Thoth -9 of Disks-Gain
Lord of material gain.
This card represents gain on all levels that are physical and that influence the physical; emotional gain, spiritual gain, mental gain and physical gain.
Oh happy day , the 9 of Disks suggests hitting the mark; a bull’s eye card, that shows you are financially right on the mark because your heart mind and soul are in union. In other words, you are passionately focused and have enabled gain on all levels of performance. Here is a card that says "I'd rather be lucky than good". For it is smothered in good luck as Crowley so states: "This card is ruled by Venus in Virgo. It shows good luck attending affairs , favor and popularity...the mingling of good luck and management". [Book of Thoth, Pg. 216]
As Crowley stated, astrologically, this is Venus in Virgo. Venus is beauty, love, and creative power while Virgo represents balance, order and organization. Together, the meaning is your heart and mind are in this passionately and beautifully (beauty is balanced symmetry). The results are gain on all levels. On this card the blue circle symbolizes wisdom linked with our loving nature, (the pink circle), in a creative way (which is the green circle). This card also shows us that by utilizing our dynamic creative male energy (shown as the top coins with the planetary signs of Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter) we shall experience such gain.
Saturn is the sign of the helmeted warrior who knows what his limits and boundaries are and paying attention to detail; the feathered cap symbol of Mars indicates that energy, vitality and assertion are a vital part of gain. Jupiter, the King, reminds us that flexibility, being open to opportunity that expands our leadership skills and good fortune that are also needed to experience gain. But this is only half of gain, to be complete we need the feminine power of Maid, Mother and Crone, which are represented by the lower three coins.
- The Maid is the youthful bare headed feminine figure that is the power of Venus and reminds us that to follow our heart.
- The coin with the Feminine figure that has a Queen's hat (Mother) is Mercury, and reminds us that communication skills and nurturing leadership skills are needed to experience gain.
- The feminine figure with the Crescent Moon headdress is the Wise Woman (Crone) who reminds us that we must be true to ourselves and to be authentic in our actions, for good fortune accompanies people who know themselves.
The Moon also symbolizes both the outer world and the inner world showing a balance of inner (heart) and physical action that will help us experience gain. The Thoth 9 of Disks (Pentacles in Golden Dawn and Ryder-Waite decks) is called, Lord of Material Gain, or Gain for short.
Angels of the Decan are: Hazayel and Aldiah.
This card is Yesod in Assiah and/or the influence of Yesod in the Material World. Yesod, meaning foundation, in the material world this influence is very favorable for amassing things, but with Venus in Virgo, there may at first be a lack of overt feelings accompanying this great efficiency; one could be stunned at their unexpected good fortune.
This efficient amassing of material things, is shown by the design complexity of Crowley's 9 of Disks. As he states in his book of Thoth, “The Disks are arranged as an equilateral triangle of three, apex upwards, close together; and surrounded at some distance by a ring, six larger disks in the form of a hexagram. This signifies the multiplication of the original established Word by the mingling of 'good luck and management'." Which says it all for this card. Go ahead, dance the jig when this one shows up, it is a good luck day!
Tarot Illuminati- 9 of Pentacles
The fullness of independence in gain.
The Tarot Illuminati-9 of Pentacles also concentrates on material gain. The card does somewhat keep to the traditional tarot design, albeit very elaborate in its depiction of wealth. The golden Pentacle/coins instead of growing on a bush, are the path this elegant royal lady strides on. The hunting falcon is still there on her arm, but this one isn't hooded and therefore, ready to hunt. This somewhat haughty image is exuding good fortune and gain and doesn't care who knows it. Even the ripened grapes are kept as on the traditional card, implying the ripening of fruit, as a natural event for those who set into motion all that is required to achieve a particular goal; taking all the necessary steps to insure the gain of their efforts.
Rider-Waite-Smith -9 of Pentacles.
The Tarot Illuminati card takes the traditional art of the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot and declares do not hide your accomplishments from the world nor give them away out of guilt. You've got nothing to feel guilty about "For good fortune helps those that help themselves". Revel in your accomplishments, enjoy them fully---you've earned them! As Will Smith said in song, "Get Jiggy with it!" For money can be spiritual if used to expand and liberate life and spreading health and well being in ones environment. What is used for good, is good.
When the 9 of Disks/Pentacles, is thrown during a reading it implies:
- Inheritance and/or material gain, sometimes within 9 weeks or 9 months or the querent is experiencing it now for those time periods.
- A certain amount of Integrity, skill and talent has produced material gain and a sense of accomplishment.
- This is a purely material gain card, where talent and skill has come together in either a beginning stage of material gain or a good flowing gain on into wealth.
- That within the next 9 weeks or 9 months there is physical gain shown by organizing things and following your heart.
- You are to be dynamically assertive (electric male force) and magnetically receptive (female force) which is following your heart and what has deep meaning to you.
- The Self made Person.
- Enjoying the fruits of your labors.
If ill defined by accompanying cards, it could mean:
- A lack of discipline in material projects.
- Empty plans.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.