Tarot of the old path-knight of rods
The Knights in the Thoth Tarot are the Warrior Kings; However, in the Tarot of the Old Path, the Knights occupy the position of the Thoth Tarot- Princes.
The Tarot of The Old Path- Knight of Rods, is depicted as a battle ready and restless man of fair hair and blue eyes.
His rod is a branch of white willow and upon his helmet is an oak leaf design, both signifying braveries.
His clothing is in fiery colors, representing the element of fire that is attributed to this card.
Hence the depiction of this card suggests a fiercely energetic, restless person who is not ready to settle down.
Thoth-prince of wands
THOTH TAROT- PRINCES & TIPHARETH (BEAUTY):
The Qabalistic Thoth Princes are the Sons of the Queen and King; thus, they are governed by the 6th Sephiroth- Tiphareth, The Sun/Son of God and /or the Soul.
The princes are activated by the Queen and King, as the Soul is totally activated by Binah- 3 Sephiroth-Understanding and Chokmah, the second Sephiroth- Wisdom, adding to their complexity as they have no motive power of their own. They are a force, but a stable one, as they are being pulled along in their chariots.
The Figures of the "Arch Fairies" (Elementals) are the Lion, Eagle, Man and Bull. These are the Four Kerubim of Hermetic Qaballah and Alchemy. They are very ancient symbols for the elements of multiple religious belief systems, appearing as Gods of the Assyrians, the Four Animals in the Old Testament vision of Ezekiel, and they are the four symbols of the Christian Evangelists. On the Thoth Tarot Prince of Wands, has a chariot pulled along by the astrological sign of Leo; The lion also being the symbol for Fire and/or the Sun.
In the vastness of Kether (Crown), the Primordial Elements radiate into Tiphareth, becoming the united rulers of the elements that are individually expressed in Tiphareth. Anthropomorphically portrayed, the princes are the balance of the Four Elements in Tiphareth. Being the most refined aspects of Solar-Personality; the Four Princes are the Elemental Kings in our Souls.
It should be no surprise then, that the princes can be taken in any direction by Divine Will.
- The forces of the Prince of Wands may be applied with Justice or cruelty.
- The unconscious flowing motion of the Prince of Cups may be subtle and artistic; or it may be evil.
The rational mental activities of the Prince of Swords may produce ideas that are either creative or destructive.
- The material qualities of the Prince of Disks may cause growth for good or evil. The Grounding Element for the Princes lessons are the Princesses, who rule the earth from the Northern quadrants.
THE PRINCE OF WANDS:
is Air of Fire or Specific Air of Primal Fire. His sexual power is tremendous, because of this enormous strength, one can go any sexual direction, even into violence if angered.
The Thoth deck card shows the Marital Prince holding the Phoenix Wand of Geburah, and thus, wields the fiery Severity of Geburah's power of resurrection.
Ruling from the 21st degree of Cancer to the 20th degree of Leo, he is endowed with a powerful faculty for expanding and volatilizing. His arms are free of armor and mail, as he is vigorous and active.
As one can see, he is aflame in every way above, the rayed crown surrounded by a winged Lion head sending from his crown a curtain of flame, suggesting the Solar Logos. In his left hand (side of the Goddess) he holds the Phoenix Wand of Power and Energy, while the other is holding the reigns of the Lion.
With wheels radiating flame, he rides on a sea of flames, both waved and salient.
The Prince of Wands or Knight of Rods is a personality archetype. Hence, by using the Tarot-Astrological wheel, one can find the "core" Persona that is the foundation of their own personality. We may use Princes and Princesses to describe the core persona's; However, this is not the "sex of a person", unless describing a coming or going of a person, but rather the active paradigm of the personality. When thrown during Divination, the Princes often represent the coming and going of an event or person and the Princesses often represent the approval or disapproval of a matter.
During Divination, The Prince of Wands implies:
- Swiftness and Strength as his primary moral qualities.
- Impulsive, often easily directed by outside influences, even trifling ones, one can be prey to indecision.
- One's opinions are often violently expressed but being emphatic does not mean they'll hold the opinion long. One just loves vigorous statement just to feel the vigorous flow.
- The truth being, that One is often slow to make up their mind and is just and sees both sides of a question.
- Having a character noble and generous causes One to lean towards expressing extravagant hyperbole while secretly laughing at the boast and themselves for making it.
- Being of fanatical courage linked with indefeasible endurance One chooses to fight against the odds and always wins in the exceptionally long run.
- The Passion radiating off this person frightens most people because of the mystery it presents. This one is of Dragon, and thus strikes terror in the heart of the less inclined.
- One's generosity and deeds may be impeccable, but the heat of their passions scares the pale soul who avoids the Sun.
- One's immense pride, which is their main fault, makes them hold in contempt, meanness and pettiness and One is adept at wielding every weapon of ridicule, while still giving the shirt off their back to the one so scorned.
- Without lust of result, One, loves work and exercise for its own sake.
- Paradoxical is this One's contempt for the world at large, while holding ecstatic respect for every individual man and woman.
- The Mystery of such a one who is a Sun. This Sun Warrior is an aspect of the Solar Logos that puts ideas into action and will fight for their survival!
- There is a sense of Romantic Revolution with this one.
- Most people enjoy one's passionate demeanor, but woe to the person that focuses this one's wrath.
- Because of this Swift and agile personality, many of One's acquaintances are not committed to them as friends, for his swift mystery baffles most of them as one is all that is unexpected, startling, unpredictable, unconventional, but having a deep underlying consistency.
- Travel or departure by Air can also be shown by this card.
Because of the great energy of such a personality, many people may think his positives are negatives; However, if this card is ill defined or in reversal (The Thoth Tarot does not use reversed cards as ill-defined} it implies:
- Division and discord.
- Unexpected change.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
Helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.