Thoth- 2 of Disks-Change
Santa Muerte- 2 of Pentacles
The Four 2's and the 2nd Sephiroth Chokmah-Wisdom.
The Thoth 2 of Disks and the Santa Muerte card both represent the Harmony of Change. Now this may seem irrational to the survival mind, who thinks that security is constant control of situations and keeping change at bay. In such a subconscious stability is more important than change to the animal-body. But that is again the illusion of fear based thought. It is easy to fool the subconscious; for instance, we are told to think that carbon in a crystalline stasis, is the most valuable or one of the most valuable forms to be. We know this valuable state of carbon as a diamond. Funny thing about diamonds...They don't live! As evolutionary forms of life, diamonds fail to live and have no value to life whatsoever. Carbon atoms are the foundation of all living things on earth because they are the most adaptable of atoms, that is why they are often called the "Scarlet Woman", a reference to a Harlot! Carbon is the most adaptable/flexible of all atoms, and will usually mate with any other atom. Hence, since carbon atoms come only from red suns, and will mate with most any other atom, they are the Universal Harlot atom. Therefore, what is most valuable to Life (Spirit) is living carbon atoms made of bio-protons that are malleable enough to change by the mechanism of the union of opposites; a mechanism that requires communication and/or communion! What the subconscious often doesn't wish to understand is that to make the motion of life changeless is impossible---for even in the state of absolute control, life will always be the exception to the rule of stability. This is easily seen by understanding entropy and/or the second law of thermodynamics which states "... All things proceed from order to disorder." From Chaos energy returns to Chaos, which is the universal mechanism of change! Change is often called the Universal Constant.
The Serpent in the form of a figure eight, is the Ancient sign of infinity (Oroboros--the serpent that eats its own tail) because of the knowledge that Life eats itself to stay alive. Order is eaten by Chaos which causes a reordering of energy which is a flowing transformation that in the world of atoms, keeps some carbon atoms from forming into diamonds!
As a Spiritual Being of Energy conscious, I find this constant change very useful in developing intelligence (Create--see entropy and correct it) as well as the foundation of evolutionary being, i.e., adaptability! Most of us know the Yin Yang symbol of Taoist origin, and it is shown in both loops of the figure eight. The yellow color is the masculine Force (electric) and the darker colors are the feminine form which is magnetic force. In the Qaballah the union of Force and Form is the foundation of all being.
Now astrologically, this card is Jupiter in Capricorn. The benevolent Planet Jupiter is not well placed in Capricorn meaning that Jupiter's good influence can only be exerted as an organizer. The Feminine Creative or the Ocean of Magnetic Force (Binah) and Masculine currents of electric force (Chokma) are being organized into living forms on/in the Material of Malkuth---which is the10th Sephiroth on the Tree of Life. Qabalists know Kether to be the 1st Sephira, and many have thought that this is the first manifestation of conscious energy. Yet Kether is the "limitless light", and has no end or beginning, which allows no viewing. Kether is the "Dark Sun" as it can't be seen, and is the least understood concept of the Tree of Life sigil. Thus the First idea of manifestation falls to the 2's, which represent Chokma (Wisdom) which is a Hebrew feminine noun.Therefore Chokmah is often compared to the Greek Goddess of Wisdom-Sophia. Elements may be essences in Kether, but only upon reaching the Deuces are they in appearance as a combination of opposite ideas.
- The 2's represent the Elements uncontaminated by influence; hence they appear in their original harmonious condition. For instance, the 2 of Wands is called Dominion and/ or Lord of Dominion because the word Lord implies Husbandry (Guardian of Her Property) in its original Feudal meaning.The 2 of Wands is the Fire Element in its purest form and is the "movement within all motion".
- The 2 of cups, often called The Lord of Love and is the Purest Form of Water (fluid-like energy flow), i.e. emotional consciousness.
- The 2 of Swords has been called the Lord of Peace or Peace. We know that swords represent "mind" but since there is no conflict to make peaceful at this stage of manifestation, it requires a lot of thought to understand this card. It is a State of I Am paradox of Will, within one self. This can be a real brain teaser simply because it is the Negative form of a Positive idea.... it’s as if it is the negative electrons attracting positive electrons to make a form manifest. Like I said, a lot of thinking is necessary here, as the general proposition states that the sum of the one energy is zero, so that the Positive manifestation "isn't" real, it is reality while the Real is infinite zero. Thus the phrase, "The other side of the Mirror" is the Real side. Or we can say, that the image in the reflected side of the mirror is subject to the self-conception presentation from the invisible side of the mirror. Or as Crowley stated: 0=2.
