Thoth-Queen of Cups
Santa Muerte-Queen of Cups
The 3rd Sephiroth-Binah and the Queen of Cups:
The Great Mother Intelligence is Binah, the 3rd Sphere/Sephiroth-Understanding- on the Tree of Life. According to the Western Qabalistic Master-Dr. Paul Foster Case, She is the Sanctifying Intelligence and in the Queen of Cups, Binah is represented as the Queen of the Thrones of the Waters; Water being the flowing Unconsciousness of the Universe; known as Imagination/Emotion/Intuition. Also, if you are into the Elemental-Magic Mysteries, The Queen of Cups is the Queen of the Undines and Nymphs. Astrologically, the Queen of Cups is in the last Decan of Gemini and the first two Decans of Cancer.
Thoth-queen of cups
The Queen of cups is Specific Water in the Realm of Primal Water. Here the "Will to Form" of Binah is "reflecting on consciousness", i.e. imagination. Crowley's card shows this reflective nature in an abstract way. Here The Queen is enthroned on still Water, her image is of purity and beauty and is robed in veils of pure light. Often, the Truth of her is not seen by the observer, who can only see themselves in reflection.
- In her hand is a shell like cup with a crayfish climbing out of it, a symbol relating to the Moon and its reflective qualities. Truth being, one of the characteristics of this card is that like water (emotions), the flow changes according to the influences around it.
- Shown on this card is also an Ibis in abstraction, Here, we see the influence of Thoth-Hermes, as the Ibis is a traditional Egyptian symbol of this Moon God. Hence again the Male and Female influences are shown to be never separate.
The 2nd Sephiroth-Chokmah-Wisdom, is often represented as the Ancient Greek-*Python, the First Husband, or as a snake or Serpentine Force. In Mythology, the Ibis eats the eggs of the Snake, which relates to her "consuming the seeds of ideas" from Chokmah who is represented as Wisdom. However, the Ibis also consumes the corpses of the dead. This may seem contradictory, but the corpses of the dead are "Conscious seeds", personalities recycled so that data is consumed and recycled in the Universal Unconscious. Thus we have reference to the Great Sea of Binah (Universal Unconscious) from which life flows out, and also flows back into. Here also the Moon and the cycle of tides add to the image.
*Python, in Greek mythology, a huge serpent that was killed by the god Apollo at Delphi either because it would not let him found his oracle, being accustomed itself to giving oracles, or because it had persecuted Apollo’s mother, Leto, during her pregnancy. In the earliest account, the Homeric Hymn to Apollo, the serpent is nameless and female, but later it is male, as in Euripides’ Iphigenia Among the Taurians, and named Python (found first in the account of the 4th-century-BC historian Ephorus; Pytho was the old name for Delphi). Python was traditionally the child of Gaea (Earth) who had an oracle at Delphi before Apollo came. The Pythian Games held at Delphi were supposed to have been instituted by Apollo to celebrate his victory over Python.
The Lotus is the Eastern Rose, and is the sacred flower related to Great Mother Isis, an Egyptian form of Binah. Rather than through the touch of her hand, as the Queen of Wands is shown controlling the Leopard, The Queen of Cups uses the intermediary of the Lotus (Womb) to cause the Ibis (Thoth) to its work. The Tranquil waters, on which the Lotus float, are the means of force transmission.
The key characteristics to The Queen of cups personality, are dreaminess, illusion and tranquility. As is Water the perfect agent and patient solvent, the Queen of Cups, is able to receive and transmit everything without affecting herself in so doing.
If the Queen of Cups is caused to be ill dignified by the accompanying cards in a reading, then everything is refracted and distorted, as she is directly affected by surrounding influences. Therefore, people affected by her sign (see above wheel), feel themselves strongly drawn to everything mystical/occult and sense an almost unquenchable longing for merging and becoming one with the other. The caveat here, is that there is a danger of becoming lost in unfulfilled ideals. One partner or the other will always suffer because of superhuman expectations.
When it comes to profession, the Queen of Cups implies that we are now in a of quiet, wait-and -see phase in which we introspectively listen to the inner self in order to receive clarity about our further wishes and plans. Here one could also be advised to let their mediality become their profession in areas of esoteric, the occult, reiki, and/or helping and healing.
santa muerte tarot-queen of cups
Advice of the Dead: You can completely trust your intuition or that of the female figure who is near to you and who you believe to be reputable.
The Santa Muerte Tarot- Queen of Cups, depicts a female figure of Santa Muerte as a maternal and intuitive person of Central American origin, who only in certain situations will she turn into an attractive and dangerous woman. With her sacred heart in her hands, she exudes the favorable energy of the suit of cups which is part generous in feelings, capable of spreading affection, and spontaneity.
When the Queen of Cups is thrown during a reading:
- The querent is showing issues surrounding motherhood
- Suggesting emotional empowerment, as the querent is able to express feelings honestly, blamelessly and without judgment.
- Implies too much imagination about issues and not enough action taken to solve them.
- Emotional and Intuitive abilities that show highly evolved interpersonal interactions and psychic abilities.
- Implies the querent is extremely empathetic and thus must watch out for moodiness and fluctuating feelings.
- Suggests that one inspires from within and could be a time of deep inner musings, thoughts focused within where the mind is engulfed in Imagination.
- That a mature woman of deep sexual and fertility powers, where everything in her life is related to nourishment, sexual exchange, passionate giving and receiving maybe involved in the life of the querent or is the querent.
- Motherhood, or new ideas formulating for a creative line of work.
- An ethereal person of the highest ideals imagined...sometimes unattainably high in the physical world of constant change.
- Wisdom and virtue, can denote a perfect spouse and a good mother.
If ill defined by surrounding cards:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.