Above all things, know thyself!
Thoth-Queen of Disks
The Spiral Tarot-Queen of Pentacles
In Western Hermetic Magic, the Tarot Queen of Disks/Pentacles/Coins/Crystals is known as The Queen of the Thrones of Earth; Queen of the Gnomes.
The placement of the Queens is with the 3rd Sephiroth-Mother Binah who is the "Will to Form" and is a force of enclosure that is imposed on the Pure Fiery "Will to Force" Energy of Chokmah (King) as Understanding. She is therefore known for Understanding the Wisdom of Chokmah; for an idea, once understood, can be molded/enclosed into manifestation as in-form-action. Information becomes in-form-action, so that it can be experienced, thereby, becoming Knowledge.
Western Hermetic Qablah-Tree of life
Again, these Sephirotic Beings (Numbered Circles) are not Persons, but States of Conscious Energy, called "Beings" (Immortals) that are the multidimensional aspects that make up the "God Molecule" (Tree of Life) and the Divine Universal Collective Unconscious and/or The Greater Self, meaning the deep Imagination, where images are forms of ideas. Images are the only way to realize these deep inner layers of Mind and that "before Mind". Tarot is one of the Image languages that has evolved over time, by constant scholarly input, to communicate with the Higher Mind; language is added to the cards, but it is the image that contains the true message. The immortal Being that is known as Mother Binah is the 3rd Sephiroth on the Tree of Life, and the Energy Intelligence of the Queens. She is in the upper Trinity called the Supernal Triangle where she is the essence of Cosmic Womb, and I often call this state of Mind a "Womb with a View", because she conceives by Understanding, which means she sees all and by understanding she creates image.
The Great Dark Ocean of Binah & the All seeing "I".
Chinese-Kunti-Queen of the Heavens
The Queens also represent the Water in each suit. Water being intuition, receptiveness and emotion. They are enthroned in the Element of Consciousness and as emotions make it bring forth the Force of the King by realization and understanding that which develops that force. As consciousness does to emotionally charged idea.
Thoth-Queen of Disks
The Thoth Queen of Disks, is traditionally called the Queen of Pentacles, Stones/ Coins or Crystals and is also Queen of the Thrones of Earth in Tarot. She is the Queen of the Gnomes, in Western Magick. Her Astrological attribution is last Decan of Sagittarius and the first two Decans of Capricorn. The Queen of Disks is Water of Earth, a specific consciousness in the Primal Earth element. Most of us call her "Mother Nature". Her zodiacal attribute to Capricorn is shown by the image of the Goat.
The Thoth Deck Queen of Disks is displaying her rulership over earth as shown in the crystal cubed scepter that has within it a three-sided Hexagram, making The Pure White Light of Kether, into the many frequencies (colors) of Energy that are intertwined to make the different flora and fauna of the Microcosm . Her Throne is vegetation as she is the life of such. She is the Highest Aspect of passivity and this is shown as a winding passive river flowing through and fertilizing waste land. The Great Work is ultimately expressed in fertility, where the "As the Above manifests in the below". She, as Queen, is the facilitator of such manifestation.
The Disk on her left arm is curved with loops and spheres interlaced, representing the ambition of matter to take part in the Great Work. This ambition is often described as a molecular fecund motion. This is also shown by the Spiral Horns of the Makor (Wild Goat native to Central Asia also shown standing on the sphere of earth) on Her helmet/crown, as Spiral force which is both Spirit and Vital Life Force. The reptilian patterned armor of the Queen represents the regenerative force in nature as serpents shed their skin to grow larger.
Tarot personality birth wheel
This Thoth-Queen or The Spiral Tarot card can represent a person, in any area of life, but it can just as well mean an experience in the corresponding area in question. As a personality, she represents a mature woman, the ultimate Matriarch, with much experience with both of her feet on the ground who knows how to protect what is entrusted to her. Here is the embodiment of vitality, creativity, understanding how to set boundaries and assert herself. Hence, patience, sensuality, and trustworthiness are her essential characteristics. She has an empathetic and impressive ability to guide others, as teacher, mentor and/or spouse. The Queen is the female counterpart to the King, she is the Yin aspect to his Yang. She is queen, priestess, medicine woman, and earth mother.
The Spiral Tarot - Queen of Pentacles, represents a kind, practical person who enjoys the good things in life. To her, status is important and she works hard to maintain appearances. Liking to be of service, she sometimes can appear selfish, although she is a good lover. She shown wearing a crown studded with amethyst jewels and holding a scepter, with a large amethyst stone crowning it.
Amethyst-From the Blog of:
What is/was amethyst used for?
- Because of its unique healing energy, amethyst has been used for a variety of health conditions throughout the ages.
