I Adventure into the Great Unknown.
The Starman Tarot- 6 of Swords concentrates on the epic journey of the adventure that resides in all of us. Often the willingness to change, is ignored for the supposed security of the life we have made for ourselves. [In 1991 Diane K. Osbon published “Reflections on the Art of Living: A Joseph Campbell Companion” which consisted of material she selected and edited. The following text appeared in a section titled “In the Field”, and Osbon stated that she had collected the words directly from Campbell.]But as Joseph Campbell wrote, " We must let go of the life we have planned , so as to accept the one waiting for us". What many of us have forgotten, is that the Soul, a Photon-Solar Self, who uses you as its Avatar on Earth, has life already laid out your identity and life, for the Soul to experience self-information through you. The "life" that man-made is not life, but the illusion created by those who rule worded definition. Hence, your life is but a fantasy woven of words, when in truth, you are the "Above who came to the below": The Psyche of a Star, who makes a form, operated by bio-photons and formed of "star dust", to experience the many possibilities of Self. Photons are "Light", and it is bio-photons that spark between the neurons in the brain, heart, and gut, that is "the you", a Spirit/Soul, who came to earth to become intimate with self-awareness. Now that is a journey of the Hero! I Am the evolution of Light! Hence, the halo around the head of the enlightened!
To carry forth this enlightened message, the Starman Card depicts an Indian brave standing in his canoe that is afloat on the golden sea of the unknown possibilities and looks to be about to vault down a waterfall.
Before him, a Spirit Guide is breathing new life into his being (Spirit and Spiral, come from the Greek word-Spiro, that means "breath" ). Now this young brave has left all that was comfortable, family, home, and a life laid out for him by his culture. But the journey has called him and he now travels on a sea of possibilities, with shards of golden rock to his right, and Angelic patterns of golden light above him, messengers of the strange new land.
The first Law in the physics of thermodynamics, states that " There is only one energy, that cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed " and I dare say it is also can be transmitted. However the second law , states that " All things proceed from order to disorder" and this act is known in Physics as " the law of entropy". Entropy, is a state of stasis, such as one not getting off of their ass to do something that might entail risk. As comfort seekers, the body falsely believes that in order to do something different it and life expanding one must first "feel good" about the doing of it. As the 5 of Swords implies, severity will often step in to make one move forward. Throughout the history of mankind, it is often true that the greatest works of mankind, in art, in science, and literature "are sparked by the fire of turmoil, or birthed from the womb of sadness", to quote Davide De Angelis, the author of the Starman Tarot. In other words, "shit happens" and greatness comes from the unexpected turmoil of discomfort. Maybe that is why the Sufi Poet, Mostafa Jahaladine Rumi wrote," Surprise is the greatest gift of all".
Therefore, the Starman 6 of Swords indicates that:
- It is time to venture across the unknown sea, for something is awaiting your arrival.
- Beware the energy of transition.
- Leave the familiar behind.
- Move forward, forgive the past.
- Testing your abilities to gain self-knowledge.
- Jumping into something new, before you are ready.
- Clinging to false beliefs.
- Feeling the need to be rescued.
6 of Swords-Science:
The complete interpretation of this Thoth card- is the perfect balance of all mental and moral facilities, hardly won and almost impossible to hold in the chaos of an ever-changing world. The 6 of Swords represents the science of the mind that is both objective and fair-witnessing.
The 6 swords, suggesting the form of the unicursal hexagram, all join in the center Rose of the Rosy cross; a Rosicrucian Cross, which is the universal symbol of integration, synthesis and blessing. This Rosy Cross indicates that the 6 of Swords represents the integrative mind that recognizes sources of inspiration that are sometimes unexplained. The holistic mind is symbolized by the circle while the crystalline diamond represents the crystal clear creative mind. This mind can consider many thoughts at once (the many pin wheels in the background) and integrating them into a whole clarity that is objectively communicated in such a way as to present a new perspective that is otherwise unseen, which is exactly how the Soul/Psyche works.
Mercury is seen at the top of the card and Aquarius at the bottom, symbolizing Mercury in Aquarius. Mercury is the winged messenger (clear communication) and Aquarius is the New Age (new perspectives) symbolizing the ability to communicate new ideas in such an objective way that they are easily understood and heard.
In reiteration, the Minor cards are all under the rule of a Sephiroth, in the case of the 6's, it is the 6th Sephiroth Tiphareth- Beauty, the Soul. The adept-personality will find the initiation of Tiphareth/the Solar Soul, the first of the Greater Initiations into the meaning of self. This Tiphareth initiation is literally a scarifying of all that we know to be self, and life as we have lived it. Here the sacrifice is not relinquishing the much desired something, but rather a transition of Force, from that of the will of lesser consciousness to the Pure Will of the Greater Self. "Thy will be done" rather than, "my will be done". In Tiphareth, one becomes the "I" of the Soul, rather than the personality made by the world of mankind.
The Four 6's are about definite accomplishment and carrying out of a matter.
`THE 6 OF SWORDS- Science card is also called: Lord of Earned Success the Angels of the Decan are: Rehaayal and Yeyezeil. The Six of Swords is influenced by Tiphareth in the Astral World [Yetzirah].
The air sign of Aquarius, is ruled by Saturn, which tends to stabilize the fleeting qualities of Mercury. The positioning of Mercury in Aquarius, a Mind sign, leads naturally to science and humanitarianism so success is the result of Saturn's work in this aspect. Now the cutting power of Swords is turned toward the positive, and the Rose is resurrected after being war torn in the 5 of Swords, related to the Severity of Geburah. In the 6 of Swords, the swords all come together at a point in the restored Rose Cross of 6 squares, which Crowley calls, “The Rose Cross at the central secret of Scientific Truth." Thus, we have the definitive meaning of "success after anxiety and trouble", for the Way of the Cross is suffering before ascension. Here, Tiphareth shows the perfect balance and idea of the card, as all moral and mental faculties are perfectly balanced, won by great effort, but as stated before, hard to hold in an ever-changing world of political propaganda and commercialized morality.
When thrown during a reading, the 6 of swords implies that the querent is:
- Objective, logical and prone to logical thinking.
- Showing strong analytical ability, and displays logical scientific thinking both internally and outwardly.
- In 6 weeks or 6 months, problems will be ended, because the correct, logical things have been done or are being done.
- Communication patterns are logical, reliable and promote problem solving.
- There is a general acceptance of attitudes and belief systems that promote rhythmic and cyclic life style.
- The ability to see things as a whole objective perspective. Here, the mind is watching itself and aids in passage from one world of conscious perspective to another.
The negative of this card:
- Would be confusion because of extreme mental activity producing conflicting thoughts, ambiguity and indecision.
- Again, depending on the accompanying cards, when this card is thrown it indicates that in the next 6 weeks or 6 months it is important to look at things as they are rather than what you want them to be.
- It is important to be clear in your own mind so that you can successfully communicate new ideas or decisions in such a way as to be nonthreatening and easily heard.
- This card can also indicate that you should make a special effort to communicate clearly to the important Aquarian people in your life (January 21 to February 21).
- The Science-mind is clear, sharp and free of confusion, uncluttered with "should have beens" and "wanna-be's". It is a rare state of mind that is important to utilize.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.