The 3 of Disks-Works represents endurance, strong physical determination, and tenacity. This is the ability to give the "works" to what you want. Hence, this is the card of nobility; that of trade, skilled labor, renown and glory.
The pyramid symbolizes focused power as commitment and priority. The blue light surrounding the pyramid states the capacity of clarity; clarity about what you will or will not give your energy, mind and body to. In other words, “the Works". The gray waves in the back ground represent confusion; However, this confusion has been broken through by the lighted pyramid of clear intention, clarity of priorities and commitments. The 3 red wheels represent the alignment of mind, heart and action.
The astrological sign of Mars in Capricorn adorns this card, as Mars is the planet of activity, energy, vitality and assertion. Capricorn represents, the assertion of Spirit, Mind and Body/ Action with focused intention moving in the same direction of tangible and secure manifestation. To the Universal Collective Self, "The Works" is Life Itself so when we align our trinity of self, Spirit-Soul/Psyche and Body action towards priorities, commitments and/or what we wish to give "the works" to----we align with Universal Priorities which can enhance all that we are determined to do. All we have to do is focus, begin with what we have, and the Universal Priority of I AM ME will accelerate us towards our goal.
This card represents the influence of Binah (Mother-Spirit) in the physical world. The 3 of Disks also represents, trade, skilled labor, physical persistence, tenacity, endurance and strong determination to get the job done. For the Alchemist, Works represents the combinations of Mercury, sulfur, and salt or the Qabalist's material letters Aleph (air), Mem (water) and Shin (fire). Illustrated on this Thoth card is the pyramid of crystallized forces rises out of the Great Sea of Binah.
Since this card represents the Divine Creative Ability to create material manifestation, it reminds us that we must keep heart and psyche involved in our creativity in order to manifest our ideals. To see our dreams as children to be born, and go about paying attention to detail and dedicate our heart and soul towards this maturing this goal. This is love of being, in order to nurture our dream into fruition. To those who love creating---expressing their soul into their body's ability to do work, diligence is the only time limit because they love the act of creating more than the goal attained. Such people are in -tune with the Great Work which is to be the Horus psyche and Human being connected as One Being. It is not what you become that is important, it is being the Real you that is important in order to keep transforming energetic presence. Living the Now, is better than hoping to be living a future---which is liquid and only swirls to the currents of your present motion! We all are Above and Below. However, by the Military Industrial Empire/Patriarchy, use of "divide and conquer" indoctrination techniques, we have become believers of separation between Spirit and Body. Yet, the Spirit (From the Greek word Spiro- to breathe) is the Breath of the body, so that is an obvious lie! The Macrocosm of Spirit, created a Microcosm of Spirit (the body) as an exact copy, yet far more condensed, so that Spirit can become intimate with "All Things". You are Spiritual Intimacy, and nowhere are you separate from "the Light", for you are the evolution of Light on its journey of Self-Awareness and/or I AM!
The Four 3's are associated with Binah who is the Great Mother Spirit and is called UNDERSTANDING. In Understanding, the idea becomes fertilized and a child can be born and/or information becomes in-form-action. The formulation of the Supernal Triangle, (Kether-Crown, and Chokma-Wisdom & Binah-Understanding) is a stability that cannot be made unstable. We know the Triangle that begins all birth as many combinations of 3. Maid-Mother-and Crone, each a special perspective on Womb-rite. Father-Son- and "Holy Ghost", each an active part of the stable foundation of "the Spirit Fire" or rite of Phallus. Ocean- Sun-Rain-and River, each a process of Life. While the mind is made up of Unconscious, (The Spirit Mind of Universal Collective Unconscious) subconscious and conscious, we can go on and on but in all cases a fertilization is achieved by united Will and a child can be born. For instance:
- The 3 of Wands is called Virtue, and/or The Lord of Virtue (Husbandry), for in this state of conscious energy, the idea of will and dominion has become interpreted in Character.
- The 3 of Cups is called Abundance and/or the Lord of Abundance where the idea of Love has come to fruition. The 3's are far enough down the Tree of Life to begin seeing definite differentiation between the suits, giving birth to the idea of division----so that "many can be made from the One who is Three".
