Thoth- 2 of Swords-Peace
Through me its unfailing wisdom takes form in thought and word.
The celestial attribution of the 2 of Swords, is the Moon in Libra; the Moon is change, but Nature is inherently peaceful which enhances the balancing nature of Libra, implying, the need to bring about change in a harmonious, united and sociable way.
Overall, one would think of the disruption of Chokma (# 2 Sephira- Wisdom) in the suit of Air (Swords); air being a suit born from the conflict of Water and Fire in marriage. Air/Swords is subject to change as no other suit, not only from the fire/water parentage but also when Earth appears the suit becomes crystallized. Here, the Mind/Ego is at peace. However, this is the death suit of the Tarot, and swords are implements of War. It is an instrument of action, just like the ego, which tells us it is the "true mind" and it is therefore, you. Both of which are a lie. You are the Solar Psyche, not the egoic mind that comes from the Rauch, the intellectual part of the Soul, which is in constant motion. This is the "false mind" that the Eastern mystics call the "great enemy" and the Qabalist call the "devil". This False Mind/Ego must be overcome if we are to achieve the "Heavenly Human" status of Adam or Eve Khadmond and/or the Higher State of Self where consciousness becomes the Supernal Trinity. However, the 2 of Swords is a sigh of relief from this battle as we are at momentary peace mentally and spiritually.
Adam Khadmon- "The Heavenly Human"
In the Thoth Tarot, the 2 of Swords, shows2 Swords of equal strength, crossed; they are combine by a 5 petal blue rose. The Blue Rose represents the Gnostic Sophia, ---and the Qabalistic Chokma. Binah is the Great Mother of Wisdom (Female aspect of Chokma), whose harmonizing influence, plus that of Libra, compounds the latent antagonism of the Suit of Swords. The pinwheel shaped white rays, are in a geometrical pattern that emphasizes the harmonic equilibrium of the 2. Peace is about the best word to describe this harmonic. Here is two minds united in the wisdom of Sophia.
Sirian Starseed Tarot- Two of Orbs
The Sirian Starseed- Two of Orbs displays a woman, who could represent the Goddess- Blue Sophia known for her Wisdom, holding 2 orbs, one above the other. Here also is displayed the 2 polar opposites of electric and magnetic forces trying to get together and achieve a harmonic balance. She is poised gracefully on a path that leads from the deep waters of her subconscious and intuitive unconscious mind, suggesting that she can draw from the sources of instinct and intuition as needed as she ponders the 2 interesting options presented to her. Reflective and peaceful, she is moving out of the deep waters of the emotional body, through the haze that it is often encompassed in the hours of greatest need, onto the higher ground of the Greater Self and/or higher mind. Definitely a card of peace.
When the 2 of Swords/Two of Orbs is thrown:
- The querent will be or has been, experiencing peace after a quarrel that began two weeks, or two months ago.
- Peace is restored but some tension remains.
- There are two actions here, sometimes selfish and sometimes unselfish action because of the contradictory characteristics in the same nature (Moon in Libra, Fire and Water).
- There is Strength gained after suffering; sacrifice and trouble, yet strength arising from the effort.
- The querent may often show sorrow and sympathy for those in trouble and champion the weak and oppressed while also giving aid to them.
- All in all, the Two of Swords, is a balancing of two strong individual minds, who have found greater profit in agreement rather than in conflict.
- There is an arrangement of differences that brings about justice and truth from untruth.
- Reconciliation of differences.
According to dignity of the accompanying cards, the ill dignity of the 2 of Swords/Orbs could also mean:
- One is lacking tact, often doing injury when meaning well.
- There is also an inclination to repeat pardoned affronts.
- Unresolved conditions of tension.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010