The Dreams of Gaia Tarot-2 of Earth, is a twist on the more traditional Tarot's Juggler, such as the Rider-Waite-Smith card. However, the spiraling energy that forms infinity, is displayed in the decorations on the eggs that Gaia is juggling and the twist in the girdle and/or belt around the hips. The Lemnistrate-Greek for "ribbon", is the Western Magic's symbol for infinity and looks like a figure 8, laying on its side. In Montana, that would be called a "lazy 8".
The idea behind the 2 of Earth card, is the same as the Thoth and Traditional Tarot, as it symbolizes the importance of balance and equilibrium in a persons life. Change, being a universal constant also requires us to be flexible and adaptable in meeting one's commitments and responsibilities. Work, home, play and family, must be balanced in one's life and one must be willing to do what is needed in order to keep them balanced. Every one has hopes and dreams and many are filled with a sense of purpose and one must achieve them if they are to be excited about living. Hence, you must be confident and trusting of yourself. Virtue, and/or being true to yourself, is the key to maintaining a healthy equilibrium. In all of us, is the Creatrix of imagination and the Creator of rationale, these must be equalized in a marriage of One Self, instead of a dreamer at night and a stressed out slave during the day. We can have our cake and eat it to. Above all things, know thyself, is not just a worn out axiom, it is the foundation of all happiness, creativity and equilibrium.
None of us are superhuman and/or "perfect" as in, never making mistakes. Of a mater of course, mistakes are all part of creation. As is a common vernacular of this age it is said that, "Shit happens". Mistakes are also creation and if one takes the time to examine the mistake, they can fix it. Hence, Wisdom comes from correcting error. So take the time to examine what you are doing, and change it if error is seen. Sometimes it's okay to change direction, after all, wisdom is being created.
Know your motivations, and understand that "happiness" comes from excellence. Do it to the best of your ability, and you will feel the happiness of a job well done. Do the "inner you" (shown as the heart on the Gaia card) and you will understand that uniqueness which makes diversity so important. This isn't about "burning the candle at both ends", respect your body, mind and emotional health. Spirit-Mind-Body, is the entire you and imbalance between this Trinity of Self, will cause an imbalance and/or dis-ease mentally, emotionally, or physically. You as a personality are not alone. Let the Brain ask the Mind for help, and let the Mind ask Spirit for help. After all there are limits to form, and we must understand and forgive ourselves for having limits as they have a power of their own (The Power of Limitation). Besides, one should never be afraid to ask for assistance. Often cooperation is the only way to get things done. The Soul(Psyche or Mind) responds well to one who "stands and talks to it". So instead of lying on the floor, sobbing about how horrible the world is, stand up straight and tall, fearless in your limits, and know that we are worthy of need fulfillment and that the limits you see are not necessarily the limits you be.
Time limits the space I occupy, as a form, but the Spirit (shown as the all seeing eye on the Gaia card) is timeless, and therefore not limited to the body's space. It goes beyond the limits of education, or of career. That is why there are "garage inventors", who without a formal education can invent remarkable things, that later become taught knowledge for future academics. Those inventor's trusted their abilities to achieve their vision and used what they had to create it. For example, B. Gates and S.Jobs to name a couple of modern "garage inventors".
Intuition is from our Soul, and it is the true Psyche, not one "taught" to you, for that is your man-made identity and not worthy of your truth. Before you were "educated" you were the Mind. All is Mind, and its "imaginings" and/or images. Now there is nothing wrong in education; However, it isn't your limits. You can achieve your goals, but you must be flexible for change is a Universal constant, and as if driving a car, adjustment is necessary to stay on the road. That adjustment can only be done if we keep our hands on the steering wheel, our eyes on the road, our foot on the gas, and one foot ready for the brake. Hence, a certain amount of flexibility is necessary in driving a car, let alone in driving a life. Relax, take your time, to do anything excellently, is not "multitasking" for that is doing nothing well. Complete a task, then move on to the next one. Driving a car, while texting, disciplining a child, and drinking a coffee, will not end well. When driving-drive. When texting, do so when your hands are not occupied, for it is not worth your life. When drinking coffee, it is best to be relaxed in a chair, otherwise most of it will end up in your lap or on your clothes, that is why most coffee shops have seating. When disciplining a child, listen to them, before you jump to angry conclusions. Most often they just want your attention, for they feel ignored and a child's fear of rejection is paramount in their life. It is okay to play and that is something all children and adults need. Therefore, the balance of work, home, family and play, are to be equalized for life to be a happy balance. You are Life, knowing how to be Life, is valuable knowledge and this knowledge resides in the "heart".
When the Dreams of Gaia- 2 of Earth is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- Time to balance work and play.
- Balance your responsibilities and personal needs.
- Be open to compromise.
- Be confident and grounded.
- Take stock and priorities.
- Ask for help.
This Thoth 2 of Disks- card represents the Harmony of Change. Now this may seem irrational to the survival mind, who thinks that security is constant control of situations; stasis is more important than change to the animal. But that is again the illusion of thought. We are told to think that carbon in a crystalline stasis, is the most valuable or one of the most valuable forms to be. We know this valuable state of carbon as a diamond. Funny thing about diamonds...They don't live! As evolutionary forms of life, diamonds fail to live and carbon atoms are the foundation of all living things on earth because they are the most adaptable of atoms! What is most valuable to Life (Spirit) is living carbon atoms made of bio-protons that are malleable enough to change by the mechanism of the union of opposites; a mechanism that requires communication! To make the motion of life changeless is impossible---for in the state of control, life will always be the exception to the rule of entropy. This is easily seen by understanding entropy and/or the second law of thermodynamics which states "... All things proceed from order to disorder." From Chaos to Order, back to Chaos and back to Order, is the universal mechanism of change! Inhale, exhale, and inhale again only works because the lungs are flexible and not made of stone. Life "eats itself to stay alive", is simply the cycle of life and death, back to life. The Organic Organism, the "super organism", must constantly recycle itself from, mineral, plant, to animal and to you, and back again, in order to maintain "being". A cycle we call "eating".
The Serpent in the form of a figure eight, is the Ancient sign of infinity (Oroboros--the serpent that eats its own tail) because of the knowledge that Life eats itself to stay alive. Order is eaten by Chaos which causes a reordering of energy which is a flowing transformation that in the world of atoms, keeps some carbon atoms from forming into diamonds!
As a Spiritual Being of Energy conscious,Psyche, I find this constant change very useful in developing intelligent Self-Image (Create--see entropy and correct it) as well as the foundation of evolutionary being, i.e., adaptability! Most of us know the Yin Yang symbol of Taoist origin, and it is shown in both loops of the figure eight on the Thoth card. The yellow color is the masculine Force (electric) and the darker colors are the feminine form which is magnetic force. In the Qaballah the union of Force and Form is the foundation of all being. Hence, the Yin Yang and the lemnistrate (ribbon) are both the same energy, shown as different symbols. Here, O=2. Take a circle and twist it, you now have what looks to be 2 circles, yet it is still one line unbroken. Therefore, symbolizing the One energy that is 2- Male/Female, Electric/Magnetic, Inhale/exhale. etc.
Now astrologically, this card is Jupiter in Capricorn. The benevolent Planet Jupiter is not well placed in Capricorn meaning that Jupiter's good influence can only be exerted as an organizer. The Feminine Creative or the Ocean of Magnetic Force (Binah) and Masculine currents of electric force (Chokma) are being organized into living forms on/in the Material of Malkuth---which is the 10th Sephiroth on the Tree of Life. Qabalists know Kether to be the 1st Sephiroth, and many have thought that this is the first manifestation of conscious energy. Yet Kether is the "limitless light", and has no end or beginning, which allows no viewing. Kether is the "Dark Sun" as it can't be seen, and is the least understood concept of the Tree of Life sigil. Thus the First idea of manifestation falls to the 2 s, which represent Chokma (Wisdom) which is masculine in I but gives birth to Am. The action of giving birth is essentially female, and Chokma is a female noun in Hebrew. Wisdom is also represented as the Goddess Sophia in Greek . Elements may be essences in Kether (I will be), but only upon reaching the Deuces are they in appearance as ideas ( I AM).
The 2's represent the Elements uncontaminated by influence, hence they appear in their original harmonious condition. For instance:
- The 2 of Wands is the Fire Element in its purest form and is the "movement within all motion".The 2 of Wands is called Dominion and/ or Lord of Dominion because the word Lord implies Husbandry in its original Feudal meaning of "Shepard".
- The 2 of Cups, often called The Lord of Love and is the Purest Form of Water (fluid-like energy flow), i.e. consciousness.
- The 2 of Swords has been called the Lord of Peace or Peace. We know that swords represent "mind" but since there is no conflict to make peaceful at this stage of manifestation, it is a natural state of the 2. It is a State of I and the Am, a paradox of imaging self, within one self. This can be a real brain teaser simply because it is the Negative form of a Positive idea....it's as if it is the negative electrons attracting positive electrons to make a form manifest and/or viewing a reflection in a mirror. A lot of thinking is necessary here, as the general proposition states that the sum of the one energy is zero, so that the Positive manifestation of 2 "isn't" real, it is reality only is imagining, while the Real is infinite zero. Thus the phrase, "The other side of the Mirror" is the Real side. Or we can say, that the image in the reflected side of the mirror is subject to the self-conception presentation from the invisible dark-side of the mirror. In other-words, the image of me, is reflected upon the Soul that I AM. For I am not born of material things, but invent them as self-image. For the invisible must become visible in order to observe Self.
The 2 of Disks is representative of Change, and/or Lord of Harmonious Change which is what Union produces. Union produces harmonious change simply because energy seeks its own level and when 2 come together as 1, they balance each other and this works for 2 aspects of energy conscious as well-expression and reception-Wands and Cups-Male and Female-Positive and Negative.
Also, Earth is the Throne of Spirit, as the Princesses are related to Earth and since the well-known axiom of Gnosis is "As above so below", we see that once having gotten to the bottom one comes out again at the top. This is a type of Mobius loop, or lemniscuses/lemnistrate (Greek for-ribbon) which is the serpentine figure-eight magus symbol for infinity; "One who is Two", clamping down on its own tail. The 2's may be considered the A-sexual "fetuses" of the Seed-Aces but this concept doesn't seem to make understanding these "Higher States" of conscious energy any easier. All the 2's suggest that when the Negative (space/Mind/I) sees itself as a positive (time/light/Am), and then unites with that positive, we get a "Self Image". This may help you with the Mythological concepts of the Goddess who in Virgin birth, has a son (male is considered Positive Electron and female is considered Negative Electron) and then mates with that son to produce the Universe. If you get this all tangled up with your indoctrinated-emotional concepts of sexuality-----you'll never understand the Energy Conscious concepts of the 2's. However, I love to tease the brain, so here is another concept of the 2's; 0=2.
When this card is thrown for an individual during a reading, it means:
- A transformation/change in the physical world is upon them in 2 weeks or 2 months’ time.
- This is Cause and Effect and/ or the Law of Attraction, where what we think of with the most emotion, is formed in the atoms around us as a living observation and/or life style.
- In Physics, it is known that observation changes the observed and most of us know that by observing a thought through the powerful emotions (energy-in-motion) of love or fear will charge that thought into manifested action from benevolent on one hand or malevolent on the other.
- Perspective is everything to a Conscious Energy---which we all know as Spirit. Life is but a perspective of Self-Awareness!
- The ability to juggle or balance more than one project at a time and or 2 or more situations at once time.
- When the mental aspects attributed to Female (unconscious) and the Male (consciousness), in all of us is balanced, we know Life as Playful Creativity and enjoy the challenges of entropy. Where as if they are at odds, life becomes a serious struggle where chaos eventually wins.
- This state of self-reevaluation is Transformation.
- All opposites are only illusions or different outgrowths of the same current of energy.
- Flexibility as a positive side of change.
If ill defined by surrounding cards in the divination, it implies:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.