Running press tarot- 4 of swords
The Running Press Tarot- 4 of Swords, depicts a person curled up in a box made of 4 spade pommeled swords. This image implies a person taking a "middle of the road" position in order to soothe disagreements... swords are disagreeable. Here equal tension of the swords, makes a stability of mental powers. This gives a person a certain amount of power, implying they are not as powerless as they feel.
Thoth-4 of swords-truce
Chesed, the 4th Sephiroth is the Universal Architect under the influence of Jupiter. Thus the 4's suggest perfection, realization, completion and fixing a matter to a rock solid stability.
In the Thoth 4 of Swords, this stability is a form of Truce, where equal tension, makes a stability of mental powers.
The 4 of Swords represents Chesed in Yetzirah, influencing the astral world.
As you may know, mental creation happens in the fluid light of the Astral World before the manifestation is solidified in the Material World. Now you may not be able to clearly see that you are not a body....You really are a Yod (hand of God) in the Universal Collective Unconscious, so your Real body, is the Tree of Life....the Homo Sapiens body is the incarnation of crystallized Self-Awareness, for sensual purposes, of your "dreams" of I Am and resides with in the solar corona of the Invisible you and/or Soul. That Invisible you is as Jupiter, and in this card, Jupiter is in Libra. Thus the normal destructive Swords, are temporarily put to rest in the munificent, benevolent and loving nature of Jupiter.
The Rose of Sophia, wisdom, is restored and Consciousness is settled, and a rest from strife is implied by the 4 of Swords. Jupiter in Libra radiates compassion and sensitivity showing the Mercy that is Chesed.
Here Jupiter claims authority in the intellectual world. Arguing for convention, Jupiter restores mental balance after the chaos of arbitrary thought.
In the 4 of Swords card, the hilts of the Swords, are formed into the corners of the St, Andrew's Cross, suggesting the rigidity and fixation implied in the 4. The Rose of 49 petals, in which the Swords are sheathed, suggesting social harmony.
Thus there is a suggestion of compromise. As does Crowley, I find this compromise to be a less than positive factor. For it is an act of an indolent mind, that would rather be pusillanimous and compromise for social peace rather than work out the issue through the promised struggle. However, it may be to keep the peace; but peace at any cost, is not always preferable. Especial, since in a truce, neither side has won anything but rest, and the conflict will soon begin again.
When the four of Swords -Truce, is thrown during a reading:
- There is mental understanding of a matter, or a relationship coming to full resolution on four levels of mental awareness: The Rational, The Emotional of the Unconscious, The Spiritual, and the Subconscious of the Physical.
- Implications of problems that should not be ignored; listen to the inner self and answers will be restored.
- A holding pattern after mastering a difficult mental situation.
- Retreat or withdrawal necessary to heal or hide, by creating a protected mental space. Here insight can be generated by seclusion.
- A moment of logic and discriminating intelligence of integrity and planning.
The negatives of this card are often;
- A bout of illness in order to recuperate.
- The intellect is relinquishing control back to the body so that a time out of from problems and solutions are achieved as the body has only one focus of getting better.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.