Thoth- 2 of disks-change
THE 2 OF DISKS: Change. [In traditional tarot cards Disks are called Pentacles.]
This stunning Thoth card represents the Harmony of Change. Now this may seem irrational to the survival mind, who thinks that security is constant control of situations; stability is more important than change to the animal who fears being preyed on. But that is again the illusion of indoctrinated thought. We are indoctrinated to think that carbon in a crystalline stasis, is the most valuable or one of the most valuable forms to be. We know this valuable state of carbon as a diamond. Funny thing about diamonds...They don't live! And in this form, add nothing to life whatsoever. As evolutionary forms of life, diamonds fail to live or even support life and yet carbon atoms are the foundation of all living things on earth because they are the most adaptable of atoms! What is most valuable to Life (Spirit) is living carbon atoms that are malleable enough to change by the mechanism of the union of opposites; a mechanism that requires communication! To make the motion of life changeless is impossible---for even in a state of controlled people, life will always be the exception to the rule of stability. This is easily seen by understanding entropy and/or the second law of thermodynamics which states "... All things proceed from order to disorder." Chaos, the Sea that order is born in, is the universal mechanism of change!
The Serpent in the form of a figure eight (lemniscate), is the Ancient sign of infinity (Oroboros--the serpent that eats its own tail is another) because of the knowledge that Life eats itself to stay alive. Order is eaten by Chaos which causes a reordering of energy which is a flowing transformation that in the world of atoms, keeps some carbon atoms from forming into diamonds! As long as the Great Sea of Mind that is All, keeps forming Self- Ideas, chaos, changes into order and then back to chaos.
As a Spiritual Being of Energy conscious, I find this constant change very useful in developing intelligence and wisdom (Create--see entropy and correct it) as well as the foundation of evolutionary being, i.e., adaptability! Most of us know the Yin Yang symbol of Taoist origin, and it is shown in both loops of the figure eight on the Thoth Card. The yellow color is the masculine Force (electric) and the darker colors are the feminine form which is magnetic force. In the Qaballah the union of Force and Form is the foundation of all being. Inside of each Yin Yang symbol are symbols for the Universal 4 elements, whose seemingly random combinations change everything.
Now astrologically, this card is Jupiter in Capricorn. The benevolent Planet Jupiter is not well placed in Capricorn meaning that Jupiter's good influence can only be exerted as an organizer.
The Feminine Creative or the Ocean of Magnetic Force (Binah) and Masculine currents of electric force (Chokma) are being organized into living forms on/in the Material of Malkuth---which is the 10th Sephiroth on the Tree of Life. Qabalists know Kether to be the 1st Sephiroth, and many have thought that this is the first manifestation of conscious energy. Yet Kether is the "limitless light", and has no end or beginning, which allows no viewing. Kether is the "Dark Sun" as it can't be seen, and is the least understood concept of the Tree of Life sigil. Therefore, the First Idea towards manifestation falls to the 2's, which represent Chokma (Wisdom) which is also a Hebrew feminine noun, as Wisdom is for the Greek Goddess Sophia. Elements may be essences in Kether, but only upon reaching the Deuces are they in appearance as ideas and begin the polarity necessary for change.
The 2's represent the Elements uncontaminated by influence, hence they appear in their original harmonious condition. For instance:
- The 2 of Wands is called Dominion and/ or Lord of Dominion because the word Lord implies Husbandry in its original Feudal meaning of "keeper/guardian of her property". The 2 of Wands is the Fire Element in its purest form and is the "movement within all motion".
- The 2 of cups, often called The Lord of Love and is the Purest Form of Water (fluid-like energy flow), i.e. consciousness as Anima and Animus, before separation.
