The Thoth Tarot- Queen of Swords & The Night Sun Tarot-Queen of Swords:
The Queen of Swords represents: Mastery of Objective Thinking and Clarity of Intellectual Thinking.
The lavishly illustrated Thoth card represents The Greek Goddess/Intelligence that is Athena or if Hindu, The Goddess Kali. With sword in one hand and head or mask in the other, the Queen of Swords shows a remarkable resemblance to Kali-Ma, the fierce sword wielding, skull bedecked, Goddess of Life and Death of Hindu origins. This is an apt presentation since traditionally swords are called "the death suit".The Thoth Queen is sitting on a cloud, with sword and mask in hand, as she is the mask-cutter. She is the fair witnessing mind who removes all illusion and sees the Real that is masked by personal reality.
As a personality type, the Queen has cut through her own masks, roles, and defenses in order to retain her clarity and objectivity (The crystal crown). The child's head above the crown of clarity, symbolizes her child-like innocence and curiosity. The Queen of Swords represents the Liberated Mind with clear perception of idea; Water is Consciousness and Air is Mind. Therefore,
this Queenly personality is the counselor or consultant for others and also has the courage to seek counsel and consulting for herself when necessary.
The Tarot Queen of Swords card represents the mastery of objective which is the deepening of a centered rational mind; the quality of mind that demands objectivity, authenticity, and abandonment of pretense. The Observer within our consciousness which is detached from roles and assists us in reconnecting with our child like truth.
The Night Sun Tarot- Queen of Swords, has her back turned, examining her sharp sword, as if she is immune to and/or rejects nonsense, and will only accept the cutting edge of truth. The Triangular Alchemical sign for Air is in the Window above her winged throne; wings also implying the suit of Air. On the upper left of the card is the upside-down triangle representing water and the upper right sports the Air sign. The color yellow is also used to represent the element of air.
In the zodiac, the Queen of Swords rules from 21 degrees Virgo to 20 degrees Libra. The Queen of Swords is assigned, Water of Air, which is not only power of transmission but elastic as well.
The Night Sun Queen, has an interesting scarf of yellow/gold hanging down her back, all covered with magic symbols of the soul. This is appropriate for as a "death goddess", she is a pyschopomp (soul guide). Fabio Listrani, has given all his Court Rulers, a crown of thrones, illustrating the sacrifice of rule. A heart, in a cage, also illustrate the fact that their soul is "caged" by the responsibility of law and rule. Also in the upper center of this striking card, is the Hebrew letter Vau, meaning "nail": However, I think this is a mistake as it is much like the Hebrew letter Zayin or Zain-meaning Sword or Armour, which would make sense with the Suit of Swords.
It is the very head of mankind, the thinking center of words, definitions, and all concepts of division-ism made by mankind's identities of separation, that deceive us, removing us from What is Real. Rather than the Real Persona of the Soul with the silent perspectives of Spirit and that is born as a child of the Divine Creative we listen to the noisy boaster of the howling animal mind. All of us have a personality of indoctrination that perceives a cultural "reality" born of survival thinking, yelling out loud as if noise is power and thereby unable to "hear" our Inner Innocent. The "group soul " thoughts of cultures fill the astral/formative world of the Collective Unconscious and deceives us to thinking it is reality .
Since,The Astral realm -Yetzirah ( Netzach, Hod, Yesod), is the Formative World of Deception where all emotional thoughts begin formation. Here the "creations of the created" abide, products of emotional belief, such as gods, demons, devils, nightmares, and phantasms of fantasy. This falsehood must be trimmed off of all perception by the sharp sword of concise wit, wielded by our Soul whose "surgery" then protects our identity from the fantasy and illusion, making our way clear. When this "man-made mind of words" is removed, so is the "Tower of Babel" that is the structure of worded self identity, and/or "self-conscious" which is not real but merely a simulation and/or a mask that covers our true identity. We must remember that words are an individual description of a thing that is not "created by words", and often are attempted descriptions of items not created by any person. Since words are always subject to individual interpretation, as a mask, they blind us to what is real. Removing the mask of words, the True Conscious Psyche, that resides on the "other side of the Mirror", transmits knowledge not made by words; knowledge transmitted via intuition and imagination via image. Imagination, is the "Womb-with-a view", she uses Image (Mandalas/pictures/tarot) as her expression of understood-idea; She is the Divine Creatrix. This Image making Mind, is known as the 3rd Sephiroth of Binah-Understanding, on the Tree of Life. She is also the ruling intellectual aspect of the Queens and small card 3s.
