Above all things, know thyself!
Thoth- 6 of Swords-Science
#6. In all things great and small, I see the beauty of the Divine Expression.
The Dark Santa Muerte Tarot- six of Crystals
The complete interpretation of the Thoth 6 of Swords card is the perfect balance of all mental and moral facilities, hardly won and almost impossible to hold in an ever-changing world. The 6 of Swords is the science of the Spiritual- Mind that is both objective and fair-witnessing, which is an aspect of our Psyche but not as often used as it should be. The Science card is also called: Lord of Earned Success the Angels of the Decan are: Rehaayal and Yeyezeil. The 6 of Swords is influenced by Tiphareth, the golden Sephiroth, in the Astral-Formative World of Yetzirah. Therefore, in Yetzirah all form begins.
The 6 swords, suggesting the form of the holy hexagram, all join in the center of the Rosy cross; a Rosicrucian Cross, which is the universal symbol of integration, synthesis and blessing. This Rosy Cross indicates that the 6 of Swords represents the integrative mind that recognizes sources of inspiration that are sometimes unexplainable. The Thoth Card Represents the holistic mind which is symbolized by the circle while the crystalline diamond represents the crystal clear creative mind. This mind can consider many thoughts at once (the many pinwheels in the background) and integrating them into a whole clarity that is objectively communicated in such a way as to present a new perspective that is otherwise unseen. Suggesting a keen mind, with great communication skills, and one who is very curious and investigates both sides of an issue. Hence, the title of Science. This symbol also suggests the Universal Collective Unconscious, the Mother of all Consciousness. Here is the Mind that is Cosmic and works on both "sides of the Mirror" and/or bridges the Macrocosm and Microcosm.
Mercury is seen at the top of the card and Aquarius at the bottom, symbolizing Mercury in Aquarius. Mercury is the winged messenger (clear communication) and Aquarius is the New Age (new perspectives) symbolizing the ability to communicate new ideas in such an objective way that they are easily understood and heard. The Minor cards are all under the rule of a Sephirotic Intelligence. In the case of the 6's, it is the 6th Sephiroth Tiphareth- Beauty, i.e., the Soul or Sun (hermaphrodite) of the Divine Creative. The adept will find the initiation of Tiphareth the first of the Greater Initiations into the meaning of the Truth of Self. This Tiphareth initiation is literally a scarifying of all that we know to be indoctrinated-self, small ego (microcosm), and life as we have lived it. Here the sacrifice is not relinquishing the much desired something, but rather a transition of Force, from that of the will of lesser consciousness to the Pure Will of the Greater Self.; "Thy will be done" rather than, the self-absorbed ego's "my will be done".
The air sign of Aquarius, is ruled by Saturn, which tends to stabilize the fleeting qualities of Mercury. The positioning of Mercury in Aquarius, an intellectual sign, leads naturally to science and humanitarianism so success is the result of Saturn's work in this aspect. Now the cutting power of Swords is turned toward the positive, and the Rose is resurrected after being war torn in the 5 of Swords, related to the Severity of Saturn/Geburah. In the 6 of Swords, the swords all come together at a point in the restored Rose Cross of 6 squares, which in his Book of Thoth- Crowley calls, “The Rose Cross at the central secret of Scientific Truth." Thus, we have the definitive meaning of "success after anxiety and trouble", for the Way of the Cross is suffering before ascension and the number 6 is the number attributed to the "Dying Gods", whom of which we are related. This is because our bodies die, but our Psyche/Soul is immortal and reselects another form and therefore "lives again". Hence, the "resurrection" that is also common to the dying gods religions. Here, Tiphareth shows the perfect balance and idea of the card, as all moral and mental faculties are perfectly balanced, won by great effort, but hard to hold in an ever-changing world of political propaganda and commercialized morality. However, for now, The Spirit-Mind-Body union that is called the "Whole Being" and/or "Whole Self", are in equilibrium. The Swords are also displayed in the shape of Metatron's Cube, the symbol representing all creation.
The Dark Santa Muerte Tarot- Six of Crystals
The Dark Santa Muerte Tarot- Six of Crystals is far less metaphysical than the Thoth 6 of Swords. Here are 6 Deathhead moths carrying a crystal in an upward progression. Moths and/or Butterflies are the ancient representation of the Human Soul and the attached crystals are used to show purity of mind. The idea behind this card is that "troubles are behind". The time has come for a change of mind/perspective. On the horizon you've got a change towards good luck. However, being of a conservative nature you are afraid of everything new. This card suggests that you deal with your troubles, especially those that are about a trip you are planning to take.
When thrown during a reading, the 6 of swords/Six of Crystals, it implies that the querent is:
- Objective, logical and prone to logical thinking.
- Showing strong analytical ability, and displays logical scientific thinking both internally and outwardly.
- In 6 weeks or 6 months, problems will be ended, because the correct, logical things have been done or are being done.
- Communication patterns are logical, reliable and promote problem solving.
- There is a general acceptance of attitudes and belief systems that promote rhythmic and cyclic life style.
- The ability to see things as a whole objective perspective. Here, the mind is watching itself and aids in passage from one world of conscious perspective to another.
- Again, depending on the accompanying cards. When this card is thrown it indicates that in the next 6 weeks or 6 months it is important to look at things as they are rather than what you want them to be.
- It is important to be clear in your own mind so that you can successfully communicate new ideas or decisions in such a way as to be nonthreatening and easily heard.
- This card can also indicate that you should make a special effort to communicate clearly to the important Aquarian people in your life (January 21 to February 21).
- The Science-mind is clear, sharp and free of confusion, uncluttered with "should have beens" and "wannabes". It is a rare state of mind that is important to utilize.
- Travel by water.
If ill defined by the surrounding cards (Thoth) or Reversed (Dark Santa Muerte) it implies:
- Suggest confusion because of extreme mental activity producing conflicting thoughts.
- Ambiguity and indecision.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
Helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010
For information on a Western Hermetic Tarot Reading, or for Thoth Hermetic Tarot Classes, go to Tarot Price page @ elitarotstrickingly.com
Traditional Tarot Card Blog.