The Rider-Waite Page of Pentacles is the comparable card to the Thoth Princess of Disks, Since Waite held to his lodge oath not to "profane" the Ancient Mysteries by offering the western mysteries to the general public, he choose the medieval Page image for his card. This is a card of androgynous character and shows nothing of great occult import. His figure holds a Pentacle up, as if offering it to the Sun, while standing on fertile land. I suppose this depicts the Earth element (Pentacle) fertile in the Sun, as if it is Spring in full bloom. The page is dressed in the greens and browns of the earth element.
On the brink of transformation, the Thoth Princess of Disks represents the earthly part of Earth. Brooding in wonder, she is strong and beautiful while pregnant with the secret wonder of the future.
This lovely Priestess of Demeter, wears the crest of the Ram and in her right hand a scepter descending into the Earth, where its head becomes a diamond. To Qaballists, the Diamond is the Precious Stone of Kether (The Highest and purest Light) and symbolizes the Purest Light formed in Matter in the diamond form of "as above-so below".
As would Freya( Norse Grove Goddess), she stands in a grove of sacred trees, before an altar suggesting a wheat sheaf which is a symbol for Demeter. But she is not alone. Contrary to the sexism of modern sexual-division thought, she is never without he and he is never without she. Therefore She holds in Her left hand a disk which bears the Chinese ideogram denoting the twin spiral force of Goddess/God (The Divine Creative) in equilibrium, what we call the electromagnetic spectrum; from this is born the Rose of Isis (Rose-Mari), the Great Fertile Mother of the Nile delta. The modern Qabalist knows that She is Magnetic and He is Electric.
The characteristics of the Thoth Princess of Disks or the Page of Pentacles personality are more numerous than a mere blog or Tarot card hopes to enumerate for She is the Ultimate in Womanhood and has all the characteristics of the "Womb with a View", i.e. the Mother of all Forms. She contains all the characteristics of womb-man and it depends on the influences she is subject to whether "one or the other" of these traits manifest as action. However, this is not a scattering of emotional energy, rather whatever trait she acts on, it is pure and focused, and life changing. To the shallow (those afraid of their infinite depth), she is bewildering inconsistency. However, to the centered in Spirit, she is a Powerful Moment of Beauty. She is both nourishing and vitalizing.
We may see her as Persephone arising from the nether world of winter into the bright light of Spring, eating a pomegranate, symbolizing that from the deepest, darkest depths arises the Wisdom of "Womb-Rite", the Ancient authority over form; the resurrection and regeneration of the Living. The Pomegranate is her sacred fruit.
There really isn't any negative here, unless one finds her ability to "be purely in the moment" and her ability to conceive of new concepts too rapid and unsettling . Such a shallow one would be unable to see that stability is based purely on the circular "the movement of Moment" and not a linear line of addition. Thus is she serpentine in her motion. Thus she wears the rams spiral horns of Aries. The universe is Spirals upon Spirals, dimensions upon dimensions, union upon union and suffers no division. To enjoy her, you must dance with her, sky clad, in her sacred grove of Life.
When the Princess of Disks or the Page of Pentacles card shows up in a reading;
- It is best said that rebirth is apparent from past defeat, or that a new love is blooming in the querent's life.
- One is experiencing issues with motherhood and pregnancy.
- The brink of transformation of complete success and total balance.
- One maybe taking security risks and challenging what was once deemed safe in the past.
- Pure Elemental Earth Energy, where the personality may be seeking it's true name through prayer, meditation and fasting.
- Nimue, the nemesis and consort of Merlin of the Arthurian legends. A deity of the Druids from whom Merlin was purported to learn magic. This is the Lady of Rebirth and Renewal and to understand the Depth of the Ultimate Womb---is to meditate long and hard on this card, and to read the Goddess Myths with the eye (I) of the soul. In this world, where love is a profit sharing endeavor, it is hard for most of us to believe that "Love built Me to be Itself"----Love is Now and fears no future, but the truth is , "God (Creation) is Love" and we are the image of Love made manifest by the Womb of the Goddess aspect of the Divine Creative! It's Great to be You! In your uniqueness you are united with us all.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.