The Babylonian Tarot- 2 of Arrows-Peace Restored, depicts 2 Mesopotamian Monarchs shaking hands over a parity treaty. Sometimes, when one Monarch has beaten another in battle, the defeated Monarch is left on his throne as a feudal tenant . On the Babylonian Arrow cards, upward pointing arrows are a positive sign, so here is shown harmony and peace restored. The changeable nature of the Moon, however, can mean this is a fragile peace. Hence, the armed warriors behind the kings who are ready to go to war if the treaty is violated. The symbols for 2 is shown in cuneiform above the kings.The astrological meaning applied to the 2 of Arrows, is the Moon in Libra, implying, the need to bring about change in a harmonious, united and sociable way
The celestial attribution of the 2 of Swords, is the Moon in Libra; the Moon is change, but Nature is inherently peaceful which enhances the balancing nature of Libra.
Overall, one would think of the disruption of Chokma (# 2 Sephira- Wisdom) in the suit of Air (Swords); air being a suit born from the conflict of Water and Fire in marriage. Air/Swords is subject to change as no other suit, not only from the fire/water parentage but also when Earth appears the suit becomes crystallized.
In the Thoth Tarot the 2 of Swords, shows 2 Swords of equal strength, crossed; they are combine by a 5 petal blue rose. The Blue Rose represents the Gnostic Sophia, and the Qabalistic Chokma. Sophia represents The Great Mother of Wisdom ( Binah the Female consort of Chokma), whose harmonizing influence, plus that of Libra, compounds the latent antagonism of the Suit of Swords. The pinwheel shaped white rays, are in a geometrical pattern that emphasizes the harmonic equilibrium of the 2. Peace is about the best word to describe this harmonic. Shown here are two minds or 2 states of mind united in the wisdom of Sophia. Those 2 states are usually, the Unconscious and consciousness, united on one issue.
When the 2 of Swords and the 2 of Arrows is thrown:
- The querent will be or has been, experiencing peace after a quarrel that began two weeks, or two months ago.
- Peace is restored but some tension remains.
- There are two actions here, sometimes selfish and sometimes unselfish action because of the contradictory characteristics in the same nature (Moon in Libra, Fire and Water).
- There is Strength gained after suffering; sacrifice and trouble, yet strength arising from the effort.
- The querent may often show sorrow and sympathy for those in trouble and champion the weak and oppressed while also giving aid to them.
- There is an arrangement of differences that brings about justice and truth from untruth.
According to dignity of the accompanying cards, the 2 of Swords or 2 of Arrows, could also mean:
- One is lacking tact, often doing injury when meaning well. There is also an inclination to repeat pardoned affronts.
- All in all, the Two of Swords, is a balancing of two strong individual minds, who have found greater profit in agreement rather than in conflict.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.