- The 2 of Swords has been called the Lord of Peace or Peace. We know that swords represent "mind" but since there is no conflict to make peaceful at this stage of manifestation, it is the original bliss. It is a State of I Am without the Me paradox of imaging self, within one self. This can be a real brain teaser simply because it is the Negative form of a Positive idea.... it’s as if it is the negative electrons attracting positive electrons (protons) to make a form manifest. Like I said, a lot of thinking is necessary here, as the general proposition states that the sum of the one energy is zero, so that the Positive manifestation "isn't" real, it is reality while the Real is infinite zero. Reality only happens when 0=2. Thus the phrase, "The other side of the Mirror" is the Real "Magic" side of the Mind. Or we can say, that the image in the reflected side of the mirror is subject to the self-conception/observation and is not the Real presentation from the invisible side of the mirror. Therefore, the Malkuth, world of reflected light, is an illusion created by the very fact of reflection.
- The 2 of Disks is representative of Change, and/or Lord of Harmonious Change which is what Union produces. Union produces harmonious change simply because energy seeks its own level and when two come together as one, they balance each other, by mixing/swirling motions of microwaves and this works for 2 states of energy conscious as well. Also, Earth is the Throne of Spirit, as the Princesses are related to Earth and since the well-known axiom of Gnosis is "As above so below", we see that once having gotten to the bottom one comes out again at the top. This is a type of Mobius loop, or lemniscuses (Greek for-ribbon) which is the serpentine figure-eight magus symbol for infinity; "One who is Two", clamping down on its own tail.
The 2's may be considered the A-sexual "fetuses" of the Seed-Aces but this concept doesn't seem to make understanding these "Higher States" of conscious energy any easier. All the 2's suggest that when the Negative sees itself as a Positive, and then unites with that Positive, we get a "Self Image" and/or a self-reflection. This may help you with the Mythological concepts of the Goddess who in Virgin birth, has a son (male is considered Positive Electron and female is considered Negative Electron) and then mates with that son to produce the Universe. If you get this all tangled up with your indoctrinated-emotional concepts of sexuality-----you'll never understand the Energy Conscious concepts of the 2's and/or yourself. However, I love to tease the indoctrinated ego-invader of the brain, so here is another concept of the 2's, "From herself, she created him, and then mated with him so she could become her and him." I just love that one!
The 2 of Disks is the Kingdom of Earth or one could say the Kingdom of Creation/Self-Awareness, for in that kingdom, change is a universal constant.
the tarot of druids- 2 of anguinum
The Tarot of Druids- 2 of Anguinum (Pentacles or Disks) depicts 2 Druids passing each other on the "path of life". One is younger and going forth, while another is older and "returning". From "dust to dust", so to speak. Like I said before, the Anguinum is a sacred wrinkled egg, believed by the ancient Celts to have been laid by a serpent. It represents the "world egg", hence, pentacle or disks in the Western Mysteries.
The image presented on the 2 of Anguinum card, is obviously about change. Hence, the Thoth card and the Tarot of Druids card are comparable in meaning.
When this card is thrown for an individual during a reading, it means:
- A transformation in the physical world is upon them in two weeks or two months’ time.
- This is Cause and Effect and/ or the Law of Attraction, where what we think of the most is formed in the atoms around us as a living observation and/or life style.
- In Physics, it is known that observation changes the observed and most of us know that by observing a thought through the powerful emotions (energy-in-motion) of love or fear will charge that thought into manifested action from benevolent on one hand or malevolent on the other. Perspective is everything to a Conscious Energy---which we all know as Spirit. Life is but a perspective of Self-Awareness!
- The ability to juggle or balance more than one project at a time and or two or more situations at once time.
- When the mental aspects attributed to Female (unconscious) and the Male (consciousness), in all of us is balanced, we know Life as Playful Creativity and enjoy the challenges of entropy. Where as if they are at odds, life becomes a serious struggle where chaos eventually wins.
- That it is better to allow chaos and then reorder it in a new way to be, knowing full well that you can and always have done so as Spirit.
- Know Thyself! You are originally Spirit; a powerful Observer known as Will-to-Be! From Non- being, you have always created being! This is your inheritance, from Chokma and Binah. "To be" which is never stasis and always re-observing itself! This state of self-reevaluation is Identity Transformation.
- Changes in commercial undertakings.
- Flexibility as the positive side of change.
If ill defined by surrounding cards:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.