As you can see, this Queen Card may seem a complicated card, not because of obfuscation but rather because of our inability to disconnect our identity from the trickster in our pleasure/pain indoctrinated brain and see the images for what they are. We honestly believe that words are knowledge and condemn or praise each other with definitions and/or titles! However, everyone or everything had to be "Defined into Definite Manifestation" before we could have ever seen it! Therefore, you already are Known into being, not a being who must be identified by those you meet. This may shock you, but the earth is not a court room, where you are judged by your "peers". Divine Creative Knowledge built you so it could work the material of earth into what is a "living" image of the Divine Creative! This gives intimacy to creation, as the Creative can now "taste, touch, smell, hear, and see it" in a personal way. This is what makes "Joy" possible. Therefore, through the trinity of I AM ME, the Divine Creative, of the Supernal Triangle-Trinity, can now "play with the Children" and/or enjoy Its own creation!
Those who believe that words create pleasure or pain, fail to understand that if they yell with all their force the word Grass, that identity of plant fails to grow on the floor; the floor and the realm of Plants fails to see any power in a word; for what we feel, is merely our own internal reaction to what we think the word means! But if one visualizes a lawn and then goes forth and plants the seeds, and fertilizes them, all of which are actions of power and/or the abilities of work, grass will grow whether one gives it definition or not; for grass by any other name is still a green leafy creation, that existed long before words...and was never created by mankind; Neither is your Real Persona, the Soul and/or Psyche of the Divine Creative ; The I AM.
Power is described as the "ability to do work", therefore it is not a belief system but rather an Active Dynamic of Creation. For us, who are Souls, we have constructed a ternary-mechanism for Work, the ability to create in harmonies of Light, our own self images and/or "concepts of self" out of the mechanism of Spirit-Mind-Body. Contrary to those who think a "sacred place" is outside the body, the body that we call homo sapiens, is a Power Tool of Spirit, that enables Our Energy Conscious/imagination to work ideas into manifestation (Transformations of the One Energy) in the Realm of Malkuth/Earth; our body is the Soul's "sacred place". To the Soul, personalities are "artificial intelligence" , messengers of the Soul, such as a Mercury, who is a messenger of the gods. A personality, is a simulation of intelligence, who proves identity by deeds/action, not by words. In the Real, we have been praised into manifestation as a clear concise idea of the Divine Creative's Self Image!
The principles of the Queen of Swords brings us to an understanding of how we are deceived by fear based thoughts and the definitions of words, while showing us how to transcend deception by Knowing Ourselves as we are Known to Her; The form-creating Divine Feminine and her golden child. Truth is in the manifestation of idea and not a reaction to it. The Reaction or an emotional "out-burst" to a word, is fear of idea which really translates to "fear of rejection or vulnerability".
To reiterate: Qabbalistically, the Queen of Swords represents the Watery part of Air. Air being the representing element of Mind and Water that also represents the element of "emotion" which are the "currents" that move within the whole Mind (Unconscious/conscious).
The Queen of Swords is attributed with the elasticity of this combination and the power of transmission that this Watery Air provides.
She rules the zodiac from the 21st degree of Virgo to the 20th degree of Libra. In the Thoth Deck Tarot, she is enthroned upon clouds (Watery-Air), topless and wearing a gleaming belt and sarong, symbolizing the Great Mother of Consciousness. Upon her helmet is the child head crest from which the sharp rays of light are emitted, illuminating her empire of celestial dew.[Celestial dew is the substance that radiates from the pineal gland when it is stimulated in a higher vibration by the Kundalini, that baptizes the brain, resurrecting the some of the many "sleeping chromosomes" that are not used in the mundane, human-being. This dew awakens chromosomes of Divya-Sidhis and/or "magic abilities"] . The Child crest symbolizes the Divine Child within us all---the Innocent One of Enlightenment before we are "dumbed down" by indoctrination..