- The idea of division, of mutability, which is the "airy" quality of things, is made manifest in the 3 of Swords. The 3 of Swords is named SORROW; Not the vulgar sorrow of individual discontent or disappointment but the Sorrow of the Dark Binah, and of the Dark Isis. In German this great sorrow is called Weltschmerz- the universal sorrow. It is the quality of Melancholy that accompanies all creation. I find it easier to understand the 3 of Swords by understanding the Great Mother's sorrow over her seeing the Bright Shimmering Beauty of Her Children and because of "freedom of choice", unable to intervene when watching her children become ugly in their own minds as they identify themselves as man-made monsters. All of which happens when fear is the foundation that divides our ideas/identity rather than the unity of Love.
- The 3 of Disks (Pentacles) exhibits the crystallization of forces, which is the idea of Earth. There is an obvious manifestation of Work having been done. This is also often called the Great Work and/or Life/I AM creating the "Me". This may make more sense to you if you remember that the “other-side of the Mirror", is the Dark Place where Life is the Supernal Triangle of the Tree of Life, and the Alive are the Understood Child made manifest from this Union of Conscious Energy (Forces), that combine concentration to make the Crystallization of Light the Reflective side of the Mirror! This conceptualization of a two-sided mirror goes far in explaining why "Mirror Magic' is so often used to insure manifestation of idea into a "living expression". Or you can say "from the warm, wet Darkness of the nurturing womb, Light is born."
A lot has been said/published, but not many understand that the body is merely a Reflection, of your Soul ; the invisible you who is the majority of you. (You are physically 99.6% invisible), It is in the Dark, warmth, of your "infinite light" (Spirit) that all Life comes from...the body is Alive, but in itself is not Life for it is the Energy within----the bio photons that speed through the brain and nervous system that is the "Real You"! As stated, the body is a Reflection of Life-Hence, you are the Life and The Alive united as One I AM ME. Therefore, think well from your deep dark places, to be Alive and Well! It pays to remember this axiom, “Do unto another as you would have done to you."...for that is in itself a Triangle of 3---Idea, Cause and effect. It is unbreakable in its stability. So it pays to know what your ideas create. If you identify "others" instead of "Another’s" (everyone I see is another way to be Me.) you will keep lessening yourself until your life force can no longer sustain the body health and balance. To think less of others, is to lessen yourself. Your thoughts, ideas, and opinions only effect the Cause of Yourself. Your Reflection, enacts your Deep thoughts, into "aliveness". Your body is the only one who feels your thoughts and then must enact them. We are not responsible for how "others" react to us. We are, however, the response of reaction to our own thought! Others are just another way to be Divine Children; maybe ignorant Children who have the Goddess given Freedom of Choice; However, ignorance is not evil, nor bad, it is how gifted Divine Children, learn Power (Power is the ability to do work) and who have a right to their identities, be they ill or well thought out.
Love, is intelligence as it is both wise and understanding---not the act of a simpleton but of a Powerful Spirit Being. To Love Being----is to be love.
The Magus knows, that to be able to "think" means you are not the effect called thought, but the Cause of it. So my thoughts aren't "my precious", they are the cause that effects the Alive and hopefully ordered enough to work effectively. I then have the Knowledge to make, and remake thought to improve the function of my body, rather than think that I am the thought I think, and must defend those thoughts to the death, which then elevates ignorance above knowledge. Self-Reflection, requires bodies! To make Thought Sensual/intimate, is necessary to create a screening process; a "Wisdom" learned by in-form-action! We are a creative Spirit who can devote our though controlled “time/space" to "expanding and liberating" and/or transforming the I AM (identity) and the organic being from the survival thinking of the animal domain. This in turn expands and liberates self-awareness! By the feelings of Love or Fear generated by the Communion of idea within a sensual- living laboratory, ideas become experimental processes that either free the body from the past or bind it to the past. Idea alone is not enough to properly operate the Alive! Life depends on the Threesome of the Divine Wedding, which is the triangle made of Idea, the Union of Wisdom and Understanding, to create the Beautiful Bright Child called Knowledge!
When you understand the 3's, you begin to understand your Godhood.
