The Witches Tarot- Seven of Cups, depicts a mature Wizard, gesticulation in the air towards the viewer, as if asking one to choose one of the seven cups he has conjured up and that are floating in the air behind him. He is dressed in blue, and the silver of the cups is the "Moon mental", both implying the element of water. Here the choices are all equally wonderful, yet each represents something different.
- One cup holds a tiny red dragon.
- The topmost cup has a black kitten.
- The third cup on the right holds within a Castle.
- The fourth cup has a rainbow.
- A fifth cups holds jewels and gold coins.
- The sixth cup has a tiny mermaid within it.
- The seventh and final cup, has a Monarch butterfly within.
This is the card of precognitive dreams, symbols and signs. Make a choice.
If you picked:
- The red dragon, the powerful transformational force of Fire. What sort of passion and power can you manifest in your world?
- The black kitten, allows you to find your familiar by working more closely with the animal kingdom.
- The fairy tale castle, in the third cup, offers you the chance of security, stability, comfort and the magic of hearth and home.
- The fourth cup with its rainbow, implies it is time to work on your communication skills and to see what messages await you on Iris's magical rainbow on the Temperance card.
- The fifth cup, full of gold coins and jewels, invites you to dig in and work earth magics by focusing on crystals, stones and minerals
- The sixth, cup with the tiny mermaid, invites you to enter deeply into the element of Water by embracing your psychic gifts, and emotions. See where they take you.
- The Monarch butterfly, seventh cup, beckons you towards the element of Air by sharpening your intellect, honing your instincts, and paying attention to your intuition.
Therefore, when this Witches Tarot Card is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- That many wonderful choices or options are before you.
- Choose one of these cups and their lessons for yourself.
If reversed: Don't be fooled into making a decision for another; they will come to resent you for it.
The Thoth 7 of Cups-Debauch, may seem such a large step into the negative after the 6 of Cups-Pleasure. However, both are astrologically Scorpio, but instead of Scorpio exalted in the Sun as in the 6, the 7 of Cups places Scorpio with the planet Venus and Venus is ill dignified in the sign.
Venus is the planet of Copper, she is all “external splendor and internal corruption", such superficiality in a martial and watery sign as Scorpio destroys any altruistic tenancies, turning the amiability of Venus into a grosser sensuality. Thus in the 7 of Cups, the influence of Venus is violent, and becomes intense physical passion which unless gratified, will become hatred. This passion is so unbalanced that even when such intense physical passion is reciprocated, it will be stormy to the extreme. It may also end in tragedies and treacheries as number 7 also refers to the 7th Sephiroth-Netzach (Victory) and is the number of the Goddess (Water), Venus who is the traditional Goddess of Love; redoubling the influence of the number 7. As most of us know by experience, when loving desire goes into physical overload, excessive passion becomes dangerous excess, from which some never recover.
Such extreme violence of feelings, may also end in poor health, since no matter the physical strength of the person, the emotional strength of greedy desires is even stronger and may eventually lead to dangerous excess. Therefore, Debauch is an appropriate title for the 7 of Cups.
In the homo sapiens case, Passion must belong to the Higher States of Conscious, the Hu Man ||Soul, rather than physical body; as is explained by the very word Human. The word Hu (Mandarin for god) and man comes from the Hindu Manas-meaning Mind. Hence, human, means God-Mind i.e. the Solar Psyche of the Sun/Son that we call our Soul. The High Vibrational Desires of The Divine Creative, burn away the lowly desires of the animal body's survival thinking. This momentary expansion of mundane senses beyond the body is temporary unless the flesh is trained by the Will of the Soul, in the tempering heat of Qabalistic, Tantric, or Gnostic rituals. The Passion that Created a Universe of Self-Awareness, is a lust of vigor that is often too much intensity for the self-absorbed brain, whose universe is all about "my feelings"! For in the homo sapiens, opinions (feelings) are more important than facts. Whereas, form is what information takes, in this Universe.
To carry forth this idea of excess, the Thoth Deck 7 of Cups displays poisoned lotuses that have become tiger lilies. The cups are iridescent, (dissolving in the indolence), and are arranged into two descending triangles, interlaced with the larger lower cup-showing a greater lower influence on the emotions, as it floats in a slime covered morass of putrefaction.
The Thoth 7 of Cups, is almost an "evil reverse" image of the 6 in the reflective world of matter; Zealotry, fanaticism are such evils.
The 7 of Cups, is a wholesome reminder of the fatal ease with which a Sacrament, such as the "Flesh", may be profaned and prostituted simply by losing one’s balance with Kether (Higher Mind), and straying ever so slightly from the middle pillar (Balance of Masculine and Feminine), thereby making the holiest mysteries of Nature become the obscene and shameful secrets of a guilt ridden consciousness. Netzach, is that green Sephiroth on the lower illustrated Tree of Life.
Green is the color attributed to Venus, the planet of Netzach. Love, feelings and instinct, the Group Mind, Nature, and the Arts, all radiate from this Sephiroth.
