The Witches Tarot-Two of Pentacles, illustrates the Traditional Tarot's use of Pentacles and a young juggler. With his eyes closed , this young juggler is confident in his ability to juggle the two golden pentacles. The motion of the Pentacles inscribes in the air a Lemniscate (Greek word for"ribbon") which is a symbol used in Western Magic and is often found on the Magus or Magician and Strength Tarot Cards. It illustrates that the equal balance of the Masculine Will to Force and The Feminine Will to Form, create all. With blue sky, fluffy clouds and a rolling sea, complete with sailing ship navigating the waves, we see a combination of environments. Therefore, the card suggests that no matter the situation, one can easily navigate it.
When the Witches Tarot-Two of Pentacles is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- It is time to develop new skills.
- You are adept at juggling several things at once, with enjoyment and ease. A good multi-tasker.
- You possibly have a choice to make about two material things.
The Upper Supernal Triangle can be compared to the Garden of Eden from here, the male and female polarities of energy balance against each other, evolving into increasing density as they develop towards the lowest Sephira, Malkuth, on the Tree of Life.
In Qabalistic Gematria, the number 2 symbolizes the union and balance of opposites that underlies all material existence. Because this equilibrium of opposites begins in Chokmah, it is called the Sephira of” Perfect Harmony”. While Kether is that which the “Root” of impetus is: Chokmah is the impetus for all manifestation. The Harmonic Union of opposites supplies that action.
Binah is Saturn, and Chokmah is the sphere of the Zodiac.
Ultimately Kether, the Eheieh (Hebrew for "I Will Be"), is Androgynous. Chokmah is the idea of Maleness (Electric/will to force) and Binah is the idea of Femaleness (Magnetic/will to form), and the mating of the Two "wills the Electromagnetic Spectrum" into being .
The Thoth Tarot - 2 if Disks, card represents the Harmony of Change. Now this may seem irrational to the survival mind, who thinks that security is constant control of situations; stability in environment is more important than change to the animal. But that is again the illusion of image. We are told to think that carbon in a crystalline stasis, is the most valuable or one of the most valuable forms to be. We know this valuable state of carbon as a diamond. Funny thing about diamonds...They don't live! As evolutionary forms of life, diamonds fail to live and carbon atoms are the foundation of all living things on earth because they are the most adaptable of atoms! What is most valuable to Life (Spirit) is living carbon atoms made of bio-protons that are malleable enough to change by the mechanism of the union of opposites; a mechanism that requires communication! To make the motion of life changeless is impossible---for in the state of control, life will always be the exception to the rule of stability. This is easily seen by understanding entropy and/or the second law of thermodynamics which states "... All things proceed from order to disorder." Chaos, is the universal mechanism of change as order will not transform volentarily!
The Serpent in the form of a figure eight, is the Ancient sign of infinity and derived from the even older sigil of Oroboros--the serpent that eats its own tail). Because of the knowledge that Life eats itself to stay alive. Order is eaten by Chaos which causes a reordering of energy which is a flowing transformation that in the world of atoms, keeps some carbon atoms from forming into diamonds!
As a Spiritual Being of Energy conscious, I find this constant change very useful in developing intelligence (Create--see entropy and correct it) as well as the foundation of evolutionary being, i.e., adaptability! Most of us know the Yin Yang symbol of Taoist origin, and it is shown in both loops of the figure eight. The yellow color is the masculine Force (electric) and the darker colors are the feminine form which is magnetic force. In the Qaballah the union of Force and Form is the foundation of all being.
