new orleans voodoo tarot-7 of Santeria-earth-oshú
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot- 7 of Santería-Earth-Oshú, depicts the Santería goddess of love, being coy behind her fan. She is the patron of earthly love, art and dance. She is comparable to the Greek Aphrodite and Roman Venus. Her emotions are deeply tied to earth. Unlike Erzulie, of whom she shares many attributes, she is tearless in her self-assured demeanor. Earthly love, firmly planted in earth's steady influence, is the power of Oshún. With fan (air) and mirrors (illusion) do not disturb her ability to look from the card's surface, squarely at the querent in an assured and solid fashion. She embodies a flowing sensuality and is also linked with pure streams, and rivers.
Peacock feathers are often offered to her, along with yellow flowers, river water, honey with cinnamon sticks, white wine, mirrors, gold or brass bells, jewelry, fans, honey cakes, kola nuts, omelets with ship and watercress, amber resin, coral beads, cowrie shells, yellow cloth, yellow candles, small boats, oranges, pumpkins, and Oshún's Voodoo Visions image. Hence, the peacock and color yellow, in the illustration.
One calls on Oshún to bring love, beauty, and luxury into their life. Also, call on her during pregnancy to ensure the healthy development of the fetus. Call on her to bless fresh waters. If and artist, call on her to inspire artistic works of beauty.
When the 7 of Santería is thrown in divination:
- To have emotions manifest in a concrete fashion.
- The creation of a sacrament which will bring to fruition some emotional involvement. ( A sacrament can be defined as an outward sign of an invisible or interior state.)
- Possible failure or disappointment in the solid form love takes.
Thoth-7-of Disks: Failure
Physical failure, labor thwarted, and everything is sunk in sloth.
The 7 of Disks indicates a pause in the garden of financial, health, and physical relationships. There is also the inner fear of failure and fear of success which is generated by negative past experiences. Many know that to fear is to constrict energy and to obfuscate the direction emotion is being sent. Fear is a creativity gone against the motion of the fearful. Our fear of discomfort, can be our worst enemy here.
Take a long look at this card. Its astrological sign is Saturn in Taurus. The planet Saturn is symbolic of constricted, restricted and/or the feeling of limited energy; its metal is lead. Taurus is representative of productivity and achievement. The 2 together tell us that our productivity and achievement are being restricted and limited by our fear of failure. This aspect of Saturn and Taurus can also be seen in the coins. The helmet symbol is Saturn and the Bull is Taurus. Predicting a feeling of failure that interferes with our financial situation. The Helmet is also a symbol of a conscious constriction of which fear is indicative of. The 7 of Disks card also indicates a loss of capacity to inspire ourselves or others. Yet there are contradictory meanings here since this is a pause in the force of our creativity, this could also be just waiting for the fruition of our efforts and is a time of repose and waiting for results. Seeds of new growth are being planted here, in the spoilage of the past and the querent may be waiting for a better and more rewarding path to be discovered.
Fear is constricted energy focused on a point of I Am...I Am is our inherited "god name" within our Psyche. It declares the direction of our energy such as, I Am sad, I Am happy, I Am poor or I AM wealthy. In the infinite realm of possibilities, I AM is the foundation of all creation and creation is a restriction of energy to form a "point in time". Which we are! Since you have been given the god-like freedom to declare yourself any way you like...repeating concepts of failure tell your Greater Self that you demand failure as an expression of your likeness! Knowing this, it is recommended that for the next 7 weeks or 7 months that your repeat declarations of Wealth. How about;
"I Am The Will and the Way. I Am the Wealth and I own the Day!”
Say the above at least 7 times a day for 7 weeks or 7 Months. I've been doing it now for the past 7 years and my days flow in a joyous dance of discovery. I highly recommend that you remember yourself as a Magic Sorcerer from the Source of all Creation-the I AM- who has been given the power of emotional focus-I AM- to create your reality. This is a great power---use it gratefully! Netzach, the 7th Sephiroth, may be under the influence of Venus and her superficiality and vanity, but it also means Victory.
Saturn in Taurus brings disappointment, that leads to failure, often because of a great deal of work that brings little reward.
There are sixteen of the geomantic figures (See AC's book, 777 or "The Handbook of Geomancy" Equinox Vol. I, No.2). The 7 of Disks is in the shape of the geomantic figure Rubeus, which is the one of putrefaction, a menacing symbol.
If you are a student of Alchemy, putrefaction is noted as a necessary process of chemical transformation, before purification can be produced. Thus the atmosphere of the card implies blight, cultivation is spoiled. The suggestion is also bad money.
The 7 of Disks, Failure, is also called- The Lord of Success unfulfilled and rightly so, as it is about physical failure and non-success.
When the 7 of Disks (Pentacles in other decks) Failure, is thrown during a reading, implied is:
- A fear of failure with finances, health and relationships. However, 7 in Netzach is a weak event, and deregulation of the element of earth, so soon the querent's project will be completed if determined to "keep on" and ignoring the feelings of never finishing the task.
- The Determination to release this fear of failure should go on for within 7 weeks or 7 months. However, this determination must be hard fought, for there is a tendency to abandon labor, and allowing everything to sink in a mire of sloth.
- Yet again, putrefaction is before the transformation of purification, so this is the point where the "lowest fallen becomes the highest exalted".
- The implication of this card, is that you shall succeed if you don't listen to the thoughts of failure that are tempting your brain. Push harder, you'll soon succeed.
- In the next 7 weeks or 7 months, the more rewarding path will be discovered and the period of waiting is over, or you will have to confront your fear of failure in the next 7 weeks or 7 months in order to plant anew and reap a more generous harvest in your future.
- It is time to move through old fears and self-defeating thoughts of past failures whether they have been experienced in the past 7 weeks, 7 months or when you were 7 years old.
If ill dignified by surrounding cards:
- Deep-rooted blockages.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010