied by the tight rope.
Thoth Tarot-2 of Disks & Chokmah the Second Sephiroth.
Chokmah is Wisdom and is the governing factor of the four Twos and the Four Kings.
- The Active Supernal Father, as Kether is the God the Observer who is inactive .
- The Will to Force , combined with Binah the Will to Form, making the Divine Marriage of Will to Be..
- Dynamic outpouring Energy. (Vital Force)
- Unorganized and Uncompensated. Organization happens in Chesed
- The Great Stimulator
- The First Positive.
Chokmah's symbols are:
The Line, the Yod, and the Phallus. Chokmah is also called the Sphere of the Zodiac and the color is a grey made of a swirling of all colors that have not yet been organized. Here the Mystery of Sex, is apply termed and begun. The Mystery of Positive and Negative polarities, of Electric and Magnetic Force. The Universal union of opposites that makes motion possible, that is why Chokmah is the Great Stimulator .
THE THOTH- 2 OF DISKS-CHANGE:
Known also as the traditional Two of Pentacles, this card is the Lord of Harmonious Change.. Astrologically, The 2 of Disks is Jupiter in Capricorn The Angels of the Decan are Lekabel and Yeshiriah.
Here, Chokmah is influencing the Material World known as Assiah to Qabalists.
Traditionally, Jupiter is known as a benevolent planet but is not well placed in Capricorn where it's only positive influence can be exercised in organization. Hence, the harmonies of dual interactions which are inherent in Chokmah are assured in earthly application.
As One Energy in Atziluth (Supernal Triangle of the Upper 3) , the Duality of Energy (He-She) is now completely expressed in duality and/or polarity, positive-negative, making a circle into a Figure Eight; a symbol that also represents infinity. This figure eight is shown as A Large Serpent, wearing the Crown of Kether, on the card, the Uroboros. As you may know, Serpentine Force, is waves of frequencies of the One Energy: Sex energy and/or creative energy. Uroboros is also a very ancient symbol for Wisdom, the English name of Chokmah. Thus the Two of Disks also suggests the underlying patterns of alternation in all matter and the profoundly powerful relationship between opposites as shown in the use of the yin yang symbol on this card.. However, in divination this card represents the harmony of change.
WHEN THE 2 OF DISKS or TWO OF PENTACLES, IS THROWN DURING A READING:
- A transition or transformation in the physical.
- A juggling of affairs in order to balance material life.
- cause and effect. Recognizing the infinite process of yin yang.
- Handling inner growth and outer achievement at the same time.
- Keeping several propositions going at once. The flow of movement made by skillful manipulation, achieves success.
- Time to reflect on the situation and balance both sides most often with unconsidered action.
- This is a card of Change, the most important corrective in the Universe, as it keeps transformation going. Plus the combining of opposites makes diversity possible. For example if you combine blue with blue, you only get blue, but Blue with Red makes Purple, and color is now diversified. Energy alone, is just everywhere and no-where at the same moment, without measurement, but energy combined with Magnetism is Form and thus a measurement of time space. Self can now be "seen".
Thank you for your interest and comments. May you live long and prosper!