Now astrologically, this card is Jupiter in Capricorn. The benevolent Planet Jupiter is not well placed in Capricorn meaning that Jupiter's good influence can only be exerted as an organizer. The Feminine Creative or the Ocean of Magnetic Force (Binah) and Masculine currents of electric force (Chokma) are being organized into living forms on/in the Material of Malkuth---which is the 10th Sephiroth on the Tree of Life. Qabalists know Kether to be the 1st Sephira, and many have thought that this is the first manifestation of conscious energy. Yet Kether is the "limitless light", and has no end or beginning, which allows no viewing. To further illustrate this, Kether is the "Dark Sun" as it can't be seen, and is the least understood concept of the Tree of Life sigil and it is called in Hebrew "Eheieh" which means "I Will Be", which means that being isn't yet conceived. Thus the First idea of manifestation falls to the 2's, which represent Chokma (Wisdom) which is a Hebrew feminine noun for the Greek Goddess Sophia. Elements may be essences in Kether, but only upon reaching the Deuces are they in appearance as ideas. Therefore, the 2's represent the Elements uncontaminated by influence, hence they appear in their original harmonious condition. For instance:
- The 2 of Wands is called Dominion and/ or Lord of Dominion because the word Lord implies Husbandry in its original Feudal meaning. The 2 of Wands is the Fire Element in its purest form and is the "movement within all motion".
- The 2 of cups, often called The Lord of Love and is the Purest Form of Water (fluid-like energy flow), i.e. consciousness.
- The 2 of Swords has been called the Lord of Peace or Peace. We know that swords represent "mind" but there is no conflict to make peaceful at this stage of manifestation.
- It requires a lot of thought to understand the 2 of Disks card. It is a State of I with the Am paradox of imaging self, within one self. This can be a real brain teaser simply because it is the Negative form of a Positive idea....it's as if it is the negative electrons attracting positive electrons to make a form manifest. Like I said, a lot of thinking is necessary here, as the general proposition states that the sum of the one energy is zero, so that the Positive manifestation "isn't" real, it is reality while the Real is infinite zero. Thus the phrase, "The other side of the Mirror" is the Real side. Or we can say, that the image in the reflected side of the mirror is subject to the self-conception presentation of "will to form", from the invisible side of the mirror.
The 2 of Disks is representative of Change, and/or Lord of Harmonious Change which is what Union produces. Union produces harmonious change simply because energy seeks its own level and when two come together as one, they balance each other and this works for two states of energy conscious as well. Also, Earth is the Throne of Spirit, as the Princesses are related to Earth and since the well-known axiom of Qabalah is "As above so below", we see that once having gotten to the bottom one comes out again at the top. This is a type of Mobius loop, or lemniscuses (Greek for-ribbon) which is the serpentine figure-eight Magus symbol for infinity; "One who is Two", clamping down on its own tail.
The 2's may be considered the A-sexual "fetuses" of the Seed-Aces but this concept doesn't seem to make understanding these "Higher States" of conscious energy any easier. All the 2's suggest that when the Negative sees itself as a Positive, and then unites with that Positive, we get a "Self Image". This may help you with the Mythological concepts of the Goddess who in Virgin birth, has a son (male is considered Positive Electron and female is considered Negative Electron) and then mates with that son to produce the Universe. If you get this all tangled up with your indoctrinated-emotional concepts of sexuality-----you'll never understand the Energy Conscious concepts of the 2's. However, I love to tease the brain, so here is another concept of the 2's, "From herself, she created him, and then mated with him so she could become her." I just love that one!
When this card is thrown for an individual during a reading, it means:
- A transformation in the physical world is upon them in two weeks or two months’ time.
- This is Cause and Effect and/ or the Law of Attraction, where what we think of the most is formed in the atoms around us as a living observation and/or life style.
- In Physics, it is known that observation changes the observed and most of us know that by observing a thought through the powerful emotions (energy-in-motion) of love or fear will charge that thought into manifested action from benevolent on one hand or malevolent on the other. Perspective is everything to a Conscious Energy---which we all know as Spirit. Life is but a perspective of Self-Awareness!
- The ability to juggle or balance more than one project at a time and or two or more situations at once time.
- When the mental aspects attributed to Female (unconscious) and the Male (consciousness), in all of us is balanced, we know Life as Playful Creativity and enjoy the challenges of entropy. Where as if they are at odds, life becomes a serious struggle where chaos eventually wins.
- That it is better to allow chaos and then reorder it in a new way to be, knowing full well that you can and always have done so as Spirit. Know Thyself! You are originally Spirit; a powerful Observer known as Will-to-Be! From Non- being, you have always created being! This is your inheritance, from Chokma and Binah. "To be" which is never stasis and always re-observing itself! This state of self-reevaluation is Transformation.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.