The Running Press Tarot- Page of Swords, follows the old Tarot Tradition of an androgynous page figure rather than Crowley's images of Princesses. The image of a Princess, would have gotten one thrown in prison for heresy and even executed by the Inquisition during heavily misogynistic medieval times of Christianity's rule of Europe. Also the secret of the arcane Tetragrammaton is revealed in the Princess image, as the last Heh, of Yod Heh Vau Heh (YHVH). Tetragrammaton is Hebrew for "four letters".
The Page of Swords, is depicted as having a spade hilt on the sword. Playing cards are often used as tarot cards and Spades are the equivalent playing cards for the death suit of swords. The red mushroom with white spots is also called Amanita muscaria, a very poisonousness mushroom, and a perfect symbol for the "death suit" of swords. There is also a lightning strike on the right of this card, showing the anger of the gods, which is comparable to the Thoth description of this card.
THE PRINCESS OF SWORDS,
Represents the earthly part of Air. She is the fixation of the Volatile. She represents the influence of Heaven on Earth and brings about the materialization of idea.
There is some suggestion of the Valkyrie, in this card but she also represents Artemis and characteristics of Minerva. To some extent, she represents the anger of the gods, and wears a helm of serpent crest, that symbolizes the serpent-haired Medusa. The heavens and clouds whirl about angrily, while she is stabbing downward with her sword. In the back ground is a profaned altar, whose fire is gone out due to lack of attention which seems to anger this Valkyrie. With Her Sword of "volatile Mind" she cleaves away the dross, so the pure essence is seen as a materialization of Idea. Much like Michelangelo who was known for his perceptive chisel that cleaved away what was not the image he saw in the marble.
As the Princess of Swords and the Valkyrie, represent the influence of "Heaven on Earth", they represent the will of the gods. As stated, there is a representation of the "Anger of the gods" here, and she is helmed in a Medusa headdress which radiates the serpentine forces of microwave energy: the frequency of souls. She stands in front of a barren altar, as if to avenge its profanation (The Human Soul is the altar---the profanation is "indoctrination of culture"), as shown by her sword stabbing downward. All around her angry storms rage in the sky.
The Archetype personality of the Princess of Swords is of a stern and revengeful nature.
- She is firm, aggressive and wields destructive logic with great practical wisdom and subtlety in material things.
- Her natural cleverness and adroitness in managing controversial affairs makes her a master of settling controversies.
- She would be a good ambassador.
- People thus characterized, may seem slow mentally, crushed by every responsibility, especially when it comes to family affairs.
- We must remember that the Princesses represent the "Throne of Spirit", and that the Princess of Swords has the option of "blowing everything sky high"...she has that potency of mind.
If ill dignified, her qualities are dispersed, she becomes incoherent, and all her gifts form into an animal cleverness, a low cunning, that is unworthy of the means.
Such personalities appear to be "Children of Misfortune" which seems to be the most unhappy of people. However, their Soul knows what it is doing, and sharp chisels are needed to "cut away the dross" so that the real beauty can be revealed.
Again, the Character of this personality Archetype, is stern, and revengeful. Her logic is destructive, as she is both firm and aggressive. She also shows great practical wisdom in material things. Being adroit at controversy, when affairs are controversial in nature, she shows great cleverness and dexterity in the practical management of these affairs.
When the Page/Princess of Swords card is thrown during a reading,
· It may represent a young woman or young man with brown hair and blue eyes who shows great wisdom.
· Strength, acuteness, subtleness in material things.
· She or he is graceful and has great dexterity.
- One is fighting their moods.
If ill dignified,
· She or he is both frivolous and cunning.
· Often she becomes incoherent as all her talents tend to combine forming a species of low cunning. This produces a kind of mental slowness and her mind becomes the prey of constant anxiety, crushed by every kind of responsibility, especially in family affairs.
· She or he is either a mood fighter or defensive to the point of rash decisions.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.