druid craft tarot-two of swords
The celestial attribution of the Two of Swords, is the Moon in Libra; the Moon is change, but Nature is inherently peaceful which enhances the balancing nature of Libra. Hence, the Druid Craft- Two of Swords illustrates this inherent peace of Nature. Here, a Celtic Warrior Priestess, pledges crossed swords, and/or peace to the "Great Oak", a deity of the Druids and Dryads. To the Celts the Oak was Duir (D) in the Druidic Alphabet and represented power. Hence, this Druid Lady, is declaring peace to this Great Power of Thunder and lightning and therefore, allowing the Great Mind of the Forest to enter her brain, and "speak" to her.
Overall, one would think of the disruption of Chokma (# 2 Sephira- Wisdom) the intelligence behind the 2's, in the suit of Air (Swords); air being a suit born from the conflict of Water and Fire in marriage. Air/Swords is subject to change as no other suit, not only from the fire/water parentage but also when Earth appears the suit becomes crystallized.
Thoth-2 of swords-peace
In the Thoth Tarot, the 2 of Swords, shows two Swords of equal strength, crossed; they are combine by a 5 petal blue rose. The Blue Rose represents the Gnostic Sophia, and the Qabalistic Chokma) the Great Mother of Wisdom (Female aspect of Chokma), whose harmonizing influence, plus that of Libra, compounds the latent antagonism of the Suit of Swords. The pinwheel shaped white rays, are in a geometrical pattern that emphasizes the harmonic equilibrium of the 2. Peace is about the best word to describe this harmonic. Here is two minds united in the wisdom of Sophia.
The astrological meaning applied to the 2 of Air, is the Moon in Libra, implying, the need to bring about change in a harmonious, united and sociable way
When the Two of Swords and the 2 of Air is thrown:
- The querent will be or has been, experiencing peace after a quarrel that began two weeks, or two months ago.
- Peace is restored but some tension remains.
- There are two actions here, sometimes selfish and sometimes unselfish action because of the contradictory characteristics in the same nature (Moon in Libra, Fire and Water).
- There is Strength gained after suffering; sacrifice and trouble, yet strength arising from the effort.
- The querent may often show sorrow and sympathy for those in trouble and champion the weak and oppressed while also giving aid to them.
- There is an arrangement of differences that brings about justice and truth from untruth.
According to the ill dignity of the accompanying cards, the 2 of Swords or 2 of Air, could also mean:
- One is lacking tact, often doing injury when meaning well. There is also an inclination to repeat pardoned affronts.
- Unresolved conflicts.
- Since there is a balance of power, the tension cannot be diminished.