To reiterate; the Thoth 3 of Disks-Work, represents the Great Work, the establishment of the material Universe and the determination of its basic form. The 3's are the number of the Great Mother Binah. Therefore, the 3 of Disks is the Influence of the Great Mother, The Form Maker, in the Sphere of Earth. Here, Binah is illustrated as background on the Thoth card, as the Great Sea of Binah in the Night. The fact that Unlimited Light is dark (limits are necessary to "see"), is shown by the mottled gray, indigo and green pattern of the active sea whose waves are consciousness.
Also, Mars in Capricorn is the celestial ruler of this card. Placing Mars in his most exalted state. Here, when linked to Capricorn, the Martian energy is constructive and he is an exceptional builder and engineer.
The view of this card is that of a pyramid as seen from above its apex. The three wheeled base, represents the three Mother Letters of the Hebrew alphabet, Aleph (Air), Shin (Fire), and Mem (Water) or the alchemical system of Mercury, Sulfur, and Salt. If you are of the Hindu persuasion, the three wheels represent the 3 Rajas, and Tamas (3 gunas).*
Qualities of the three gunas
|Activity||Truth / Goodness||Inertia & inactivity|
|Passion, desire & attachment||Light, harmony & balance||Darkness, delusion & ignorance|
|Energy||Spiritual Essence||Mass / matter / heaviness|
|Expansion||Upward flow||Downward flow|
Apr 1 2020The 3 Gunas of Nature (Sattva, Rajas and Tamas) • Yoga Basics
for more information, click on link below:
Part of the Great Work is to establish a "Knowing Evolutionary" state of “expanding and liberating", the animal brain from, survival thinking limits that keep it from Wisdom. To a Qabalist, Wisdom is the ability to "create-see error-and correct it", for we know that Wisdom is 50% error, and 50% correction; to the indoctrinated animal brain to make error is feared as a survival blunder thus keeping it from progressing. The wise know that we must make mistakes when creating in a "cause and effect" universe, as entropy is part of all material creation. Entropy, is always seeking to "proceed from order to disorder (2nd law of Thermodynamics), and the Universal solution to that chaos, is to keep up motion by constant change and/or transformation. In other words, "to expand and liberate" creation from previous boundaries. If you know yourself at all, you will know that the Human Being is the Solution to conscious limitations. We have the "Mind of Goddess/God", often called Imagination; Imagination is what I call "the Womb with a view”. Thus we can see beyond our senses, we can plot and give birth to futures. We are visionary in our sight and see beyond the entropy of the moment. To know thyself, is to know that the moment doesn't contain you and that it is just a moment, whereas you, are a Master of Time /Space and have the power to change moments, just by perspective/observation alone, thus changing the future.
The Tarot of Druids-3 of Anguinum (Pentacles) depicts a Celt gleefully discovering a Anguinum (Sacred Serpent Egg), and retrieving it despite the obstacles of a hunt, a tree and a serpent. This is about the Great Work, of overcoming obstacles, making a good reputation of one who has the ability to make oneself appreciated by their excellent work. Their for this card is equal in description to the 3 of Disks.
When the 3 of Disks (Pentacles in some other decks) or 3 of Anguinum is thrown, the querent is or will be experiencing:
- Paid employment, in the next three weeks or 3 months.
- Successful business transactions from working and constructive force.
- Building up, erecting, and realization and increase of material things.
- Cleverness, in business that entertains a certain selfishness as they are keen in the matter of gain.
- A time of inventing, engineering and creating where all things material is moving together within 3 weeks or 3 months.
- Communal work, where working together brings about success.
- If the Three of Disks is surrounded by Trump (Major Arcana), the querent is on the Spiritual journey of the Great Work, and is accomplishing the Task of Remembering the "As above", thus manifesting it "so below".
- When thrown this card declares that in the next 3 weeks or 3 months is the best time to get clear on your priorities, commitments and to determine what you are willing to give "the works" to.
- It is also the best time to reassess or clarify your relationships with Capricorn people (December 21- January 21).
- This is a time where clarity seems to come out of no-where allowing you to see clearly priorities and commitments that you wish to tenaciously stick to making them solid and stable in your life.
As in all Thoth cards, the definition is modified by dignity. If ill dignified by the accompanying cards, the 3 of Disks/Anguinum:
- Represents narrow and prejudiced thought and sometimes the seeking of the impossible.
- Problems at work.
- Obstacles that must be removed.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. You generosity blesses you and keeps this blog going. May you live long and prosper.