Learn a Card a Day - Above all things know thyself!
Thoth- 6 of Disks-Success
As always, the 6's are about a balance of trinities which makes them powerful and stable in dynamic movement.
The Thoth 6 of Disks card represents physical attainment, accomplishment and success. This is the harmonious energy of Earth, the balance of polarities have made fruitful the Son, Father, and Grandfather aspects of electric force and the Maid, Mother, and Crone aspects of magnetic force.
Here is the Moon in Taurus, a place the Moon is very happy to be as she is exalted there. However, the Moon is constantly changing, making this a temporary success. Yet, Tiphareth, the Sun, and 6th Sephiroth, comes to the rescue and adds its Midas touch to the cards in the layout. The 6 of Disks-Success, is aptly named The Lord of success, as the Moon is exalted in Taurus. Here the charm, subtleties, ebb and flow of the Moon are merging with the hard work and deliberate earth qualities of Taurus, ensuring success in business and other earthly matters. There is a great beauty here that comes from the balances of mental, emotional, and physical energy enhanced by the higher conscious states of self. Being Beauty---feels great! Beauty is not determined by fashion, nor culture, this is the Beauty of the Soul (solar self) that created me so it could be me! The great inner beauty of synchronicity; of a Trinity composed of Spirit-Mind-Body.
Generosity is shown here, as you now have enough success in physical health, finances, and emotional balance to assist others in their success. The Moon in Taurus, also suggests productivity (Taurus) and a deep inner satisfaction (The Moon) or a deep desire on the subconscious level. The foundation of creation vibrates from the deep passion and desire of Will-to-Be and the deep satisfaction of I AM! This being so, often to achieve success in any endeavor means that we must be in union with our inner master who built us as its masterpiece; the I AM. There is only diligence and doing indicated here. This is where the axiom," Above all things know thyself" really comes into its own. In Qabalah, it is stated that the Truth is I AM, what I am is an assumption.
The formula for success is indicated in the six planetary circles shown on this card:
1. Saturn represents success through discipline.
2. Jupiter reminds us that success is achieve by being open and flexible to options that may present themselves.
3. Venus reminds us of our beautiful heart and follow what has heartfelt meaning in our life.
4. The Moon indicates success attainable through following the truth of ourselves, by being authentic.
5. Mercury reminds us about how important organized well timed communication is important to success.
6. Mars reminds us to express continually steady energy into our professional or personal issues in order to achieve success...The Tortoise vs the Hare scenario, where rapid spurts of energy do not achieve success whereas steady on does. Success comes from deep within rather than the superficial without, which is symbolize in this card as the joining of the Western Cross (deep inner self integration) and the opening and blooming of successful achievement ( the Eastern symbol of success- the lotus/Western Rose). However, 6 is not only a number of accomplishment, but also that of Christ, Buddha consciousness. Thus a certain sacrifice is made for the" Number of the Dying gods", which means a definite personality deconstruction in order for the reconstruction that brings success.
The colors on the Thoth Deck Card, are somewhat muted in this rendition; However, the center glows in dawn's light of rose-madder, surrounded by three concentric circles of golden yellow, salmon-pink and amber. Suggesting Tiphareth, the Solar Self, fully realized on earth. The usual arrangement of the Planets, as disks, are being irradiated by the Sun/Son at the center. Again, Tiphareth is the Sun/Son and is here, idolized as the Rose and Cross. This is a forty nine pedaled Rose, implying the interplay of the Seven with the Seven. The Rose crucified on a cross of 5 squares, is a Masonic magical symbol for the Sun. The Feminine is never separate from the Masculine, it is their interplay that makes Life.
Haindl-Six of Stones-Success
The Haindl-Six of Stones, keeps the same title as the Thoth Tarot-6 of Disks. In the upper right, is displayed the I Ching Hexagram, 55, FENG, "Abundance". The Reverse I Ching Hexagram, 56, LU, "The Wanderer". The hole in the center of this card , is a pattern for the Rune, Hagall, with the whole in the middle providing the center point for the axes.The Hagal Rune represents the cross of the world, with the radix, the root, the hub in the middle, in the point of intersection of its branches, around which the world turns on its axis (spiritually as well as physically). As microcosm, it represents the human being, as macrocosm, it is the universe in its largest conceivable expansion.
This card indicates, wealth, joy and achievement. Therefore, it completely agrees with the Thoth 6 of Disks explanation The stones form 2 triangles, replicating the symbol of "As above, so below"..
When thrown during a reading, the 6 of Disks/Stones implies:
- Material attainment and accomplishment, but with a caveat dealt out by the law of Karma; you'll have to put out effort, to receive continued success.
- The successful cycle of income or security is steady and predictable.
- That the querent is also generous, sharing the wealth, giving people what they are willing to receive.
- The 6 of Disks/Pentacles also suggests that money owed will be paid and the querent shall receive what is rightfully theirs.
- That in the next 6 weeks or 6 months, you have the opportunity for success if you follow the formula for success as represented by the six planets presented in this card.
- That in the next 6 weeks or months, you will experience being successful in producing something deeply satisfying and important to you.
- That success is only temporary moment of repose and we must be flexible to new options to keep on succeeding in our life motion.
If ill defined by the surrounding cards in the layout (Thoth) or reversed (Haindl) it implies:
- Moment beginning to end.
- Save money carefully during a period of prosperity.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010