new Orleans voodoo tarot-6 of Rada-air-legba
Odu Legba, Papa Legba
Open the door
Your children await.
Papa Legba, open the door
Your children await.
----Call to Legba
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot- 6 of Rada-Air-Legba, represents the tale that is the procession of the suns through the day's sky. Legba is the teller of this tale. He announces his presence in the blazing red sun of the new heavens. Blessed by the Midday Sun, vast in power, as he goes. The there is the tale of the old sun, merged with the black of night and how it tempers and tunes his wisdom. Legba creates, as words create for the storyteller. As Light creates the Soul. Papa Legba's words resound through the crossroads, that is the 6th Sephiroth-Tiphareth-Beauty, where tales take form and gently swing between the worlds of invisible light and reflected light. Here, in the matrix of the Crossroads web, whose strands vibrate to the telling of the tale, all form begins to harmonize into a viable panorama of wisdom's journey. From within grow the endless tales of Papa Legba; Tales whose words and characters take on life, ranging afar as they send out roots, branches, and tendrils, bearing both visible fruit and hidden *mycorrhiza that twist and turn into unexpected shapes and reach into unexplored places.
A mycorrhiza (from Greek μύκης mýkēs, "fungus", and ῥίζα rhiza, "root"; pl. mycorrhizae, mycorrhiza or mycorrhizas) is a symbiotic association between a fungus and a plant. The term mycorrhiza refers to the role of the fungus in the plant's rhizosphere, its root system. Mycorrhizae play important roles in plant nutrition, soil biology and soil chemistry.
The aspect of the 6 of Rada-Papa Legba card, is that of a storyteller, sitting at a crossroads. With rapt attention, and maybe even bated breath, are children sitting all around him. Behind him blazes the old black sun. Being old, Papa Legba relates tales that have seen and traveled much while the inexperience of the children keeps them silently listening.
When thrown in divination, the 6 of Rada, implies:
- A task that may be accomplished through words.
- The door opens.
- Obstacles are removed.
Thoth 6 of Swords-Science.
The complete interpretation of this card is the perfect balance of all mental and moral facilities, hardly won and almost impossible to hold in an ever-changing world. The 6 of Swords is the science of the mind that is both objective and fair-witnessing.
The 6 swords, suggesting the form of the unicursal hexagram, all join in the center of the Rosy cross; a Rosicrucian Cross, which is the universal symbol of integration, synthesis and blessing.
- This Rosy Cross indicates that the 6 of Swords represents the integrative mind that recognizes sources of inspiration that are sometimes unexplainable.
- The holistic mind is symbolized by the circle while the crystalline diamond represents the crystal clear creative mind.
- This mind can consider many thoughts at once (the many pinwheels in the background) and integrating them into a whole clarity that is objectively communicated in such a way as to present a new perspective that is otherwise unseen.
- Mercury is seen at the top of the card and Aquarius at the bottom, symbolizing Mercury in Aquarius. Mercury is the winged messenger (clear communication) and Aquarius is the New Age (new perspectives) symbolizing the ability to communicate new ideas in such an objective way that they are easily understood and heard.
In reiteration: the Minor cards are all under the rule of a Sephiroth, in the case of the 6's, it is the Sephiroth Tiphareth- Beauty. The adept will find the initiation of Tiphareth the first of the Greater Initiations into the meaning of self. This Tiphareth initiation is literally a scarifying of all that we know to be self, and life as we have lived it. Here the sacrifice is not relinquishing the much desired something, but rather a transition of Force, from that of the will of lesser consciousness to the Pure Will of the Greater Self. "Thy will be done" rather than, "my will be done'.
The Four 6's are about definite accomplishment and carrying out of a matter.
`THE 6 OF SWORDS- Science card is also called: Lord of Earned Success the Angels of the Decan are: Rehaayal and Yeyezeil. The Six of Swords is influenced by Tiphareth in the Astral World [Yetzirah].
The air sign of Aquarius, is ruled by Saturn, which tends to stabilize the fleeting qualities of Mercury. The positioning of Mercury in Aquarius, a "Mind sign", leads naturally to science and humanitarianism so success is the result of Saturn's work in this aspect. Now the cutting power of Swords is turned toward the positive, and the Rose is resurrected after being war torn in the severity of the 5 of Swords, related to the war aspect of Geburah. In the 6 of Swords, the swords all come together at a point in the restored Rose Cross of 6 squares, which Crowley calls, “The Rose Cross at the central secret of Scientific Truth." Thus, we have the definitive meaning of "success after anxiety and trouble", for the Way of the Cross is suffering before ascension. Here, Tiphareth shows the perfect balance and idea of the card, as all moral and mental faculties are perfectly balanced, won by great effort, but hard to hold in an ever-changing world of political propaganda and commercialized morality.
When thrown during a reading, the 6 of swords implies that the querent is:
- Objective, logical and prone to logical thinking.
- Showing strong analytical ability, and displays logical scientific thinking both internally and outwardly.
- In Six weeks or Six months, problems will be ended, because the correct, logical things have been done or are being done.
- Communication patterns are logical, reliable and promote problem solving.
- There is a general acceptance of attitudes and belief systems that promote rhythmic and cyclic life style.
- The ability to see things as a whole objective perspective. Here, the mind is watching itself and aids in passage from one world of conscious perspective to another.
- That in the next 6 weeks or 6 months it is important to look at things as they are rather than what you want them to be. It is important to be clear in your own mind so that you can successfully communicate new ideas or decisions in such a way as to be non threatening and easily heard.
- This card can also indicate that you should make a special effort to communicate clearly to the important Aquarian people in your life (January 21 to February 21).
- The Science-mind is clear, sharp and free of confusion, uncluttered with "should have beens" and "wannabes". It is socially, a rare state of mind that is important to utilize.
The ill definition of this card:
- Would be confusion because of extreme mental activity producing conflicting thoughts, ambiguity and indecision.
- Rejection of spirituality.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010