The Dreams of Gaia Tarot- 10 of Air, represents the process of individualization. Here, one steps away from external forces, events and words that we believe define us and thereby, becoming the independent being of the Soul, who recognizes and embraces their own uniqueness and individuality. Fear of rejection, the foundation of a child's world, has placed a false face over our own real face, so that we could "fit-in" and belong. It's time to grow -upward and be the sovereign of your own kingdom, i.e. Self. After all, you are good enough for the Divine Creative, who wouldn't create anything it doesn't want, for that would be a sign of insanity or in the least, a mind of chaos. One should remember, individuality doesn't mean separation, for we are all "humanity", a collective of individuals. Each are like the cells in the body, we all start as "one" who divides multiple times, and even though we all come from the same source, some of us become heart cells, kidney cells, brain cells, liver cells, skin cells, etc. Each from the same Parent Cell, yet each has decided to be "something different" and like life, the unique cells gather together, to create something different. No one is alone in their uniqueness. As we grow into ourselves, we find that we change friends and acquaintances, for even friendship transforms in a universe of constant change.
I Am not what society dictates, nor am I man-made, I am the Psyche whose avatar in the world of matter, is the "body". The I Am... is a Soul, A Psyche, developed in the Universal Collective Unconscious Mind, as an example of Self. Each of us a collective of our own, as we are all copies of the One, yet we develop out of the need of the One to create diverse awareness of Self. For Self, can obviously be you and me! Since we are "living Photons", Suns/Sons of the Divine Creative, we have sovereignty over what we consider Self to be. By our individual declarations of I AM, we define the uniqueness of eternal Self. One Self who is many Selves. Male and Female, we are still One. The Mind is 0=2, none of the sexes of any species, dictate mind. Sex is for the creation of diversity. For without diversity, entropy/chaos would have consumed all, as all things proceed from order to disorder (2nd law of Thermodynamics). Therefore, if only the "Same" existed, disorder could not be outrun by creation. For "the Same" is always the same, no matter how many of "the Same" are created, when one of "the same" goes into disorder, all of "the same" will fall to chaos. I for one, am glad we are unique, for that means I can be me, no matter how many ignorant people want "to be the Same". Only free and liberated people are not bound by others opinions, or reactions to our actions. Nor are any of us bound by social constraints, nor are we impeded by the past. I Am the Eternal Now.
When Spirit-Soul/Mind-Body, are one trinity, we have a powerful cooperative, who can be a perfect imitation of the Divine Creative that is needed to manipulate matter into the Form of the Above. "As above so below," is the axiom of Western Qabalah, and points out that you are as the Above. You are Spirit-Mind-Body, a unique creation called a HuMan/God-Mind (Hu is Mandarin for "god" and Man comes from Manas, Hindu for "Mind") who owns a homo sapiens sapiens (twice wise man) to do your bidding in the world of Matter. For you are the Living Light Spectrum of the One Mind, a Rainbow of "gods", who create in your own image! I Am Self, who is only aware of itself, by experimentation in image. Images are called forms, Forms come from "data', which once understood, becomes InFormAtion; or what I like to call In Form Action. It is time for your Unique Self to dance in the form of you. Love what you do, and love doing you.
The Dreams of Gaia 10 of Air, displays the Living Light of Self, and the butterflies of Souls created from that Blazing display of Solar Awareness. Love the light you are, and love the shadow you cast and do the love of you in all that you do. For we be "Gods" and uniquely so, for we create our own image of the universe, and of Self. This is called "perspective" and/or observation.
When the 10 of Air is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- A time of independence.
- Say goodbye to public persona.
- No longer bound by another's opinion.
- Walk your own path.
- Humans are paradoxical by nature.
- See and know your potential. Above all things, know thyself.
- The Self is Spirit-Mind-Body; it is Whole.
- Time to grow up and leave home.
10 of Swords-Ruin:
Ah, the paradox of the suit of swords! This card indicates a new hope, a new direction born out of ruin and despair. The 10 of Swords card represents a mental conclusion, long sought, that has been a mental struggle which has rent asunder our plans and left us in an insomniac’s mental paradigm. One may have reached a conclusion that things are just not going to work out in two areas of their life;
- Things of the heart (lower half of the image) as shown by the pierced heart
- And areas of finance as shown by the balance scales at the top of the card.
This realization may cause one to experience a deep fear of "things not Working out" which only insures that they don't.
The Astrological sign of this card is Sun in Gemini. Individuals who have their Sun in Gemini, are very gifted at synchronizing paradoxes, polarities, and/or oppositions. Therefore, they are able to look at all aspects of a situation, balancing the positive and negative aspects. This facility also can produce a deep heart-felt fear about the issues of finance, relationships, and creative initiative.
With powerful facilities of any kind, we have the Great Creative Pendulum of the Imaginative Mind that can swing from positive motion to negative motion right at the apogee of creative endeavors. When we who have the Mind of Self, are powerfully imaginative, we must also exercise powerful digression concentrating our thought on what we want rather than what we fear thus avoiding the negative swing right when we can see successful endeavor looming in the near future. As stated, astrologically this card represents the Sun in Gemini and is the most destructive card in the deck. However; many astrologers state that, “The stars impel, they do not compel." This simply means that we are not slaves to our destiny, but have the inner-spiritual capacity to considerably improve our earthly life. Choices are to be made and a change of perspective is always possible.
Qabalistically, 10 of Swords represents Malkuth (Physical World) in Yetzirah (Astral World). The divinatory meaning of this card is ruin, death, failure, disaster. This is more of a death card than the Key 13-Death trump, which is more of a transformational card than a physical death. The reason the 10 of Swords can be more of a death card is that it is the Physical World influencing the Astral/Imagination; the Astral being the foundation of the physical world where dreams become reality and some of those dreams we most fear are nightmares of ruin.