The Symbols for Netzach are:
- The Girdle,
- The Rose
- The Lamp.
Netzach is the first Sephiroth of the astral triangle and is the first energy intelligence to make up the personality of the individual.
You may remember that I stated that the Personality is made up of the Four Alchemical Elements, each of which are represented by the lower Sephira, in the familiar sequence of Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Netzach is Fire, Hod is Water, Yesod is Air and Malkuth is Earth.
Netzach is the lower form of the fiery Yod of Chokmah that is reflected from Geburah through Tiphareth. This is the formula for Yod Heh Vau Heh, Malkuth being the final Heh, because of the "fall" which is really a condensing or "downsizing" of self.
In Netzach, normal waking consciousness of the student, must deal with the Astral Triangle and the component parts of the Personality, after all, we are not of the Personality, it is of Our Spiritual Nature to create a persona, so we can see ourselves! Personalities are software programs that are created to operate Hardware as a Self of Psyche, and are supplanted in the brain to manipulate the physical body in the Name of that Psyche. However, if your personality was made for you out of the illusions, delusions, and ambitions of another "Authority", then you haven't a clue who is operating the body, as you don't know the code and language that went into making the software your body is operating from! Yet again the axiom of Qaballah: "Above all things, know thyself!" rings true!
The most important part of initiation is to observe the layers of garbage and/or lies, that your personality is constructed from by your reaction to society. Hence the trip back inward (up the Tree of Life) removing layer after layer of false you, until the real you is shining true. This "Garbage in" is called man-made persona and the "Garbage out" is the dysfunctional action of "seeking yourself" in the eyes of your peers, or of authority. You are already Spirit approved , you exist! And your Software for operating the Hardware, was already created by the Soul.
Often, Mystery schools use a set of Tattva exercises as a type of "controlled day dream" (guided meditations), intended to bring the student into direct contact with the subtle Elemental realms immediately underlying the material sphere of sensation. Often, Tarot brings those Elemental realms into sensual manifestation for my students, all of which is necessary to prepare the student for more advance techniques of skrying with Tarot Cards and therefore, remembering the powerful Psyche that they really are.
It should be understood, that the astral realm beginning with Netzach, is a fluidized, non-solid realm where everything begins in illusion/dream. It is the place, where our Formative consciousness can experiment with image, such as children role-playing, in order to comprehend in a later stage of growth, the actual manifestation of being "that". If done with controlled will, this is a boon to any creative endeavor on Earth; if taken as rote, all hell will break loose on earth!
The 7th Sephiroth, Netzach, is not a Master of your personality! Nor is anything that you contact in it! The Astrals of Netzach, are Your Malleable substance to create with, not be created by! Most " Medium-Channels" just channel astral persona's, and live in an illusion of devotional thought, not allowing them to see "holy' delusions.
Let me explain what few wish you to know: A god is a dominate Consciousness on its Plane of Dominion. Every one of the Ten Sephiroth, is a demi-god. therefore,you are composed of the United cooperation of these energy intelligences we call "gods", which contribute to the make up the One whole Universal Unconsciousness. So, you, are a Great Group of Ten demigods, who should be working as One Group Soul of your individual Tree of Life...A One God, the fact that you are not doing so, is because you've been mentally separated from the reality of your divinity! This was done by the manipulation of your imagination, (auto-suggestion) by "The few who wish to rule the many", in your "raising" ! The Astral domains are the beginning of formation, on earth And by giving you "nightmare" stories of how bad your natural body is our dominion of Spirit-Mind-Body, is separated by a fog of indoctrination and you forgot you have inherited dominion over all things! Hence, we wallow in a swamp of emotion, generated by fear of being ourselves!
We all must return consciously to the dream of Self and clean up our software/swamp of past emotions. Drain that swamp, and stand on the dry, firm land of our inner Sun/Son!
When we are dealing with Netzach, we are dealing with understanding a particularly difficult State of energy conscious. Netzach is where both the Macrocosm and Microcosm meet. Thus we are dealing with the understanding of the entire race patterns of human kind, and patterns of individual persona. But if that isn't enough, we must understand that this dichotomy is in itself an illusion!
When the Seven/7 of Cups- is thrown:
- The querent is being cautioned about the apparent Victory of Denial.
- There is a suggestion of deceit, promises unfulfilled, illusion, and error.
- Slight success may be experienced, a minor victory so to speak, but not enough energy to retain it.
- The querent may be experiencing drunkenness, wrath, vanity, lust and promiscuity or even violence against women; a violence which is not limited to the male sex.
- This card bespeaks of selfish dissipation.
- Deception in love and friendship.
- Let it be said, this is a card of passions run afoul because of too much fantasy and denial. The Survival mind of the Reptilian brain cannot be in charge of the body, when this intense spiritual Passion arrives in the body.... this is the Passion of the Big Bang...The Kundalini Force of our inner sun/soul. E-Motion is Will to Force, and that much force, all tied up in yesterday's, sucks one's personality down into the dark quick sand of malicious mopery. With head in sand, one cannot see today's wonderful offerings.