- Amethyst gained its name from the ancient Greek word meaning “Ametusthos”, meaning “not intoxicated”. The ancient Greeks wore amethyst and carved drinking vessels from it, in the belief that it would prevent intoxication.
- Amethyst is a violet variety of quartz that contains iron and other minerals within its structure, often used in jewelry because of its hardness and stability.
- Medieval European soldiers wore it as protection in battle, believing that amethyst heals people and keeps them cool-headed.
- It’s the birthstone for February and known as the zodiac stone for Pisces.
- Amethyst is recognized as a stone of spirituality and contentment. It enhances spiritual awareness and promotes a higher state of consciousness. It’s well known for its metaphysical abilities to calm the mind and helps to inspire an enhanced meditative state.
- Amethyst stimulates the third eye crown and etheric chakras. It helps in enhancing cognitive perception as well as accelerating the development of intuitive and psychic abilities.
- Its inherent high frequency purifies the aura of any negative energy or attachments and creates a protective shield of light around the body.
- It was also reputed to control evil thoughts and increase intelligence. It initiates wisdom and greater understanding.
- It has been believed that amethyst helps you to apply your intellectual powers to any difficult situation you might face.
- It helps in developing an ability to think more clearly and decision making. It works deeply on the emotional level to help in building the skill to recognize emotional patterns.
- It’s known as a stone of comfort for those grieving the loss of a loved one.
- It has a great positive effect on creativity and imaginative power by enhancing the intuition. It also helps in the assimilation of new ideas and putting thoughts into action.
- It helps in relieving stress and anxiety. This crystal attracts positive energy and helps in removing negative emotions such as fear, depression, and anxiety.
- It also helps in increasing the mental focus by amplifying the creative elements of the universal life force in you.
Many think that the Earth as a Mother and Intelligent Being is a fantasy. However, in my past, I spent 5 years of Shamanic drumming work, alone with the wild land, living in a Blackfoot Teepee in the high desert of Montana and I was able to contact and communicate with the Great Her, that is Earth. I call her "Hairy Mari", for she is wild, free, and most lovely. She greets me as "Husband", and shared with me her love, dreams, and future for Homo Sapiens Sapiens (and Anu Sapien Sapiens). I am totally enthralled with this Matriarch of Life. The Fantasy is ignoring her as an intelligent loving mother and thinking she is a dead rock that can be exploited for the greed of few.
The Greeks knew this Queen of Earth as Demeter, goddess of the harvest and latter she became the European /American symbol of the cornucopia.
The Water of Earth manifests in many complex and diverse ways, and these are reflected in the broad spectrum of personalities who embody the ambition of matter to take part in creation. Hence, the Queen of Disks can be strong and charismatic, like the Queen of Disks personality of Joan of Arc or just talented and charismatic like Elvis Presley. Then there is the ruthless and manipulative side of this Queen of Disks persona, such as: Catherine of Aragon, Joseph Stalin, Mao-Tso-Tung, and Richard Nixon. However, there is also a sensitive and idealistic side to this Water of Earth personality, such as: Woodrow Wilson, George Washington Carver, or Carl Sandburg. Being Water of Earth, there is also a strong intuitive and superior intelligence side, such as: Nostradamus, Johannes Kepler, Isaac Newton, and Stephen Hawking. And if you think this covers all the bases of complexity in this personality type, this Queen of Disks persona can also be a giant of creative force (She is Mother Nature after all), such as: Ludwig Van Beethoven, J.R.R. Tolkien, or Steven Spielberg. All of whom were born between Dec. 22rd and Jan. 19th. Just proving that Earth/Gaia, is also an integral part of humanity and will often change the world of man through her powerful, manifested, personalities. This shouldn't be a surprise for She is quantumly entangled with all of us!
When thrown during a reading, the Queen of Discs/Pentacles represents:
- A person interested in physical nutrition and health.
- A shedding of poor eating habits for those of a new diet.
- A shedding of old habits, or even the purchasing of new clothes.
- the querent does all things she can do, well and it will be fruitful
- One of a high level of compassion, nurturing abilities. Loving physical life and all it has to offer.
- One who is exceptionally procreative and nurturing, as in the nature of Mothering.
- Power of practical wisdom on the physical level and in the inner world, applied spiritual wisdom.
- A dark woman of great heart and serious cast of intelligence.
- Also implies presents from a rich relative or a rich and happy marriage for a young man.
- Erda, the Teutonic Mother Earth seen as a warm and nurturing deity.
- The Good Witch of the healing arts.
- The nurturing and protecting of others.
If ill defined by the surrounding cards , it implies:
- Hardening of the heart.
- The Poisson making "Witch".
- Loss of personal center.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses your prosperity. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010
Home page, Tarot Store, Master Tarot Classes, and nontraditional Tarot Card Comparisons.
Traditional Tarot Card Comparisons blog.