Thoth-3 of Disks-Works
Santa Muerte- 3 of Pentacles
The Thoth 3 of Disks-Works represents endurance, strong physical determination, and tenacity. This is the ability to give the "works" to what you want. This is the card of nobility; that of trade, skilled labor, renown and glory.
The pyramid symbolizes focused power as commitment and priority. The blue light surrounding the pyramid states the capacity of clarity; clarity about what you will or will not give your energy, mind and body to. In other words, “the Works". The gray waves in the background represent confusion; However, this confusion has been broken through by the lighted pyramid of clear intention, clarity of priorities and commitments. The 3 red wheels represent the alignment of mind, heart and action.
The astrological sign of Mars in the 10th house of Capricorn adorns this card. As Mars is the planet of activity, energy, vitality and assertion while Capricorn represents, among other things, career, social position, a dominant parent when linked together this card represents, the assertion of Mind, Heart and Action with focused intention moving in the same direction of tangible and secure manifestation.
To the Universal Collective Unconscious-Self, "The Works" is Life Itself so when we align our body and soul (heart) and action towards priorities, commitments and/or what we wish to give "the works" to----we align with Universal Priorities which can enhance all that we are determined to do. All we have to do is focus, begin with what we have, and the Unconscious Universal Priority will subtlely accelerate us towards our goal.
This card represents the influence of Binah, the Qabalistic Trinity Mother-Goddess, in the physical world. The 3 of Disks also represents, trade, skilled labor, physical persistence, tenacity, endurance and strong determination to get the job done. For the Alchemist and Qabalist, Works represents the combinations of Mercury, sulfur, and salt or the material letters Aleph (air), Mem (water) and Shin (fire). Illustrated on this Thoth card is the pyramid of crystallized forces rises out of the Great Sea of Binah with Mars it becomes the assertion of Mind, Heart and Action with focused -Mars like aggressive intention shown as waves of a "high sea".
Since this card represents the Divine Ability to create material manifestation, it reminds us that we must keep Spirit, Mind and Body, equally involved in our creativity in order to manifest our ideals. To see our dreams as children to be born, and go about paying attention to detail and dedicate our heart and soul towards this goal. This is love of being Creative and Prudent, in order to nurture our dream into fruition. To those who love creating---expressing their soul into matter, diligence is the only time limit as they love the act of creating more than the goal attained; such people are in -tune with the Great Work which is to be. It is not what you become that is important, it is being that is important in order to keep transforming energetic presence. Living the Now, is better than hoping to be living a future---which is liquid and only swirls to the currents of your present motion!
The Four 3's are associated with Binah who is the Great Mother and is called UNDERSTANDING. In Understanding, the idea becomes fertilized /information and a child can be born as in-form-action. The formulation of the Supernal Triangle, (Kether-Crown, and Chokma-Wisdom & Binah-Understanding) is a stability that cannot be made unstable. We know the Triangle that begins birth of All, as many combinations of 3. Maid-Mother-and Crone, each a special perspective on Womb-rite. Father-Son- and Holy Ghost, each an active part of the stable foundation of "the Spirit Fire" or rite of Phallus. Ocean-Rain-and River, each a process of Life or Ocean-Sun-and Earth. While the mind is made up of Unconscious, (The One Mind of Universal Collective Unconscious) subconscious and conscious, we can go on and on but in all cases a fertilization is achieved and a child can be born.
- The 3 of Wands is called Virtue, and/or The Lord of Virtue (Husbandry), for in this state of conscious energy, the idea of will and dominion has become interpreted in Character.
- The 3 of Cups is called Abundance and/or the Lord of Abundance where the idea of Love has come to fruition as Eros, Philo and Agapé. (The 3's are far enough down the Tree of Life to begin seeing definite differentiation between the suits, giving birth to the idea of division----so that "many can be made from the One who is Three".
- The idea of division, of mutability, which is the "airy' quality of things, is made manifest in the 3 of Swords. The 3 of Swords is named SORROW, not the vulgar sorrow of individual discontent or disappointment but the Sorrow of the Dark Binah, and of the Dark Isis. In German this great sorrow is called Weltschmerz-"the universal sorrow". It is the inner quality of Melancholy. I find it easier to understand the 3 of Swords by understanding the Great Mother's sorrow over her seeing the Bright Shimmering Beauty of Her Children and because of "freedom of choice", unable to intervene when watching her children become ugly in their own minds as they identify themselves as monsters. All of which happens when fear is the foundation of our ideas/identity rather than Love.
- The 3 of Disks (Pentacles) exhibits the crystallization of forces, which is the ideal of Earth. There is an obvious manifestation of Work having been done. This is also often called the Great Work and/or Life creating the Alive. This may make more sense to you if you remember that the “other-side of the Mirror", is the Dark Place where Will is the Supernal Triangle of the Tree of Life: Kether-"I will Be", Chokmah- "I Will Force", and Binah-"I Will Form". Therefore, the Alive are the Child made manifest from this Union of 3 Aspects of Will, that combine to make the Crystallization of Light and/or the Reflective side of the "Dark Mirror" where Self views Selves! This conceptualization of a two-sided mirror goes far in explaining why "Mirror Magic" is so often used to insure manifestation of idea into information.
Not many people understand that the body is merely a Reflection, of your Invisible side; the invisible you who is the majority of you (You are physically 99.6% invisible) is often called "Spirit", yet it is "Dark Energy";It is in the Dark, warmth, of your "infinite light" (Spirit) that all Life comes from...the body is Alive, but in itself is not Life! As stated, the body is a Reflection of Life or as Crowley stated it"... the body is reflected upon the soul". Hence, it behooves us as copies of the Divine Creative to think well from your deep dark places, to be Alive and Well! Understanding that we must become what we "think we are", it pays to remember this axiom, “Do unto another as you would have done to you."...for that is in itself a Triangle of three---Idea, Cause and effect. It is unbreakable in its stability. So it pays to know what your ideas create. If you identify "others" instead of "Another’s" (everyone I see is another way to be Me.) you will keep lessening yourself until your life force can no longer sustain the body health and balance. To think less of others, is to lessen yourself. Your thoughts, ideas, and opinions only affect the Cause of Yourself. Your Self-Reflection, enacts your Deep thoughts, into "aliveness" and/or emotion. Your body is the only one who "feels" your thoughts and then must enact/emote them. We are not responsible for how "others" react to us. We are, however, the response or reaction to our own thought! Others are just another way to be Divine Children; Children who have the Goddess given Freedom of Choice; gifted Divine Children, who have a right to their identities, be they ill or well thought out.
Love, is intelligence as it is both wise and understanding---not the act of a simpleton but of a Powerful Spirit Being. To Love Being----is to be love.
The Magus knows, that to be able to "think" means you are not the effect called Thought, but the Cause of it. So my thoughts aren't "my precious", they are the cause that affects the Alive and hopefully ordered enough to work effectively. I then have the Knowledge to make, and remake thought to improve the function of my body, rather than think that I am the thought I think, and must defend those thoughts to the death, which then elevates thought above the Truth (Truth is made manifest). This is silly as eliminating the Alive or at least enslaving the Alive to thoughts when being Alive and its expansion and liberation from thought’s self- imposed limits, is the very reason for the Union of Spirit and matter. Self-Reflection, requires information and/or in-form-action, i.e., bodies! To make Thought Sensual, is necessary to create a screening process; a living laboratory for discerning creation! We are a creative Spirit who can devote our though controlled “time/space" to "expanding and liberating" the Body from the survival thinking of the animal domain of "I fear" to the level of "I love". This in turn expands and liberates self-awareness that is the I AM ! By the feelings of Love or Fear generated by the Communion of idea with a sensual- living laboratory, ideas become experimental processes that either free the self-identity from the past or bind it to the past. Idea alone is not enough to properly operate the Alive! Life depends on the Threesome of the Divine Wedding, which is the triangle made of Wills, the Union of Wisdom (Chokmah), Understanding (Binah), to create the Beautiful Bright Child called Knowledge (Daath), the "invisible Sephiroth".
When you understand the 3's, you begin to understand your God-Mind.
To reiterate: the Thoth Deck 3 of Disks-Work, represents the Great Work, the establishment of the material/Visible Universe and the determination of its basic form. The 3's are the number of the Great Mother Binah, the 3's of Disks is the Influence of the Great Mother's Understanding, the "Will to Form", in the Sphere of Earth. Here, Binah is illustrated as background on the Thoth card, as the Great Sea of Binah in the Night. The fact that Unlimited Light is dark, is shown by the mottled gray, indigo and green pattern of the active sea whose waves are microwaves of consciousness.
Also, Mars in Capricorn, even though Saturn is the celestial ruler Capricorn, this is a placing of Mars in his most exalted state, the Martian energy is constructive and he becomes an exceptional builder and engineer.*
*Mars in 10th House people have high goals, are enthusiastic and very energetic. They’d make great managers, because they can organize themselves and others very efficiently.
It’s their wish to lead and take initiative when it comes to their own career. Success will find them, because they’re hard workers and look for variety behind every corner. Confident and very oriented towards achieving great results, they may have a problem with authority and their parents.
