Thoth- 2 of Swords-Peace
Through me its unfailing wisdom takes form in thought and word.
The celestial attribution of the 2 of Swords, is the Moon in Libra; the Moon is change, but Nature is inherently peaceful which enhances the balancing nature of Libra, implying, the need to bring about change in a harmonious, united and sociable way.
Overall, one would think of the disruption of Chokma (# 2 Sephira- Wisdom) in the suit of Air (Swords); air being a suit born from the conflict of Water and Fire in marriage. Air/Swords is subject to change as no other suit, not only from the fire/water parentage but also when Earth appears the suit becomes crystallized. Here, the Mind/Ego is at peace. However, Swords are the death suit of the Tarot, and swords are also implements of War. A Sword is an instrument of action, just like the ego, which tells us it is the "true mind" and it is therefore, your mind. Both of which are illusion. You are the Solar Psyche, a Celestial Psyche and not the self-centered mind that comes from the Rauch, the intellectual part of emanating from the Soul to the body as a constant motion of "thinking". This is the "false mind" that the Eastern mystics call the "great enemy" and the Qabalist call the "devil". As Souls of the Divine Creative we have access to the Higher Mind, that is known as the Greater Self and /or the Consciousness of the Divine Creative. The False Mind/Ego of "survival thinking" must be overcome if we are to achieve the "Heavenly Human" status of Adam Khadmond and/or the Higher State of Self where consciousness becomes the Supernal Trinity. However, the 2 of Swords is a sigh of relief from this battle with the ego, as we are at momentary peace both mentally and spiritually.
Adam Khadmon- "The Heavenly Human" ( Divine Hermaphrodite)
In the Thoth Tarot, the 2 of Swords, shows 2 Swords of equal strength, crossed; they are combined by a 5 petal blue rose. The Blue Rose represents the Gnostic Sophia, ---and the Qabalistic Chokma. Binah is the Great Mother of Wisdom (Female aspect of Chokma), whose harmonizing influence, plus that of Libra, compounds the latent antagonism of the Suit of Swords. The pinwheel shaped white rays, are in a geometrical pattern that emphasizes the harmonic equilibrium of the 2. Peace is about the best word to describe this harmonic. Here are two minds united in the wisdom of Sophia.
The Dark Santa Muerte Tarot- Two of Crystals
The Dark Santa Muerte- Two of Crystals displays a bandaged skull with 2 crystals on opposite sides of the head. There are roses about, implying love and friendship. Here also is displayed the 2 polar opposites of electric and magnetic forces trying to get together and achieve a harmonic balance in a damaged head. Here is represented a state of hopelessness that is characterized by a rich imagination. The roses show that you are close to others, but are afraid to ask for help. Here then are emotions of shyness, restraint, and kindness. Therefore, this card recommends that you risk it and ask for assistance. Inside each of us is an inner Buddha whose wisdom is often not heard or seen through the fog of fear-based emotions. Here, a good friend can help, as they are not in that fog and may see clearly, giving you the answers you many not want, but often need. A very good Tarot reader will also be a great help when one is in such an emotional state.
When the 2 of Swords/Two of Crystals is thrown:
- The querent will be or has been, experiencing peace after a quarrel that began two weeks, or two months ago.
- Peace is restored but some tension remains.
- There are two actions here, sometimes selfish and sometimes unselfish action because of the contradictory characteristics in the same nature (Moon in Libra, Fire and Water).
- There is Strength gained after suffering; sacrifice and trouble, yet strength arising from the effort.
- The querent may often show sorrow and sympathy for those in trouble and champion the weak and oppressed while also giving aid to them.
- All in all, the Two of Swords, is a balancing of two strong individual minds, who have found greater profit in agreement rather than in conflict.
- There is an arrangement of differences that brings about justice and truth from untruth.
- Reconciliation of differences.
According to dignity of the accompanying cards, the ill dignity of the 2 of Swords (Thoth) or Reversed -Dark Santa Muerte Two of Crystals could also mean:
- One is lacking tact, often doing injury when meaning well.
- There is also an inclination to repeat pardoned affronts.
- Unresolved conditions of tension.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010
Home page, Tarot Store and nontraditional Tarot Card Comparisons blog.
Traditional Tarot Blog.