In her right hand, the Queen of Swords holds a sword (the Sword of Geburah-Severity) and in her left hand the head of a bearded man. That bearded man is the Mask of Patriarchal Culture that we use to define ourselves, when in truth, we have already been Defined by the Divine as It's Children made of information baring Light. Hence, Enlightenment comes from realizing that no-further self-definition is needed as we've been Defined into Being already as I AM! All other definition is just masking our Truth and/or a story we tell ourselves. So here we can see that the Queen of Swords is the clear conscious perception of Idea, the Liberator and expander of the Mind.
The Queen of Swords represents the True Will (Will-To-Form) and has the power to cleave away the unnecessary gross to build the Pure Understood idea. To some this can be disastrous, for the Gross is all they believe in, knowing not their own Pure Self, they see Kali-Ma as a Fanged Hag with Severed Heads (symbolizing personality death). She is also sometimes depicted standing on the backs of copulating Lovers who die in her Sword thrust. The "little death" of orgasm is resplendent in this image, causing even greater fear of "male-female" union among the ignorant. However, to the knowledgeable, the union of male-female is the sacred act of communion that builds the Divine Creative who builds All. [Tantric studies are recommended for those who wish to Know]. The Lust To Be, is knowledge of the "Big Bang"---the Great Orgasm that has activated us all. To know the Dancing Goddess-God, Anima-Animus, is to Know Thyself! For you, the Me, gives the I AM, the ability to do work!
When that fear based weakness masking us is removed, we find that we are the Divine Power that has clear purpose and Great Will to Be!
The Archetypal personality of the Queen of Swords card represents
- Lucidity of perception.
- A keen observer (cutting edged), a subtle interpreter, an intense individualist, swift and accurate at recording ideas.
- Confident in action, with a gracious and just spirit.
- Being graceful in motion and extraordinary in balance, she will have exceptional dancing abilities.
- A very strong willed mature Woman who clearly knows what she wants and can bring about her ideas swiftly and without nonsense.
When personified, this Archetype Personality is usually:
- An older woman who has loved and lost but is undaunted.
- She is strong willed and determined with clarity of idea.
- A woman who can bear whatever life presents.
- She can be critical of emotional outbursts and knows that mental discipline is a necessary part of balance emotions.
- She is a master of equanimity and negativity.
- She knows words are necessary for communication of ideas, but not truth nor final judgment.
- The Querent is coming into a phase of realization.
- Realizing that reacting emotionally to worded thought is a trick that keeps us enslaved to the visions of others.
- Rather, she/he now understands (or soon will) that active participation in our own ideas, is why we have a body in the first place!
- Be full of Your Idea, and clear and sharp on your destination and then----Go For It! Do or die, is what life is. I would rather die doing what I enjoy than die as a slave to someone's definition.
- The counseling or consulting aspect that is witnessed when people ask for clarification or have the desire to get to the bottom of things.
- This is an aspect of mind that any decent Tarot Reader knows personally and for me, passionately. For I being a practicing Qabalist, and Tantric, I know Kali Ma,Kali Ema and Kali Uma as a union of the three stages of the female anima (Earth Feminine consciousness) Maid, Mother and Crone. Each one of these aspects of the Divine Feminine, demands the release of pretense and self-absorbed ego.
- Illusion must be stripped away from our eyes that are blinded by culture, indoctrination and thought organized for us by others.
- To be psychic is to be child- like in your observation, where everyone is another way to be you but not necessarily the way you are. Observation without judgment of right and wrong.
- She knows, and does not believe, as she sees belief as untried theory. In other-words, belief is pretense of knowledge and is not to be confused with faith which is Trust. Metal clarity, is a place many of us fear to go-----we fear we might not like what we see. You will be surprise when you become mentally clear, Truth built you so it could be you. Truth is made manifest as you, it is a dynamic presence, not a belief system. The concept of Kali/Athena may seem ruthless, but this state of mind is precisely merciful with out the pretense of "bowing to our weakness".
- If ill dignified She will be:
- A very dangerous person, of exceptional cruelty, slyness, and deceitfulness, all wrapped-up in a superficial beauty and attractiveness.
- This ill dignity would be because of her inability to support interference, so foresight, prudence, care in preparation of action (paying attention to details) will safeguard the individual from the negative side of this personality.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.