the witches tarot-four of swords
The Witches Tarot- Four of Swords, depicts a very tired, hazel-eyed woman in a yellow gown, with purple girdle holding short branches of pussy-willow in one hand, and holding a sword in the other hand. The Sword is pointed downward with tip stuck in the ground, as if too heavy to hold. Three other swords are leaning against the stone wall. The breeze is ruffling her hair, and along with the yellow gown, with purple feather trim, symbolizes the Element of Air. The pussy-willow symbolizes recovery from illness and are a reminder to rest and recover. The ivy growing on the stone wall, has a magical association with healing. As does the Amethyst -purple stones on her forehead, around her neck and on the purple girdle clasp. Amethyst also promotes restful sleep, and pleasant dreams. Although, putting on her best attire, and presenting a determination to carry-on, this lady needs rest and time to recoup her strength.
When the Witches Tarot Four of Swords is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- Time to take some personal time and recoup your strength.
- One may be feeling overwhelmed by demands and stress.
- There is a need to get away, and withdraw from the daily grind.
- One needs time to recover from illness.
Thoth- 4 of swords-Truce
Chesed the 4 th Sephiroth-Mercy, is the Intelligence of the Universal Architect. Therefore, the 4's suggest perfection, realization, completion and fixing a matter to a rock solid stability.
In the Thoth 4 of Swords, this stability is a form of Truce, where equal tension, makes a stability of mental powers. Hence, the Thoth 4 of Swords represents Chesed in Yetzirah, influencing the astral world.
As you may know, mental creation happens in the fluid light of the Astral World before the manifestation is solidified in the Material World. Now you may not be able to clearly see that you are not a body....You really are a Yod (hand of God,i.e. Creative Intelligence) in the Collective Unconscious, so your Real body, is the Tree of Life....the homo sapiens body is the avatar incarnation, for sensual purposes, of your "dreams" and resides with in the solar corona (soul) of the Invisible you. That Invisible you is as Jupiter, and in this card, Jupiter is in Libra. Thus the normal destructive Swords, are put to rest in the munificent, benevolent and loving nature of Jupiter.
The Rose is restored and Consciousness is settled, and a rest from strife is implied by the 4 of Swords. Jupiter in Libra radiates compassion and sensitivity showing the Mercy that is Chesed.
Here Jupiter claims authority in the intellectual world. Arguing for convention, Jupiter restores mental balance after the chaos of arbitrary thought.
In the Thoth 4 of Swords card, the hilts of the Swords, are formed into the corners of the St, Andrew's Cross, suggesting the rigidity and fixation implied in the 4. The Rose of 49 petals, in which the Swords are sheathed, suggesting social harmony.
Therefore, there is a suggestion of compromise. As does Crowley, I find this compromise to be a less than positive factor. For it is an act of an indolent mind, that would rather be pusillanimous and compromise for social peace rather than work out the thought through the promised struggle. However, it may be to keep the peace; but peace at any cost, is not always preferable.
When the 4 of Swords -Truce, is thrown during a reading:
- There is mental understanding of a matter, or a relationship coming to full resolution on four levels of mental awareness: The Rational, The Emotional of the Unconscious, The Spiritual, and the Subconscious of the Physical.
- Implications of problems that should not be ignored; listen to the inner self and answers will be restored.
- A holding pattern after mastering a difficult mental situation.
- Retreat or withdrawal necessary to heal or hide, by creating a protected mental space. Here insight can be generated by seclusion.
- A moment of logic and discriminating intelligence of integrity and planning.
The negatives of this card are often;
- A bout of illness in order to recuperate.
- The intellect is relinquishing control back to the body so that a time out of from problems and solutions are achieved as the body has only one focus of getting better.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donation. May you live long and prosper.