Mars in 10th House summary:
- Strengths: Talented, original and practical;
- Challenges: Needy and stubborn;
- Advice: Avoid doing something in excess and aim for balance;
- Celebrities: Beyonce, Selena Gomez, Kanye West, Uma Thurman, Kristen Stewart.
Natives having Mars in the tenth House may sometimes feel like their ego is too expressive, but at least it inspires them to be great achievers. If they are able to identify themselves by their job or projects, they will continue working hard and making their dreams come true.
To a Qabalist, the Great Work is to make the "As above, so below", which is a process of "Above all things, know thyself", all of which is achieved by remembering the Spiritual journey "down" the Tree of Life and then by consciously traveling "back up" and thus opening our personalities to the Great Personality that began this process of Macrocosm to Microcosm. To "Remember thyself", is to know your divinity, not just believing in it. Here, then we "become" the Heavenly Human, (Adam Khadmon and Eve Khadmon) which in Egyptian Tarot /Thoth Tarot is Horus- The Sun/Son.
Part of the Great Work is to establish a "Knowing Evolutionary" state of “expanding and liberating", the animal brain from, survival thinking limits that keep it from Wisdom. To a Qabalist, Wisdom is the ability to "create-see error-and correct it", for we know that Wisdom is 50% error, and 50% correction; to the indoctrinated animal brain to make error is feared as a survival blunder and uncomfortable and therefore, easily denied to feel "comfortable", thus keeping it from progressing. The wise know that we must make mistakes when creating in a "cause and effect" universe, as entropy is part of all material creation. Entropy, is always seeking to "proceed from order to disorder (2nd law of Thermodynamics), and the Universal solution to that chaos, is to keep up motion by constant change and/or transformation. In other words, "to expand and liberate" creation from previous boundaries. If you know yourself at all, you will know that the Human Being is the Solution to conscious limitations of dreams. We have the "Mind of Goddess/God", often called Imagination; Imagination is what I call "the Womb with a view”. Thus we can see beyond our thoughts and senses; we can plot and give birth to futures. We are visionary in our sight and see beyond the entropy of the moment. To know thyself, is to know that the moment doesn't contain you and that it is just a moment, whereas you, are a Master of Time /Space and have the power to change moments, just by observation alone**, thus changing the future.
In physics, the observer effect is the theory that the mere observation of a phenomenon inevitably changes that phenomenon. This is often the result of instruments that, by necessity, alter the state of what they measure in some manner. A common example is checking the pressure in an automobile tire; this is difficult to do without letting out some of the air, thus changing the pressure.
santa muerte tarot- 3 of pentacles
The Advice of the Dead:
Persevere without hesitation towards that in which you are placing all of your physical and economic reserves, without letting anyone trample on your harvest.
The Santa Muerte- 3 of Pentacles, implies to persevere without hesitation. Here are shown the first arrival of the fruits, sprouting from the seeds one has worked hard to implant, invest or have sown . Therefore, only haste, or immaturity in management could bring about problems,such as, incapability, weakening, or argument. Being a 3, combined with Pentacles (Spirit, Fire, Air ,Water, Earth) the 3 of Pentacles brings about a powerful expansive outcome where perseverance is repaid. In other words by giving your whole self to the Job-the Works- you will reap a just reward.
When the 3 of Disks/Pentacles is thrown, the querent is or will be experiencing:
- Paid employment, in the next three weeks or 3 months.
- Successful business transactions from working and constructive force.
- Building up, erecting, and realization and increase of material things.
- Cleverness, in business that entertains a certain selfishness as they are keen in the matter of gain.
- A time of inventing, engineering and creating where all things material is moving together within 3 weeks or 3 months.
- Communal work, where working together brings about success.
- If the 3 of Disks is surrounded by Trump (Major Arcana), the querent is on the Spiritual journey of the Great Work, and is accomplishing the Task of Remembering the "As above", thus manifesting it "so below".
- When thrown this card declares that in the next 3 weeks or 3 months is the best time to get clear on your priorities, commitments and to determine what you are willing to give "the works" to. It is also the best time to reassess or clarify your relationships with Capricorn people (December 21- January 21).
- This is a time where clarity seems to come out of nowhere allowing you to see clearly priorities and commitments that you wish to tenaciously stick to making them solid and stable in your life.
- Manifestation through work.
- Building up.
- Obligating self.
As in all cards, the definition is modified by dignity. If ill dignified by the accompanying cards, the Three of Disks/Pentacles:
- Represents narrow and prejudiced thought and sometimes the seeking of the impossible.
- Senseless fervor.
- Without direction
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your prosperity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.