tarot of the old path-six of rods
Since Fire is the Alchemical Element that the Six of Rods or the 6 of Wands represent, the clothing on horse and man of the Old Path Tarot, are of fiery colors and the Wands are aflame with colors of autumn. The Knight of the Six of Rods, has removed his helm and is sitting astride his resting horse, implying victory after contest. The Laurel wreath around his neck is also the symbol for Victory. The five rods of birch are behind him and the sixth rod of birch is carried in his hand. The golden glow of the Sun is upon him and all triumphant.
The primary message of this card is victory after struggle,even if only diplomacy and discussion is required to bring about success.
TIPHARETH-BEAUTY & THE FOUR 6'S:
In past blogs, I mention The Key symbols relating to Tiphareth, Beauty;
1) the Cube, which is based on 6, a form taken twice-over in the double cubed Altar of Malkuth.
2.) The 6-sided figure of the Truncated Pyramid (its top is cut off) that represents Adam Khadmon The Ascended Man), the 6 lower Sephiroth. Adam Khadmon is the ascended man or Archetypal Human, above him, completing the Pyramid are the Supernal, Kether, Chokmah and Binah.
Then, there is the:
3) Calvary Cross, properly drawn as black, unequal armed, surrounded by a circle and mounted on three steps. This implies Wisdom through Sacrifice.
The Rose cross and the Rose Cross Lamen, are the other powerful Tiphareth symbols.
The 6's. represent definite accomplishment and carrying out of a matter.
Success with the result of effort, is the underlying current of all Tarot 6's. In the World of energy, Atziluth, this means Victory. Where as in Briah, the World of Pleasure, happiness is a direct result of working for it. In the world of quarreling and Strife, Yetzirah, strife brings success. While, in Assiah, the world of business, and commerce among men, this means material success.
thoh-6 of wands-victory
Lord of Victory.
Here Jupiter is in Leo, and the Angels of the Decan are: Nelokhiel and Yeyayel.
In the 6 of Wands, we have the benevolence of Jupiter in the Fiery Sign of Leo,(Sun) which brings success and warm relationships.
However, it is an aspect that suggests some drama and of victory after great effort. This Lady Freda Harris and Crowley card, shows the Wands of the Three Adepts (of Golden Dawn ritual) crossed in a perfect balance of power. As each Adept must go through initiations involving varying degrees of Strife, this card of Wands, suggests victory after strife, which is victory over time/space.
It is to be noted, that the upright Flames, lantern like at each crossing, are in a number of 9; the number of Yesod and the Moon. This shows energy stabilization of the Energy, and its reception and reflection by the Feminine Magnetic Principle. There is no circle around it, because it is self-supporting like the Sun.
When this card is thrown during a reading:
- the Querent is assured of victory, but victory only comes after a struggle. so don't celebrate prematurely.
- There is implied a short lived victory with all blockages overcome but by trusting the Stability of the Higher Self, the Victory is long lasting.
- Confidence and belief in yourself are the necessary tools here and it looks like they have been achieved with some major breakthrough in insight and creativity happening in the next 6 weeks or 6 months.
- The querent is showing secure knowledge of self identity and displays self confidence in leadership abilities. There is in the querent a purposeful sense of direction and purpose.
Reversal or if ill defined:
- Falsehood and treachery
- Winning without gain.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper!