Thoth-6 of Disks-Success
[ Crowley's Disks represent Pentacles in other decks]
Night Sun Tarot- 6 of Pentacles
As always, the 6's are about a balance of trinities which makes them powerful and stable in dynamic movement. The Thoth 6 of Disks card represents physical attainment, accomplishment and success. The Thoth 6 of Disks and Night Sun Tarot- 6 of Pentacles,represents the harmonious energy of Earth, that the balance of polarities have made fruitful, the Son, Father, and Grandfather aspects of electric force and the Maid, Mother, and Crone aspects of magnetic force....It is Born! This fruitful birth, is shown as one red apple on the Night Sun Tarot Card.
It is important to remember that this is earth, and gravitational forces will pull this successful creation down into itself, where everything becomes slow and heavy, so this success is temporary but enjoyable just the same. Therefore, on the earth are shown 6 coins, pentacle centered, in a grouping of 3's.
There is a great beauty here that comes from the balances of mental, emotional, and physical energy enhanced by the higher conscious states of Self that are represented in the 6th Sephira/ Beauty/Tiphareth; the Christ/Buddha consciousness. Being Beauty feels great!
This Beauty is not determined by fashion, nor culture, this is the Beauty that created me so it could be me! The great inner beauty of synchronicity; the harmony radiating from the Divine Creative, through the Soul/Psyche and into the form.
Generosity is shown here, as you now have enough success in physical health, finances, and emotional balance to assist others in their success.
Astrologically, this card is Moon in Taurus, whose sigils are shown on both Tarot cards, which suggests productivity (Taurus) and a deep inner satisfaction (The Moon) or a deep desire on the subconscious level. The foundation of creation vibrates from the deep passion and desire of I-Will-Be and the deep satisfaction of manifestation as I AM Me! Therefore, the Qabalistic Tarot-6 of Disks: Success, or 6 of Pentacles, represents the 6th Sephiroth-(circle) of Tiphareth, that is the Full Harmonious embellishment of the Energy of the Element, i.e. Beauty, in the Element of Earth. This card shows even greater embellishment because the Moon is in Taurus which is where the Moon is most exalted. Therefore the Moon is in its highest form and adds the illusion of brilliance; However, the Moon is in transient, so the approach to perfection is not long lasting, as it will be assaulted by the cycles of everyday living.
Therefore, to achieve success in any endeavor means that we must be in union and/or communication with our inner master and/or The Real Person (Soul) who built us as it's masterpiece. There is only diligence and doing indicated here. Hence, this is where the axiom," Above all things know thyself" really comes into its own.
Upon viewing this Thoth Tarot Card, one can see that the Disks are arranged in a Hexagram as a skeletal format. The Center of the illustration glows with the light of the rose madder of dawn surrounded by three concentric circles of golden yellow, salmon pink, and amber. (due to processing fade these colors are very light). These colors represent Tiphareth (Beauty) fully realized on earth. Dawn is also shown rising on the Night Sun Tarot-6 of Pentacles.
The planetary signs, on the Thoth card, are arranged in their normal attribution but they are shown as disks irradiated by the central Sun which is idolized as the Rose and Cross. The rose has 49 petals, which is the interplay of 7 with 7. Also, 7 rayed stars are the Symbol of the Great Mother Goddess, as is the Moon. Upon investigation, one will find that the Male electric force and the Female magnetic force are never separate even though upon first glance they appear to be so.
Hence, the formula for success is indicated in the six planetary circles shown on this card:
1. Saturn represents success through discipline.
2. Jupiter reminds us that success is achieve by being open and flexible to options that may present themselves.
3. Venus reminds us of our beautiful heart and follow what has heartfelt meaning in our life.
4. The Moon indicates success attainable through following the truth of ourselves, by being authentic.
5. Mercury reminds us about how important organized well timed communication is important to success.
6. Mars reminds us to express continually steady energy into our professional or personal issues in order to achieve success...The Tortoise vs the Hare scenario, where rapid spurts of energy do not achieve success whereas steady on does. Success comes from deep within rather than the superficial without, which is symbolize in this card as the joining of the Western Cross (deep inner self integration) and the opening and blooming of successful achievement ( the Eastern symbol of success- the lotus).
