new Orleans voodoo tarot- 2 Santeria (earth)- olofi
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot- 2- Santería-Earth-Olofi, depicts a pregnant Western Gaia and/or Voodoo Olofi, whose womb is the silence where a trinity of orisha move. They are the first. This trinity wields the creative life force, the lifeblood of the universe. Nzalam, Baba Nkwa, and Olofi move within the Unknowable Greatness of Olodumare, much as the Qabalistic Kether, an unknowable source of all being.
Olofi is creation. Olofi is Ashé (creative life force) in action. Olodumare, brings forth life on earth. If the new life fails due to pride, the planet is wiped clean (Hindu's state that this is the 4th earth), and once again new life is introduced. After creation, the 2 spirits of the great Olodumare, Nzalam and Baba Nkwa, leaver to continue their work elsewhere. Olofi remains and is the personal deity of the planet. The aché that flows through this orisha's veins also flows through (Dragon veins or Ley lines) every moving, living and/or creative element of earth.
Suspended in Space, the earth forms and swells in Olofi's belly. Spirits swirl around her, and the planets seem to come together to pay respect to the act of birth. Represented as the Star Mother, is Olofi.
Attributed to this aché, is change. Change is the Universal process of stability. Upon examination, any sense of stability is to be the result of an ongoing flux which is necessary to maintain the dynamic balance of elements we perceive as solidity.
When the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot- Olofi, is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- The change that brings stability to a relationship or situation.
Thoth- 2 of disks-change
This stunning Thoth card represents the Harmony of Change. Now this may seem irrational to the survival mind, who thinks that security is constant control of situations; stability is more important than change to the animal. But that is again the illusion of thought. We are told to think that carbon in a crystalline stasis, is the most valuable or one of the most valuable forms to be. We know this valuable state of carbon as a diamond. Funny thing about diamonds...They don't live! As evolutionary forms of life, diamonds fail to live and carbon atoms are the foundation of all living things on earth because they are the most adaptable of atoms! What is most valuable to Life (Spirit) is living carbon atoms made of bio-protons that are malleable enough to change by the mechanism of the union of opposites; a mechanism that requires communication! To make the motion of life changeless is impossible---for in the state of control, life will always be the exception to the rule of stability. This is easily seen by understanding entropy and/or the second law of thermodynamics which states "... All things proceed from order to disorder." Entropy, is the universal mechanism of change!
The Ribbon in the form of a figure eight, is the Western Qabalisitic sign of infinity as is the more ancient Oroboros--the serpent that eats its own tail because of the knowledge that Life eats itself to stay alive. Order is eaten by Chaos which causes a reordering of energy which is a flowing transformation that in the world of atoms, keeps some carbon atoms from forming into diamonds and turns one structure of life into another structure of life. The plant is eaten to become a cow, the cow is eaten to become a man etc.
As a Spiritual Being of Energy conscious, I find this constant change very useful in developing intelligence (Create--see entropy and correct it) as well as the foundation of evolutionary being, i.e., adaptability! Most of us know the Yin Yang symbol of Taoist origin, and it is shown in both loops of the figure eight on the Thoth Card. The yellow color is the masculine Force (electric) and the darker colors are the feminine Will to Form which is magnetic force. In the Qaballah the union of Force and Form is the foundation of all being.
Now astrologically, this card is Jupiter in Capricorn. The benevolent Planet Jupiter is not well placed in Capricorn meaning that Jupiter's good influence can only be exerted as an organizer. The Feminine Creative or the Ocean of Magnetic Force (Binah) and Masculine currents of electric force (Chokma) are being organized into living forms on/in the Material of Malkuth---which is the 10th Sephiroth on the Tree of Life. Qabalists know Kether to be the 1st Sephira, and many have thought that this is the first manifestation of conscious energy. Yet Kether is the "limitless light", and has no end or beginning, which allows no viewing. Kether is the "Dark Sun" as it can't be seen, and is the least understood concept of the Tree of Life sigil. Thus,the First idea of manifestation falls to the 2's, which represent Chokma (Wisdom) which is a Hebrew feminine noun that represents the Greek Goddess Sophia. Elements may be essences in Kether, but only upon reaching the Deuces are they in appearance as ideas.
The 2's represent the Elements uncontaminated by influence, hence they appear in their original harmonious condition.
- The 2 of Wands is called Dominion and/ or Lord of Dominion because the word Lord implies Husbandry in its original Feudal meaning...you'll need to think hard about this; the 2 of Wands is the Fire Element in its purest form and is the "movement within all motion". Therefore, the Husbandry of Spirit.
- The 2 of cups, often called The Lord of Love and is the Purest Form of Water (fluid-like energy flow), i.e. consciousness.
- The 2 of Swords has been called the Lord of Peace or Peace. We know that swords represent "mind" but since there is no conflict to make peaceful at this stage of manifestation, it requires a lot of thought to understand the 2 of Swords card. It is a State of I without the Am paradox of imaging self, within one self. This can be a real brain teaser simply because it is the Negative form of a Positive idea....it's as if it is the negative electrons attracting positive electrons to make a form manifest. Like I said, a lot of thinking is necessary here, as the general proposition states that the sum of the one energy is zero, so that the Positive manifestation "isn't" real, it is reality while the Real is infinite zero. Thus the phrase, "The other side of the Mirror" is the Real side. Or we can say, that the image in the reflected side of the mirror is subject to the reversal of self-conception presentation from the invisible side of the mirror.
The 2 of Disks is representative of the Universal Constant- Change, and/or Lord of Harmonious Change which is what Union produces. Union produces harmonious change simply because energy seeks its own level and when two come together as one, they balance each other and this works for 2 states of energy self-conscious as well. Also, Earth is the Throne of Spirit, as the Princesses are related to Earth and since the well-known axiom of Gnosis is "As above so below", we see that once having gotten to the bottom one comes out again at the top. This is a type of Mobius loop, or lemniscuses (Greek for-ribbon) which is the serpentine figure-eight magus symbol for infinity; "One who is Two", clamping down on its own tail. The 2's may be considered the A-sexual "fetuses" of the Seed-Aces but this concept doesn't seem to make understanding these "Higher States" of conscious energy any easier. All the 2's suggest that when the Negative sees itself as a Positive, and then unites with that Positive, we get a "Self Image". This may help you with the Mythological concepts of the Goddess who in Virgin birth, has a son (male is considered Positive Electron and female is considered Negative Electron) and then mates with that son to produce the Universe. If you get this all tangled up with your indoctrinated-emotional concepts of sexuality-----you'll never understand the Energy Conscious concepts of the 2's, of the One and the created Other. However, I love to tease the brain, so here is another metaphysical concept of the 2's, "From herself, she created him, and then mated with him so she could become her." I just love that one!
When this card is thrown for an individual during a reading, it means:
- A transformation in the physical world is upon them in two weeks or two months’ time.
- This is Cause and Effect and/ or the Law of Attraction, where what we think of the most is formed in the atoms around us as a living observation and/or life style.
- In Physics, it is known that observation changes the observed and most of us know that by observing a thought through the powerful emotions (energy-in-motion) of love or fear will charge that thought into manifested action from benevolent on one hand or malevolent on the other. Perspective is everything to a Conscious Energy---which we all know as Spirit. Life is but a perspective of Self-Awareness!
- The ability to juggle or balance more than one project at a time and or two or more situations at once time.
- When the mental aspects attributed to Female (unconscious) and the Male (consciousness), in all of us is balanced, we know Life as Playful Creativity and enjoy the challenges of entropy. Where as if they are at odds, life becomes a serious struggle where chaos eventually wins.
- That it is better to allow chaos and then reorder it in a new way to be, knowing full well that you can and always have done so as Spirit. Know Thyself! You are originally Spirit; a powerful Observer known as Will-to-Be! From Non- being, you have always created being! This is your inheritance, from Chokma and Binah. "To be" which is never stasis and always re-observing itself! This state of self-reevaluation is Transformation.
When ill defined by surrounding cards:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010