thoth-8 of disks-prudence
Thoth- 8 of Disks-Prudence:
The 8 of Disks represents talent, skill, craft, learning, and practical ideas being turned into a profitable profession.
The central image of the card symbolizes the harvest tree where hard work and skill have become fruitful and now you only need await the ripening of the harvest. This can be called the Master’s card, as mastery of a skill is depicted here; Skillful manipulation of physical material with talented fingers along with prudent thoughts and the wisdom to coordinate both.
At the top of this colorful card is the Sun sign and at the bottom of the harvest tree is the astrological sign of Virgo. Virgo reminds us that by attending to details and utilizing our organizational skills, we shall repeat the just harvest. Trust in your skills is the foundation of this harvest rather than the need for control; only a deep abiding trust in your skills will reap the just reward as harvest follows the ordered skill of the prudent mind.
Prudence and wisdom are qualities of patient skill, not pushing to make things happen nor holding back or resisting. The coins have blossomed, the patient skill of wisdom and prudence has prevailed and the successful harvest is shown by the protective leaves that hold back chaos. There is no place for doubt in this card it is a manifested Trust of skill.
Again, the Thoth Deck 8 of Disks is called PRUDENCE. Disks are Pentacles or Coins, in other decks. But Disks is an appropriate symbol, something on which Crowley and I both agree. Disks must be stabilized by a spinning motion, a circular rotational force, in order to hit their mark. Even the atoms of rocks are spinning in a centrifugal manner, so when representing the earthly powers, the spinning of the Disk, with its internal spin best shows force and form joined as one presence in the crystalline light, again showing us that solids are just illusions of electric motion held within a magnetic vessel.
The 8 of Disks-Prudence, is Hod in Assiah, the material World. The Sun is in Virgo and the angels of this Decan are; Akaiah and Kehethel.
In astrology, Virgo is noted to be a very practical sign which tends to cause over-concern with small details. Therefore, this card comes with a caveat; Don't pay so much attention to details, that you cannot see the whole picture or as the British would say, don't be a penny wise and a pound foolish. If that doesn't explain it well enough, how about the American folk saying of , "One who can't see the forest through the trees." It is easy to get so bound up in the details that one is unable to see the great panorama. Because this is an 8*, any gain that prudence gives is mostly skill in material creation. The message in divination, is that of skill, prudence, and over-carefulness about small things, at the expense of the larger. But because Hod is represented by Mercury and Mercury is exalted in Virgo, there is also predilection for intelligent loving, involving material matters such as, agriculture, artistic craftsmanship, and engineering. The placing of the Sun in Virgo suggests birth, as well, thus the disks are arranged in the Gemantic figure Populus, a figure of 4 matching lines of double dots, looking like a traditional domino. This figure of Populus represents independent learning. Therefore, these disks are then shown as flowers of a Great Tree, rooted solidly in fertile lands.
*The numerology number 8 is a number of material acquisition. The numerology number 8 is a building number. It builds things. 8 is a business and finance number that builds companies, institutions, roads, procedures, and other things of value to society. The number 8 is the most material number of all.
the tarot of the ages-eight of coins
The Tarot of The Ages-Eight of Coins, depicts a Hindu personage, climbing a great tree. However, he is being very prudent with his movement, as dangerous serpents represent hazards that arise from not paying attention to the details. He must grasp the right limbs to pick the fruits of his experiences, and must also test them before putting his full weight on them. Hence, the eight of coins represents a depiction of a journeyman in a material skill. He is climbing towards his Mastery. Therefore, the same message of the Thoth 8 of Disks applies to this Tarot of The Ages- Eight of Coins card.
When the 8/eight of Disks/coins is thrown in a divination, it implies:
- A moment of creative birth within 8 weeks or 8 months, requiring the practice of physical caution, carefulness, and prudence.
- A type of physical wisdom radiating from an inner place of balance and integration.
- Making sure that all the bases are covered and that every "t" crossed and every "i" dotted.
- Making intelligent choices so that the material world more closely conforms to one's needs.
- The possibility of turning a talent or skill into a profession.
- Skill in work with energy and forms, such as fingers working on a manipulative substance.
- That in the next 8 weeks or 8 months you can experience the harvest of your skill, prudence and wisdom. All from you’re organizing or attending to details.
- This card may also mean that all that you have learned or are learning will facilitate new growth in a skillful financial endeavor in the next 8 weeks or 8 months especially if you pay attention to details. This financial endeavor could involve Virgo people (August 21 to September 21) or harvesting a fertile relationship with important Virgo people in your life.
- This card represents a wise state of mind that operates from a foundation of prudence, centered integration, and Order rather than from chaos.
- Quickness to learn.
If ill defined by surrounding cards:
- Lack of ambition.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010