However, 6 is not only a number of accomplishment, but also that of Christ, Buddha consciousness. Thus a certain sacrifice is made for the Number of the Dying gods, means a definite personality deconstruction in order for reconstruction that brings success.
The Thoth 6 of Disks/Success suggests that success comes from deep within rather than the superficial without, which is symbolize in this card as the joining of the Western Cross (deep inner self integration) and the opening and blooming of successful achievement ( the Eastern symbol of success- the lotus). This is also implied in the art of the Night Sun Tarot 6 of Pentacles, as on the leaf- barren tree, an inner power, created the perfect apple.
To reiterate; the 6's imply definite accomplishment and the carrying out of a matter.
However, 6 is not only a number of accomplishment, but also that of the Sun/Son or Christ/Buddha consciousness, thus a certain sacrifice of control is made by the self-conscious. The 6 is also the number of the Dying gods, and means a definite personality deconstruction in order for reconstruction to the original construct, that brings success.
The 6 of Disks-Success, is also aptly named The Lord of Success, as the Moon is exalted in Tarsus: However, this Lord of Success is also shown on the Night Sun Tarot Card, as a great tree, hoary and leafless, yet who succeeded in baring fruit. Here the charm, subtleties, ebb and flow of the Moon are merging with the hard work and deliberate earth qualities of Taurus, ensuring success in business and other earthly matters. Which is implied by the scattering of coins at the base of the tree.
To a Qabalist, this is Tiphareth (Beauty) in Assiah (the Material World). The natural flow of the Moon's charm and subtleties are united with the hard work and deliberate qualities of Taurus resulting in sure success in business and mundane areas.
When thrown this card tells the querent that physical attainment and accomplishment is well on its way in 6 weeks or 6 months due to a hard work ethic.
When Thrown during a reading, the Six of Disks implies:
- Material attainment and accomplishment, but with a caveat dealt out by the law of Karma; you'll have to put out effort, to receive back success.
- The successful cycle of income or security is steady and predictable.
- The querent is also generous, sharing the wealth, giving people what they are willing to receive.
- The Six of Disks also suggests that money owed will be paid and the querent shall receive what is rightfully theirs.
- The 6 of Disks card also suggests that money owed will get paid in 6 weeks or 6months, and you will receive what is rightfully yours.
- Financial help from a friend, or employer will put you back on stable monetary affairs, is also suggested. Because of the necessary flow of wealth into prosperity, the 6 card also suggest that we share our good fortune with others in order to keep the flow going.
- The card suggests charity, synergy and success, in physical or financial relationships. Hence, the 6 of Disks card is esoterically about the Union of ternary consciousness,the I AM Me of one linked up with the I AM Me of another, suggesting that success is because of united goals.
- This is a all around satisfying card to get in a reading, especially when it lands on a Earthly position in a reading [Such as House and Home or Beneath you positions of a Celtic Cross reading] or when there are other complimentary Disk cards around it. The sixes are always a relief from the severity of the fives!
- Also, prosperity in business, success, gain, power, influence, rank, nobility and rule over people, in material undertakings.
- Fortunate,successful, just and liberal.
- As you may note, The Six of Disks-Success, is because of labor on the part of the individual and is thus earned and not a gift; However, like attracts like so in the next 6 weeks or 6 months gifts may appear.
- With the Moon who is "Priestess of Illusion" so prominent in this card, it is appropriate to understand that material success alone is an illusion of success.
- Spiritual Manifestation (which we are) is only Successful when The I AM ME, our trinity, is in balanced communion of correspondence. When the "As above is so below" and where value of Wealth is known as Presence and not material gain.
If ill dignified by the surrounding cards;
- Purse-proud, insolent from success or even prodigal.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper!