Thoth-Prince of Wands
The prince of the chariots of fire.
Tiphareth-the 6th Sephiroth and the Four Princes :
The Princes are the Son of the Queen and King, thus they are governed by Tiphareth, The Son/Sun of Goddess/God and/or The Divine Creative.
The Princes are wholly activated by the Queen and King, adding to their complexity as they have no motive power of their own. They are a rapid force, but a stable one, as they are being pulled along in their chariots.
The Figures of the Arch Fairies (Elementals) are the Lion, Eagle, Man and Bull. These are the 4 Kerubim of Qaballah. They are very ancient symbols for the elements of multiple religious belief systems. Not only appearing as Gods of the Assyrians, the Four Animals in the Old Testament vision of Ezekiel, they also are the four symbols of the Christian Evangelists,
In the vast eternity of Kether, the Primordial Elements radiate into Tiphareth, becoming the united rulers of the elements that are individually expressed in Tiphareth. Anthropomorphically personified, The Princes are the balance of the 4 Elements in Tiphareth. Being the most refined aspects of the Solar- Personality, the 4 Princes are the Elemental Kings in our own Psyche.
It should be no surprise then that the Princes can be taken in any direction by Divine Will.
Therefore, the Fiery forces of the Prince of Wands may be applied with Justice or cruelty;
- The unconscious flowing motion of the Prince of Cups may be subtle and artistic; or it may be evil.
- The rational mental activities of the Prince of Swords, may produce ideas that are either creative or destructive .
- The material qualities of the Prince of Disks, may cause growth for good or evil. The Grounding Element for the Prince's lessons, are the Princesses, who rule the earth from the Northern quadrants.
When thrown during Divination, the Princes often represent the coming and going of an event or person and the Princesses often represent the approval or disapproval of a matter.
Is Air of Fire or Specific Air of Primal Fire. His power is tremendous, so Lady Frieda Harris appears to show the "rocking chariot", that is being pulled by Leo (the Sun) the Lion. "Rocking" because of his enormous strength that can go any direction, even unto violence if angered. The Thoth card, shows the Marital Prince holding the Phoenix Wand of Geburah, and thus wields the fiery Severity of Geburah.
Ruling from the 21st degree of Cancer to the 20th degree of Leo, he is endowed with a powerful faculty for expanding and volatilizing. His arms are free of armor and mail, as he is vigorous and active. As you can see, he is aflame in every way above, the rayed crown surrounded by a winged Lion head sending from his crown a curtain of flame, suggesting the Solar Logos. In his left hand (side of the Goddess) he holds the Phoenix Wand of Power and Energy, while the other is holding the reigns of the Lion. His sexual energy is renowned. It should be no surprise that this is Crowley's idealized image of himself. His personal seal, the mark of the beast, is emblazoned on the Prince's Chest, a device that appears on 2 other Thoth Tarot Cards-5 of Wands and the Ace of Disks, which traditionally is the signature card of Crowley.The Prince of Wands is illustrated as sitting in the Thunderbolt position of Yoga, which is also Crowley's favorite yoga position. The Ascendent (or rising sign) in one's astrological natal chart is second only in importance to one's Sun sign. Crowley's ascendent was Leo. The Prince of Wands is 20 degrees Cancer to 20 degrees Leo.
tarot personality birth-wheel
With wheels radiating flame, he rides on a sea of flame, both waves and salient. This card shows Swiftness and Strength as his primary moral qualities. However, he is often violent, more so when expressing an opinion, even though he doesn't often hold the opinion about which he is so emphatic. He may be an extravagant boaster, while slyly laughing at both the object of his boast and at himself for making it. His courage is fanatically strong and is linked with indefatigable endurance. He is always fighting against odds and because of his endurance, always wins in the long run.
The female aspect of the Prince of Wands is shown as the Chariot and wheels in the Red color of Mother Binah, who supports his stability, and motion. However, the young man who easily becomes enthusiastic and excited, is therefore, often effusive.
The Prince of Wands is the air side of Fire, which symbolizes the positive masculine principle, the elements which are light and fire. He portrays the impulse toward the light that resides within every living thing. He is a phoenix that has risen from his own ashes.
Tarot Illuminati-Prince of Wands
The adventure of Passion.
The Tarot Illuminati-Prince of Wands, once again uses the Thoth designations for the Court Cards. Here the extravagantly dressed Prince of Wands, complete with golden salamander embroidered on his flaming red boots, is shown showing off his horsemanship. The feathers on his helm also suggest flames and the greens imply his rule of earth's elements. Indicated here, is the Prince's own belief in life as a colorful tapestry, rich and vibrant, and there for the taking and offering itself up as if it is a youths' a first love. One must take it every which way they can. The Prince is all about seizing the day, and giving time a run for its money and never becoming a passive participant in the magic that is one's life. He says, " I am the adventure, I am the Passion, and I am the hands that grabs life in a courageously strong grip."
The divinatory meanings of the Tarot Illuminati-Prince of Wands coincides with those of the Thoth Tarot.
The Divinatory meaning of The Prince of Wands is:
- Impulsive, often easily directed by outside influences, even trifling ones, he can be prey to indecision.
- His or her opinions are often violently expressed but being emphatic does not mean he'll hold the opinion long. He just loves vigorous statement just to feel the vigorous flow.
- The truth being, that he is often slow to make up his mind, and is essentially just and sees both sides of a question.
- Having a character noble and generous causes him to lean towards expressing extravagant hyperbole while secretly laughing at the boast and himself for making it.
- Being of fanatical courage linked with indefeasible endurance, he often chooses to fight against the odds and always wins in the very long run.
- The Passion radiating off of this person frightens most people because of the mystery it presents.
- He is of Dragon, and thus he strikes terror in the heart of the less inclined.
- His generosity and deeds maybe impeccable, but the heat of his passion scares the pale soul who avoids the Sun/son.
- His great pride, which is his main fault, makes him hold in contempt, meanness and pettiness and he is adept at wielding every weapon of ridicule, while still giving the shirt off of his back to the one so scorned.
- Without lust of result, he loves work and exercise for its own sake.
- Paradoxical is his contempt for the world at large, while holding ecstatic respect for every individual man and woman.
- The Mystery of such a one who is a Sun. This Sun Warrior is an aspect of the Solar Logos that puts ideas into action and will fight for their survival!
- There is a sense of Romantic Revolution with this one.
- Most people enjoy his passionate demeanor, but woe to the person that focuses his wrath.
- Because of this Swift and agile personality, many of his acquaintances are not committed to him as friends, for his swift mystery baffles most of them as he is all that is unexpected, startling, unpredictable, unconventional, but having a deep underlying consistency.
If Ill defined by the surrounding cards in the layout:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010.