Learn a card a day!
Thoth- 9 of Disks-Gain
Lord of Material Gain
The Truth about Self- the Trestle Board;
#9-In thought, word and deed, I rest my life from day to day, upon the sure foundation of Eternal Being.
This colorful Thoth card represents gain on all levels that are physical and that influence the physical; Hence, emotional gain, spiritual gain, mental gain and physical gain. However, this is also Venus in the house of Virgo implying there is a certain lack of overt feelings.
The 9 of Disks suggests hitting the mark. A bull’s eye card, that shows you are financially right on the mark because your heart mind and soul are in union. In other words, you are passionately focused and have enabled gain on all levels of performance.
On this card the blue circle symbolizes wisdom linked with our loving nature, (the pink circle), in a creative way (which is the green circle). This card also shows us that by utilizing our dynamic creative male energy (shown as the top coins with the planetary signs of Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter) we shall experience such gain.
Saturn is the sign of the helmeted warrior who knows what his limits and boundaries are and paying attention to detail; the feathered cap symbol of Mars indicates that energy, vitality and assertion are a vital part of gain. Jupiter, the King, reminds us that flexibility, being open to opportunity that expands our leadership skills that are also needed to experience gain. But this is only half of gain, to be complete we need the feminine power of Maid, Mother and Crone, which are represented by the lower three coins.
- The Maid is the youthful bare headed feminine figure that is the power of Venus and reminds us that to follow our heart.
- The coin with the Feminine figure that has a Queen's hat (Mother) is Mercury, and reminds us that communication skills and nurturing leadership skills are needed to experience gain.
- The feminine figure with the Crescent Moon headdress is the Wise Woman (Crone) who reminds us that we must be true to ourselves and to be authentic in our actions.
This card is Yesod in Assiah and/or the influence of Yesod in the Material World. Yesod, meaning foundation, in the material world this influence is very favorable for amassing things, but with Venus in Virgo, there is a lack of overt feelings accompanying this great efficiency.
This efficient amassing of material things, is shown by the design complexity of Crowley's 9 of Disks. As he states in his book of Thoth, “The Disks are arranged as an equilateral triangle of three, apex upwards, close together; and surrounded at some distance by a ring, six larger disks in the form of a hexagram. This signifies the multiplication of the original established Word by the mingling of 'good luck and management'." Which says it all for this card.
Haindl- Nine of Stones- Material Gain
New Title: "Delight in Existence".
The Haindl- Nine of Stones, has 2 titles, because as Haindl progressed in his understanding of the cards, he found a new title would best express the card's all over meaning. The I Ching hexagram is, 14, Ta Yu, which Wing calls "Sovereignty" and Wilhelm titles "Possession in Great Measure".
The prudent approach of the Eight of Stones, has lead to a more developed situation, with greater stability than the earlier cards. To those who are not totally indoctrinated, they know that material gain is not an end in itself. However, without food, clothing, and shelter, people cannot begin to approach the spiritual path of receiving. Excessive wealth, like excessive poverty, are both rejected concepts to those who know the Earth as a sacred Being. Therefore, the new title, "Delight in Existence", makes it clear that the gain is not just money, but a world of sensuality and beauty. Besides, with Maid-Mother-Crone, the Trinity Goddess of the Cornucopia, material wealth, like wealth in produce, will soon spoil (Crone is incharge of spoilage/recycling) unless shared. In the world of monetary gain, this sharing of wealth is called prosperity. Money is renewed like vegetables, by plowing under the old and reseeding the ground with the new creates prosperity Hence, the Reverse I Ching hexagram, 13, Tung Jen, "Fellowship of men".
Book by Wing
Book by Wilhelm
When the 9 of Disks/Stones, is thrown during a reading it implies:
- Inheritance and/or material gain, sometimes within 9 weeks or 9 months or the querent is experiencing it now for those time periods.
- A certain amount of Integrity, skill and talent has produced material gain and a sense of accomplishment.
- This is a purely material gain card, where talent and skill has come together in either a beginning stage of material gain or a good flowing gain on into wealth.
- That within the next 9 weeks or 9 months there is physical gain shown by organizing things and following your heart.
- You are to be dynamically assertive (electric male force) and magnetically receptive (female force) which is following your heart and what has deep meaning to you.
- Financial luck.
If ill defined by accompanying cards (Thoth) or reversed (Haindl) it implies;
- It could mean a lack of discipline in material matters and the failure that comes with it.
- Empty plans.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you with good fortune. May you live long and prosper.