tarot of the old path-seven of pentacles
The Thoth Tarot- 7 of Disks-is called Failure and is represented as the Seven of Pentacles in the Tarot of the Old Path.
The Tarot of the Old Path- Seven of Pentacles shows a hot and sweating agricultural worker who is attending a flourishing plant that bears seven pentacles. The health of the plant is rewarding his hard work.
He is weeding, and protecting his investment, as the medieval weed hook in his hand denotes. Also implied, is that hard work and attention must be applied to achieve results.
The Green leaves represent the element of Earth which because of man's diligent efforts, earth will bless him with abundance.
thoth- 7 of disks-failure
The Thoth deck card concentrates more on the Zodiacal aspects of the 7 of Disks and the Sephiroth for which it represents.
Netzach means Victory. To reiterate: Feelings, instinct, and undifferentiated Group Mind, are attributed to the Sphere of Netzach.
Here, Netzach is in Assiah, influencing the Material World. The planet and sign of the Seven of Disks-Failure, are Saturn in Taurus. The Angels of the Decan are Herochiel and Mitzrael.
Saturn in Taurus brings disappointment, often because of a great deal of work that brings little reward.
There are sixteen of the gemantic figures (See AC's book, 777 or "The Hand Book of Gemancy" Equinox Vol. I, No.2). The 7 of Disks is in the shape of the gemantic figure Rubeus, which is the one of putrefaction, a menacing symbol.
If you are a student of Alchemy, putrefaction is noted as a necessary process of chemical transformation, before purification can be produced. Thus the atmosphere of the card implies blight, cultivation is spoiled. The suggestion is bad money. The Thoth- 7 of Disks, Failure, is also called,The Lord of Success unfulfilled and rightly so, as it is about physical failure and non-success.
When the 7 of Disks or the Seven of Pentacles ) Failure, is thrown during a reading:
- Implied is a fear of failure with finances, health and relationships. However, 7 in Netzach is a weak event,and deregulation of the element of earth, so soon the querent's project will be completed if determined to "keep on" and ignoring the feelings of never finishing the task.
- The Determination to release this fear of failure should go on for within 7 weeks or 7 months. However, this determination must be hard fought, for there is a tendency to abandon labor, and allowing everything to sink in a mire of sloth.
- Yet again, putrefaction is before the transformation of purification, so this is the point where the "lowest fallen becomes the highest exalted" . So the implication of this card, is that you shall succeed if you don't listen to the thoughts of failure that are tempting your brain.
- Push harder, you'll soon succeed!
If ill defined by the surrounding cards:
- There is no effort here:not even dream.
- The stake has been thrown down and it is lost.
- Everything is sunk in sloth.
- Labor itself is abandoned.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper!