Above all things, know thyself!
Thoth- 3 of Disks-Works
# 3. Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by moment, along the path of liberation.
The Dang Olsen Dream Tarot-3 of Smilies.
Thoth-3 of Disks-Works
The Thoth 3 of Disks-Works represents endurance, strong physical determination, and tenacity. This is the ability to give the "works" to what you want--- just like a hamburger "with the works". This is the card of nobility; that of trade, skilled labor, renown, and glory. The pyramid on the Thoth card symbolizes focused power as commitment and priority. The blue light surrounding the pyramid states the capacity for clarity; clarity about what you will or will not give your energy, mind, and body too. In other words, “the Works". The gray waves in the background represent confusion; However, this confusion has been broken through by the lighted pyramid of clear intention, clarity of priorities and commitments. The 3 red wheels represent the alignment of mind, heart and action and are the color of Geburah/ Mars/Aries, whose forces are behind this ternary action.
The astrological sign of Mars in Capricorn adorns this card, as Mars is the planet of activity, energy, vitality, and assertion. Capricorn represents the assertion of Mind, Heart, and Action with focused intention moving in the same direction of a tangible and secure manifestation. Also, Mars in Capricorn is the celestial ruler of this card. Placing Mars in its most exalted state. Therefore, when linked to Capricorn, the Martian energy is constructive, and he is an exceptional builder and engineer. To the Universal Self, "The Works" is Life Itself so when we align our body and soul (heart) and action towards priorities, commitments and/or what we wish to give "the works" to----we align with Universal Priorities which can enhance all that we are determined to do. All we must do is focus, and begin with what we have, then the Universal Priority of "I Will BE", will accelerate us towards our goal.
The Western Hermetic Qabalah- Tree of Life (the god molecule)
This card also represents the influence of Binah-the 3rd Sephiroth (Mother-Goddess) in the physical world. The 3 of Disks also represents trade, skilled labor, physical persistence, tenacity, endurance, and strong determination to get the job done. For the Alchemist and Qabalist Works represents the combinations of mercury, sulfur, and salt or the Hebrew material letters Aleph (air), Mem (water) and Shin (fire). Also illustrated on this Thoth card is the pyramid of crystallized forces rising out of the Great Sea of Binah (Universal Collective Unconscious).
Since this card represents the Divine Ability and our inherited ability to create material manifestation, it reminds us that we must keep heart and soul involved in our creativity to manifest our ideals. To see our dreams as children to be born and go about paying attention to detail and dedicate our heart and soul towards this goal. This is the love of being, to nurture our dream into fruition. To those who love creating---expressing their soul into material creation, diligence is the only time limit because they love the act of creating more than the goal attained. Such people are in -tune with the Great Work which is "As Above, so Below". It is not what you become that is important, it is being the whole of you that whole is important towards transforming an energetic presence. Living the Now, as a trinity of Spirit-Mind-Body, is better than hoping to be living a future fantasy---which is a mental liquid and only swirls to the currents of your present e-motion!
Qabalists know the Triangle/Trinity that begins all birth as many combinations of 3. Maid-Mother-and Crone, each a special perspective on Womb-rite of Ocean-Rain-and River, united with Father-Son- and Holy Spirit, rite of Phallus-Sun-Energy, each a process of Life or Ocean-Sun-and Earth and each an active part of the stable foundation of the Mind, which is made up of Unconscious, (The Spirit Mind of Universal Unconscious) subconscious (brain) and awake- conscious. I can go on and on about the O that equals 2, whose union produces 3, but in all cases, fertilization is achieved, and a child can be born when all 3 are aligned in agreement.
- The 3 of Wands is called Virtue, and/or The Lord of Virtue (Husbandry), for in this state of conscious energy, the idea of will and dominion has become interpreted in Character.
- The 3 of Cups is called Abundance and/or the Lord of Abundance where the idea of Love has come to fruition. The 3's on the Tree of Life are where we begin seeing definite differentiation between the suits, giving birth to the idea of division----so that "many can be made from the One who is 3/Trinity".
- The idea of division, of mutability, which is the "airy' quality of things, is made manifest in the 3 of Swords. The 3 of Swords is named SORROW Not the vulgar sorrow of individual discontent or disappointment but the Sorrow of the Dark Binah, and of the Dark Isis. In German, this great sorrow is called Weltschmerz, the universal sorrow. It is the quality of Melancholy. I find it easier to understand the 3 of Swords by understanding the Great Mother's sorrow over her seeing the Bright Shimmering Beauty of Her Children and because of "freedom of choice", unable to intervene when watching her children become ugly in their own minds as they identify themselves as monsters. All of which happens when fear is the foundation of our ideas/identity rather than Love.
- The 3 of Disks (Pentacles) exhibits the crystallization/coagulation of forces, which is the idea of Earth. There is an obvious manifestation of Work having been done. This is also often called the Great Work and/or the invisible Life forced creating the Alive. This may make more sense to you if you remember that the “other side of the Mirror", is the Dark Place where Life is the Supernal Triangle of the Tree of Life, and the Alive are the Child (Knowledge) made manifest from this Union of Conscious Energy (Willed Forces), that combine to make the Crystallization/Coagulation of Light on the Reflective side of the Mirror! This conceptualization of a two-sided mirror goes far in explaining why "Mirror Magic' is so often used to ensure manifestation of idea into a "living expression".
A lot has been said, but few understand that the body is merely a Reflection, of your I AM; the invisible you who is most of the Self. (You are 99.6% space). It is in the Dark, warmth, of your "infinite light" (Spirit) that all Life comes from (infinity can't be seen, as it has no measurement, and therefore, "dark"). The body is Alive, is not Life, as it is the condensed version of, I AM Me; Me being an assumption! As stated, the body reflects what the I Am defines as Life/Self. Think well from your deep dark places and own your "shadow" and harmonize its motion with that of the light that you are. This harmony of motion is necessary to be Alive and Well!
It pays to remember this axiom, “Do unto another as you would have done to you."...for that is a Triangle of 3---Idea, Cause, and effect. It is unbreakable in its stability. So, it pays to know what your ideas create. If you identify "Others" instead of "Another’s" (everyone I see is Another way to be Me.) you will keep lessening yourself until your life force can no longer sustain the body health and balance. Hence, to think less of others is to lessen yourself and is a practice of black magic which destroys the practitioner. Your thoughts, ideas, and opinions only affect the Cause of Your self- Identity. Your Reflection in the outside world is from your deeply held inner emotional thoughts, which are the first material the mind works with, into "aliveness". Your body is the only one who feels/receives your thoughts and then must enact them when they are emoted. Hence, the cause of the effect you call "lifetime", is the Identity you call yourself. We are not responsible for how "others" react to us; We are, however, the response and/or the reaction to our own thought! Others are just another way to be Divine Children; Children who have the Goddess given Freedom of Choice; gifted Divine Children, who have a right to their own identities, be they ill or well thought out. For only by experiencing error to do we find correction, and only by correction do we become wise. Love is a form of intelligence as it is both wise and understanding---not the act of a divided simpleton but of a Powerful ternary whole Spirit Being who is Spirit-Mind-Body; To Love Being----is to be love.
Therefore, the wise among us know that to be able to "think" means you are not the effect called Thought, but the Cause of it. The I Am is the truth, what I am is all assumption. So, my thoughts aren't "my precious", they are the cause that affects the Alive and hopefully ordered enough to work effectively. Thoughts are not made of stone, knowing this I then have the Knowledge to make, and remake thought to improve the function of my body, rather than think that I am the thought I think and must errantly defend those thoughts to the death. Thoughts must be ordered and focused on an intent; besides, the "me" is supposed to die (Transform back to organic matter) for it is measured and we control measurement as life/death, both of which are inseparable while also being the motor behind transformation.
The Spirit-Mind union knows that Self-Reflection requires bodies! To make Thought Sensual, is necessary to create a screening process of discernment and/or experience. We are a creative Spirit-Mind who can devote our thought controlled “time/space" to "expanding and liberating" the Body from the survival thinking of the animal domain, i.e., the False Ego. This in turn expands and liberates self-awareness! By the feelings of Love or Fear generated by the Communion of idea with a sensual- living laboratory where ideas become experimental processes that either free the body from the past or bind it to the illusions of the past. Idea alone is not enough to properly operate the Alive! Life depends on the Threesome of the Divine Wedding, which is the triangle made of Idea, the Union of Wisdom and Understanding, to create the Beautiful Bright Child called knowledge which when intimately experienced becomes in-form-action and/or experienced knowledge and/or Wisdom!
When you understand the 3's, you begin to understand your inherited Godhood.
The view of the Thoth card is that of a pyramid as seen from above its apex. The three wheeled base represents the three Mother Letters of the Hebrew alphabet, Aleph (Air), Shin (Fire), and Mem (Water) or the alchemical system of Mercury, Sulphur (old English spelling), and Salt. If you are of the Hindu persuasion, the three wheels represent the Three Gunas, Rajas, Sattva, and Tamas.
Qualities of the three gunas
|Truth / Goodness
|Inertia & inactivity
|Passion, desire & attachment
|Light, harmony & balance
|Darkness, delusion & ignorance
|Mass / matter / heaviness
To a Qabalist, the Great Work is to make the "As above, so below", which is a process of "Above all things, know thyself", all of which is achieved by remembering the Spiritual journey "down" the Tree of Life by consciously traveling "back up" and thus opening our personalities to the Great Personality that began this process of Macrocosm to Microcosm condensation of I AM Me. To "Remember thyself", is to know your divinity, not just believing in it. Therefore, part of the Great Work is to establish a "Knowing Evolutionary" state of “expanding and liberating" the animal brain from subconscious survival thinking limits that keep it from Wisdom. To a Qabalist, Wisdom is the ability to "create-see error-and correct it", for we know that Wisdom is 50% error, and 50% correction; to the animal brain to make error is feared as a survival blunder thus keeping it from progressing emotionally as it lives in fear of past mistakes, never approaching wisdom. The wise know that we must make mistakes when creating in a "cause and effect" universe, as entropy is part of all material creation. Entropy (called "evil" by the ancients"), is always seeking to "proceed from order to disorder (2nd law of Thermodynamics), and the Universal solution to that chaos, is to keep up motion by constantly changing/transforming identity. In other words, "to expand and liberate" creation from previous boundaries.
The Heavenly Human
If you know yourself at all, you will know that the Human Being is the Solution to conscious limitations. We have the "Mind of Goddess/God", often called Imagination and rationale; Imagination is what I call "the Womb with a view” who has created Time/Space by Understanding "form". Thus, when linked with our Source, we can see beyond our senses, we can plot and give birth to futures. We are the inheritors of visionary sight and thereby, see beyond the entropy of the moment. Rationale means to "add measurement "to manifest idea into an ordered "life". To know thyself, is to know that the moment doesn't contain you and that it is just a moment of assumption, whereas you, are a Master of Time /Space and have the power to change moments/assumptions, just by perspective or observation alone. Therefore, by controlling and understanding thoughts of "I AM", one can change their future and become the "Great Work" of "As above, so Below"!
I Am the Divine Spirit who seeks intimacy through flesh to unite with all creation!
The Dang Olsen Dream Tarot-3 of Smilies.
The Dang Olsen Dream Tarot - 3 of Smilies card represents the payoff of mastering and improving your skills and the knack to bring order to a project. Due to dedication and diligently improving your skills or your job is looking to reward you handsomely as shown by the 3 Smilies hovering in the air. This card states that you have the talent to see it through. Therefore, don't stop now! Here, teamwork makes the dream work. We have one being laying the brick work of the sky motif and two other beings reading the maps/instructions while pointing out the next step.
The Dream Tarot 3 of Smilies is easily compared to the Rider-Waite-Smith 3 of Pentacles tarot card with similar meanings. This is a card of mastery and perfection. Therefore, a good card for undertaking self-improvement projects and for learning new things. Of course, this includes life lessons.
Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot- Three of Pentacles.
When the 3/Three of Disks/Pentacles is thrown, the querent is or will be experiencing:
- Paid employment, in the next three weeks or 3 months.
- Successful business transactions from working and constructive force.
- Building up, erecting, and realization and increase of material things.
- Cleverness in business entertains a certain selfishness as they are keen on the matter of gain.
- A time of inventing, engineering, and creating where all things material is moving together within 3 weeks or 3 months.
- Communal work, where working together brings about success. I
- Trump (Major Arcana) surrounds as the Three of Disks. The querent is on the Spiritual journey of the Great Work and is accomplishing the Task of Remembering the "As above", thus manifesting it "so below".
- When thrown out this card declares that the next 3 weeks or 3 months is the best time to get clear on your priorities, commitments and to determine what you are willing to give "the works" to.
- It is also the best time to reassess or clarify your relationships with Capricorn people (December 21- January 21). This is a time where clarity seems to come out of nowhere allowing you to clearly see priorities and commitments that you wish to tenaciously stick to making them solid and stable in your life.
If ill dignified by the accompanying cards, it implies:
- Represents narrow and prejudiced thought.
- Seeking the impossible.
- Senseless fervor.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you and keeps me from needing advertisers to pay for and clutter up this site. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.
Home page, Tarot Store, Master Thoth Tarot Classes, and nontraditional tarot card comparisons blog.
Traditional Tarot Card Comparisons Blog.