What makes this card so very destructive is not ruin itself, but rather the fear of ruin which doesn't allow us to move-on and therefore change our destiny through the activity of expanded Self-Awareness.
The Swords arranged in a Tree of Life format, shows us a break in the connection of "as above so below" which indicates our survival mind (monkey mind) has closed itself off from the Higher Self of Spirit and wallows in its own fantasies of fear. There is destruction of relationships, ruin, death, disaster, complete disruption and failure, fearfully dancing in the almost gleeful brain as it may laughingly plot the destruction of happiness in others who it blames for its failures. Not a great card. However, it is also a harbinger of change.
The Angels of the Decan, are Dambayah and Menqal.
The 10 of Swords is Malkuth in Yetzirah, the Astral World. [For more information on angels, see Crowley's books: 777 and Book of Thoth]
To reiterate; for Material things, this is the most destructive card in the deck and most people dislike seeing it in a spread; However, those who know and use the Tarot as an instrument of Divination, understand that as in Astrology, "the stars/cards impel, they do not compel".
Since, by focusing our thoughts, we have the capacity to improve our life-motion, we should do just that. Ethically this is no less moral than resigning a position when one sees a work related disaster on the horizon. What moral is broken, when one is told by the cards," that if you walk in the street you will be struck by a motor vehicle", and that person now chooses to walk on the sidewalk instead? Divination helps us make focused choices. We should use the capacities we are given, as we are not Slaves of any destiny outside of our own making. Imagination is the capacity to Image Make, that is why the images of Tarot, images that have been verified by the best of minds over thousands of years, talk to our Soul, who is the Psyche of Self-Image. Words are the tool of the "trickster" and create only what you are taught to believe. Destiny is Imagined!
However, this destiny control, requires us to "Above all things, Know thyself", and to be an Active Personality, Rather than a personality made by environment and/ or a reactionary presence that is controlled by peers, or cultural definitions. For if presence is reactionary, our destiny is that of Ruin, as our performance is always "after the fact".
The 10 of Swords Ruin, implies, the Horse is already out of the barn, and closing the door is a Band-Aid, not a solution. Something that our governments are slow to learn.
It's best to focus on what you are thinking--- pay attention! For your thoughts create no others, nor their definition, as your thoughts are the operating fulcrum of your Life-Motion, they create your destiny! For a fulcrum to operate efficiently, a rigid base is a necessity. Thus, as in a "personality", which is a mechanism of the Mind, if the mechanical (personality) Fulcrum (thinking) must devote most of its energy trying to hammer out a permanent way of movement (overcome negative thought), while trying to overcome the counter motion of a "wobbling base", i.e. an uncertainty of Self, the outcome for proper performance is bleak indeed. This is the message of the 10 of Swords.
Again, I cannot overstate the necessity for "Above all things, know thyself"! Each of us must understand, that by thinking ill of ourselves or of another, we only supply our body with ill thoughts that confuse our performance and ruin our health and our destiny!
However, 10's are notoriously short lived, as they are an end of a cycle, and soon a new cycle begins, So a 10, can also mean, the pain you are going through now is on the mend, especially if you are recovering from a physical or mental injury, where your movement has suffered a "ruin", but by focused perspective, you are aiding your recovery. A 10 is 1+ 0=1, which is the number of Kether, on the Tree of Life, thus a cycle of the Tree ends, and a new one "down the Tree" begins.
The 10 of Swords card reminds us that with positives comes negatives and when thrown during a divination it indicates:
- The Divinatory meaning of the TEN OF SWORDS is ruin, death, failure, and disaster. Since this card is in MALKUTH (Earth) it is more of a death card than Key 13-DEATH, of the Major Arcana. DEATH, key 13, is more of a situational death, a transformation, whereas, #10 of Swords- Ruin, is a "personal disaster" waiting to happen. When and if this card shows up in the "house and Home" or "Beneath" you position in a Celtic cross reading, go get a thorough physical checkup from your doctor and focus on your physical and mental health. You also need a "personality tune-up" and it’s time to pay attention to how you perceive the world.
- That in the next 10 weeks or 10 months, we will have the capability to experience resolve negative thinking about both finances and things of the heart. Especially our fear of ruin about relationships with Gemini people in our life (May 21 to June 21).
- One will feel fears of things not working, or “I know this is not going to work" and are cautioned not to believe them and just concentrate on what you desire to happen.
- There is a positive here to understand, and that is just when we are about to achieve our goals, great fear of not achieving them shows up. So when that fear is experienced, one may now know it as a positive sign that a little more effort is needed to "get over the hump" towards successful pursuance of your dreams.
- When fear of ruin is seen as a stepping stone, its debilitating effect is greatly reduced and we are almost there; where ever "there" may be.
- Swords reminds us of the conundrum of the mind.... that if you think with great self-power, you can also be powerfully self-destructive. This is the paradox of the Artistic personality.
- Knowing that these moods of creative joy swinging into heart felt fear only means we are a very creative thinker, can help us to avoid being a victim of our own powerful oracle that is imagination.
- Within 10 days, 10 weeks, or 10 months, choices for a new beginning may be seen, depending on how long we fear.
- Transcending one’s old patterns, does require a ruin of the past patterns so this card can also represent the realization of ruin if we continue on with the patterns of the past.
- It can also represent ailments of the heart and depending on the cards around it, a visit to your health practitioner is advised.
- It is good to remember, however much doom our think is immersed in our future is fluid and can change in a moment just by shifting one of our operational patterns. We have the Power of Spirit, which is to identify and transform identity, moment by moment. This card tells us it is time to do so!
If surrounded by negative cards, the 10 of Swords is then ill defined and implies:
- Death or arbitrary end.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.