tarot of the old path-knight of cauldrons
The armor and chain mail of the Tarot of the Old Path Knight of Cauldrons, reflects images of water thereby establishing the element of this card. He is lost in thought which implies he is an imaginative person.
In the golden cauldron that he bears, are flowers of Sweet- William which in the language of flowers implies one is gallant, diplomatic and possesses great dexterity.
The primary implication of this card is that of an imaginative young person who is socially at ease and open-minded. Someone who is artistic and poetic, convincing and easily convinced.
thoth-prince of cups
The Thoth Tarot-Prince of Cups is like all Princes of the Thoth Tarot compatible to the Knights of Traditional Tarot. All the Princes in the Thoth Tarot are dependent on the Union of the King and Queen. Unless set in motion by the Royal couple, a Prince's power is illusion rather than substantial.
The Prince of Cups is known in the Mysteries, as the Prince of the Chariot of the Waters, Prince and Emperor of the Nymphs and Undines, as he represents the last Decan of Libra and the first two Decans of Scorpio. He is Specific Air of Primal Water, which would make him the intellect of emotions.
By now blog readers may know the Yod Heh Vau Heh formula, which is also shown in the Prince of Cups. Here we see the water Lotus and the cup that is issuing serpent. The Serpent represents the 2nd Sephiroth, Chokmah, the Yod Force and in this card, it has the Fiery unsettling qualities of Scorpio.
The cup is Heh and encloses the Yod serpent which is the Victorian way to show phallus and womb ...King and Queen in Union.
The prince, as Vau, carries out the activities of Yod and Heh combined, here then is Water (consciousness).
The Eagle drawing the Chariot, is the Kerubic symbol for Water and the Highest symbol for Scorpio; the Serpent is the sexual symbol for Scorpio and the lowest symbol for Scorpio is the scorpion. And as we know if we've swam in a river, the Eagle also suggests that the calm appearance of water, may hold violent and fiery energy-currents beneath the surface.
Thus, in the Prince of Cups, Water suggests the Universal Collective Unconscious (coined by Carl Jung) which bears dynamic energy. Hence, what activity we can expect from the prince of cups personality is on one hand, elastic, volatile and hydrostatic equilibrium; on the other hand, the catalytic faculty and energy of steam which is shown in the Tarot card as wings of tenuous vapor, sprouting from his back. Steam also suggests a spiritual sense of vaporization.
Scorpio is noted as being the most Mysterious of Signs, and as stated has three symbols of eagle, serpent, and scorpion, making this card overly complicated in its Water imagery. The Lotus is sacred to Water. The calm and stagnant Lake beneath the Prince is shown being disturbed by heavy rain; Rain being the volatile expression of Vapor that has become clouds. The reason the lake is shown stagnant, is because of the Alchemical secret process of putrefaction which is also symbolized by the scorpion (not shown because it is secret). The other two processes of Scorpio are shown as the Serpent and the Eagle. Sexual force and Higher Motion, in that order.
As I've said before: The Princes represent the coming and going of an event or person.
In the case of the Prince of Cups or Knight of Cauldrons:
- The morality or moral characteristic of such a person would encase subtlety, secret violence and craft.
- Being also an artist in all his ways, he would be intensely secret.
- The calm and imperturbable surface he displays masks his most intense passion.
- He accepts only external influences that aid him in his secret designs.
- His conscience is not that of an ordinary person, for it is of a more impersonal nature, making him suspected and distrusted by acquaintances.
- He is perfectly ruthless and inspires fear in those that distrust him.
- His abilities are immense, going beyond ordinary senses into realms of the subtle.
- He is, however, fluid, and volatile as well, and does not care to work in harness.
- The fact that this card is Libra going over into Scorpio, suggests great volatility, as this influence implies tremendous power, energy, and weight.
- Such a person must be well mated, with goodwill and sincerity, for loyalty is all important to keep their good nature. When this Is so, they are extremely romantic, sensual, and generous to a fault and are great lovers.
- As far as events go, this is a personal process of the quiet inner aspect of the male principle where self-reflection, inner meditative peace and awareness are being experienced by the querent (The person the reading is for). Here the event of Mind is turned towards deep feelings and artistic visions with the necessary passion to do them but with the secrecy that may prevent it. Here a person is completely involved in emotional sensation, psychic awareness, and spiritual awareness. All of which they have in abundance.
- Lack of sensitivity.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper