the witches tarot-knight of wands
The Witches Tarot- Knight of Wands-keeps to the Traditional Tarot depiction of a Knight rather than a Prince as does the Thoth Tarot. One reason for this, is that Thoth Tarot revels the paradigm of Tetragrammaton, whereas, traditional tarot doesn't display this "secret name of god". The other is that Crowley believes that his Knights are Battle Kings, active and powerful, while his Knights are Princes, sons of the Queen and King.
The Knight of Wands is shown as a confident and high spirited young man dressed in the reds and golds that symbolize the fire element of this card. His white charger is also dressed in fiery colors.
The Witches Tarot Standard blooming Hawthorne Rod, is the Wand suite of this tarot deck.
The golden lion heraldry, on the knight's tunic and the horse's parade cloak, represents bravery and strength. The Knight of Wands is a symbol of action, adventure and speed.
Tiphareth-Beauty-the 6th Sephiroth and the 4 Princes.
Thoth Princes are the Son of the Queen and King, thus they are governed by Tiphareth, The Son of God.
Thoth-Prince of wands
The Princes are wholly activated by the Queen and King, adding to their complexity as they have no motive power of their own. They are force, but a stable one, as they are being pulled along in their chariots.
The Figures of the Arch Fairies (Elementals) are the Lion, Eagle, Man and Bull. These are the 4 Kerubim of Qaballah. They are very ancient symbols for the elements of multiple religious belief systems. Not only appearing as Gods of the Assyrians, the Four Animals in the Old Testament vision of Ezekiel, they also are the 4 symbols of the Christian Evangelists
In the vastness of Kether, the Primordial Elements radiate into Tiphareth, becoming the united rulers of the elements that are individually expressed in Tiphareth. Anthropomorphically personified, The Princes are the balance of the 4 Elements in Tiphareth. Being the most refined aspects of the Solar- Personality, the Prince of Wands is the Son/Sun in his resurrected glory. The 4 Princes are the Elemental Kings in our psyches, the Vau forces of the Name (YHVH) giving each of us inherited Power over the elements.
It should be no surprise then that the Princes can be taken in any direction by Divine Will. Thus, the forces of the Prince of Wands may be applied with Justice or cruelty; the unconscious flowing motion of the Prince of Cups may be subtle and artistic; or it may be evil. The rational mental activities of the Prince of Swords, may produce ideas that are either creative or destructive and last but not least, the material qualities of the Prince of Disks, may cause growth for good or evil. The Grounding Element for the Princes lessons, are the Princesses, who rule the earth from the Northern quadrants.
THE PRINCE OF WANDS:
When thrown during Divination, the Princes often represent the coming and going of an event or person and the Princesses often represent the approval or disapproval of a matter.
A Air of Fire or Specific Air of Primal Fire, his Power is tremendous, so Lady Frieda Harris appears to show the charging chariot, that is being pulled by Leo (the Sun) the Lion; Charging, because of his enormous strength that can go any direction given by Divine Will, even unto violence if angered. Upon his chest is the sigil of To Mega Theron, in his right hand he carries the Phoenix wand of the 2nd Adept, the wand of power and energy while in his left hand he holds the reigns of the lion that pulls his chariot. Liken to a Helios, he rides the Sun's chariot across the sky.
Ruling from the 21st degree of Cancer to the 20th degree of Leo, he is endowed with a powerful faculty for expanding and volatilizing. His arms are free of armor and mail, as he is vigorous and active. As you can see, he is aflame in every way above, the rayed crown surrounded by a winged Lion head sending from his crown a curtain of flame, suggesting the Solar Logos. In his left hand (side of the Goddess) he holds the Phoenix Wand of Power and Energy, while the other is holding the reigns of the Lion. His sexual energy is renowned.
With wheels radiating flame, he rides on a sea of flame, both waved and salient. This card show Swiftness and Strength as his primary moral qualities.
The female aspect of the Prince of Wands is shown as the Chariot and wheels in the Red color of Mother Binah, who supports his stability, and motion and is the "enclosure" that he is protected by.
He represents the Phoenix paradigm of the Soul who has revisited the destruction of the Abyss, and is resurrected and/or reborn as the Original Sun/Son (not a sex). Purity, in as what is not worthy, has been removed from this souls identity; They shine in the Origin of souls, Children of the Stars. Hence, there is a certain innocence and/or naivety about them for they are not burdened with cultural rules of action. This persona is a fiery expression of "I Will Be". A person, male or female, born in the period from July 11 to August 11, has a core personality of the Prince of Wands. As a core, it may have a crust of culture and/or cultures surrounding the hot center, but chip away the indoctrination and a real dragon spreads its fiery wings.
The Divinatory meaning of The Prince of Wands is:
- Impulsive, often easily directed by outside influences, even trifling ones, they can be prey to indecision.
- His or her opinions are often violently expressed but being emphatic does not mean he'll hold the opinion long. He just loves vigorous statement just to feel the vigorous flow.
- The truth being, that they are often slow to make up their mind, for they are essentially just and see both sides of a question.
- Having a character noble and generous causes them to lean towards expressing extravagant hyperbole while secretly laughing at the boast and themselves for making it.
- Being of fanatical courage linked with indefeasible endurance, they often choose to fight against the odds and always win in the very long run.
- The Passion radiating off of this person frightens most people because of the mystery it presents.
- This one is of Dragon, and thus strikes terror in the heart of the less inclined.
- Their generosity and deeds maybe impeccable, but their heat of passion scares the pale personality who avoids the Sun/son.
- There is great pride, which is the main fault of this persona, makes them hold in contempt, meanness and pettiness and they are adept at wielding every weapon of ridicule, while still giving the shirt off of their back to the one so scorned.
- Without lust of result, they love work, sex and exercise for its own sake.
- Paradoxical is their contempt for the world at large, while holding ecstatic respect for every individual man and woman.
- The Mystery of such a one who is a Sun. This Sun Warrior is an aspect of the Solar Logos that puts ideas into action and will fight for the survival of these ideals!
- There is a sense of Romantic Revolution with this one.
- Most people enjoy their passionate demeanor, but woe to the person that focuses their wrath.
- Because of this Swift and agile personality, many of their acquaintances are not committed to them as friends, for their swift mystery baffles most of people, as they are all that is unexpected, startling, unpredictable, unconventional, and having a deep underlying consistency of passion.
When ill defined by the surrounding negative cards in the reading, it implies:
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.