The Druid Craft Tarot-Six of Wands and the Thoth Tarot- 6 of Wands-Victory, both share the same meaning of Victory through good leadership. Sitting astride his war charger, a Celtic Lord, with his Goshawk, leads his mean victorious from battle. We know them to be victorious, because of the scalps hanging from their spear shafts. Each showing his trophy, and smiling. Without a doubt this is a victorious war band. The Element of Fire, is assigned to this card, and is shown as the Lord's red cloak, and fiery colored clouds in the sky.
The Thoth Deck, 6 of Wands is subtitled-VICTORY. The Fire Element is the ruling element of the suit of Wands. Fire is ardor, as only Spirit can be.
Tiphareth, the 6th Sephiroth, Victory and the 6 of Wands:
The Key symbols relating to the 6th Sephiroth-Tiphareth, Beauty;
1) The Cube, which is based on 6, a form taken twice-over in the double cubed Altar of Malkuth.
2.) The Six-sided figure of the Truncated Pyramid (its top is cut off) that represents Adam Khadmon, the Ascended Man, and the six lower Sephiroth. Adam Khadmon is the ascended man or Archetypal Human, above him, completing the Pyramid are the Supernal, Kether, Chokmah and Binah.
3.) The Calvary cross, properly drawn as black, unequal armed, surrounded by a circle and mounted on three steps. This implies Wisdom through Sacrifice.
4.)The Rose cross and the Rose Cross Lamen, are the other powerful Tiphareth symbols.
THE 6'S, represent definite accomplishment and carrying out of a matter.
In Yetzirah, the world of quarreling and strife, strife brings success. While, in Assiah, the world of business, and commerce among men, this means material success.
The SIX OF WANDS, is the Lord of Victory. Here Jupiter is in Leo, and the Angels of the Decan are: Nelokhiel and Yeyayel.
In the 6 of Wands we have the benevolence of Jupiter in the Fiery Sign of Leo (Sun) which brings success and warm relationships. However, it is an aspect that suggest some drama and of victory after great effort.
This Crowley card, shows the Wands of the 3 Adepts (of Golden Dawn ritual) crossed in a perfect balance of power. As each Adept must go through initiations involving varying degrees of Strife, this card of Wands, suggests victory after strife.
It is to be noted, that the upright flames, lantern like at each crossing, are in a number of 9; the number of Yesod and the Moon. This shows the stabilization of the Energy, and its reception and reflection by the Feminine Magnetic Principle. There is no circle around it, because it is self-supporting like the Sun.
When the 6/ Six of Wands is thrown during a reading the Querent:
- Is assured of victory, but victory only comes after a struggle so, "fight the good fight" and you will win.
- There is implied a short lived victory with all blockages overcome but by trusting the Stability of the Higher Self, the Victory is long lasting.
- Confidence and belief in yourself are the necessary tools here and it looks like they have been achieved with some major breakthrough in insight and creativity happening in the next 6 days or weeks.
- The querent is showing secure knowledge of self-identity and displays self confidence in leadership abilities.
- There is in the querent a purposeful sense of direction and the ability to achieve their goals.