- The 2 of Disks is representative of Change, and/or Lord of Harmonious Change which is what Union produces. Union produces harmonious change simply because energy seeks its own level and when two come together as one, they balance each other and this works for two states of energy self- conscious as well. This union is shown in many ancient symbols, as the Greek Lemiscate, the Chinese Yin Yang symbol, and the Egyptian Ankh, to name a few.
By understanding the well-known axiom of Gnosis/Tarot and Western Magic, is "As above so below". From this we axiom see that once having gotten to the bottom one comes out again at the top. This is a type of Mobius loop, or lemniscuses (Greek for-ribbon) which is the serpentine figure-eight magus symbol for infinity; "One who is Two", clamping down on its own tail and twisting upon itself in order to examine itself. Therefore, the 2's may be considered the A-sexual "fetuses" of the Seed-Aces but this concept doesn't seem to make understanding these "Higher States" of conscious energy any easier. All the 2's suggest that when the Negative sees itself as a Positive, and then awareness unites with that Positive, and we get a "Self Image". This may help you with the Mythological concepts of the Goddess who in Virgin birth, has a son (male is considered Positive Electron and female is considered Negative Electron) and then mates with that son to produce the Universe. If you get this all tangled up with your indoctrinated-emotional concepts of sexuality-----you'll never understand the Energy Conscious concepts of the 2's. However, I love to tease the brain, so here is another concept of the 2s: "From herself, she created him, and then mated with him so she could become her." Don't you just love that one! Anyway, before you become 2 confused, let's say that the Soul-0- becomes 2 when it manifests a physical form. One side must be the opposite "sex" of the other side of the reflected light manifestations of Earth. Therefore, if the body is male, the Soul assumes the Feminine (the Divine Anima all men seek) and if the body is of the female sex, the Soul assumes the masculine side of energy (The Divine Animus, all women seek). That is one reason that finding a "soulmate" is so difficult, as the opposite sexual partner is a "perfect idea and image" in our Unconscious/Psyche, and there are no "perfect ideas or images" on Earth. So try to give each other a break here.
On the inner level, this card implies a deep understanding, that all things have 2 sides. Therefore, this card shows up in the reading when it is time to free ourselves from one-sidedness and begin exploring the other side/aspect necessary for the play of the powers. Holistic experience requires us to expand our vision to recognizing that day and night (male-female) are 2 necessary poles of One unity (0=2).
Professionally, the 2 of Disks implies that changes come on their own. For there is only one energy, that can't be created nor destroyed, only transformed (1st law of thermodynamics). Therefore, if a person does not cling to what is supposedly "proven" or at least familiar, they will find this experience of change, enriching and/or at least in hindsight, understand the gain that change has brought them.
Energetically, the serpent shaped 8 of the Thoth 2 of Disks, depicts the eternal alternation of opposites and thereby a condition of constant fluctuation and change. Here, the undivided elemental force of the Ace, has been polarized into 2. Yin- Yang, He- She, positive- negative. I-Am, etc.
santa muerte tarot- 2 of pentacles
The Advice of the Dead: Moderate spending and acquisitions for the moment and await a more favorable and clear moment to act.
The Santa Muerte-2 of Pentacles, depicts 2 aspects of the same thing, that once united will fly, but not until a great change has occurred. This transformation may be full of obstacles and worries, if one does not accept change. Hence, this is not the time to conclude a project or situation which is currently on hold, such as a contract or financial project. Doing so can result in argument or problems.
When the 2 of Disks/Pentacles card is thrown for an individual during a reading, it means:
- A transformation in the physical world is upon them in 2 weeks or 2 months’ time.
- This is Cause and Effect and/ or the Law of Attraction, where what we think of the emotional- most is formed in the atoms around us as a living observation and/or life style.
- In Physics, it is known that observation changes the observed and most of us know that by observing a thought through the powerful emotions (energy-in-motion) of love or fear will charge that thought into manifested action from benevolent, on one hand, or malevolent on the other. Perspective is everything to a Conscious Energy---which we all know as Spirit. Life is but a perspective/projection of Self-Awareness!
- The ability to juggle or balance more than one project at a time and or 2 or more situations at one time.
- When the mental aspects attributed to Female (unconscious) and the Male (consciousness), in all of us is balanced, we know Life as Playful Creativity and enjoy the challenges of entropy. Where as if they are at odds, life becomes a serious struggle where chaos eventually wins.
- That it is better to allow chaos and then reorder it in a new way to be, knowing full well that you can and always have done so as Spirit.
- Know Thyself! You are originally Spirit; a powerful Observer known as I AM! From Non- being, you have always created being as an understanding of Self and/or information is transformed into in-form-action! This is your inheritance, from Chokma and Binah.
- The state of self-reevaluation is Transformation.
- Flexibility as the positive side of change.
If ill defined by the surrounding cards:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.