Tiphareth-the 6th Sephiroth and the 4 Princes
The Princes are the Son of the Queen and King, thus they are governed by Tiphareth, The Son/Sun of God/Divine Creative.
The Princes are wholly activated by the Queen and King, adding to their complexity as they have no motive power of their own. They are force, but a stable one, as they are being pulled along in their chariots.
The Figures of the Arch Fairies (Elementals) are the Lion, Eagle, Man and Bull. These are the 4 Kerubim of Qaballah. They are very ancient symbols for the elements of multiple religious belief systems. Not only appearing as Gods of the Assyrians, the 4 Animals in the Old Testament vision of Ezekiel, they also are the 4 symbols of the Christian Evangelists. The Lion (fire) is pulling the chariot of the Prince of Wands.
In the fiery darkness of Kether,the limitless light, the Primordial Elements radiate into Tiphareth, becoming the united rulers of the elements that are individually expressed in Tiphareth. Anthropomorphically personified, the Princes are the balance of the 4 Elements in Tiphareth. Being the most refined aspects of the Solar- Personality, the 4 Princes are the Elemental Kings that are our Souls.
It should be no surprise then that the Princes can be taken in any direction by Divine Will.
- Thus, the forces of the Prince of Wands may be applied with justice or cruelty.
- The unconscious flowing motion of the Prince of Cups may be subtle and artistic or it may be devoted to creative evil.
- The rational mental activities of the Prince of Swords, may produce ideas that are either creative or destructive .
- The material qualities of the Prince of Disks, may cause growth for good or evil.
The Grounding Element for the Prince's lessons, are the Princesses, who rule the earth from the Northern quadrants.
THE PRINCE OF WANDS:
When thrown during Divination, the Princess often represent the coming and going of an event or person and the Princesses often represent the approval or disapproval of a matter.
The Prince of Wands represents Air of Fire and/or Specific Air of Primal Fire. His power is tremendous, so the artist- Lady Frieda Harris appears to show the "rocking chariot", that is being pulled by Leo (the Sun) the Lion. "Rocking" because of his enormous strength that can go any direction, even unto violence if angered. The Thoth card, shows the Marital Prince holding the Phoenix Wand of Geburah, and thus wields the fiery Severity of Geburah, that burns off the dross of socially trained persona, leaving in its place the True Personality of the Sun/Son of the Divine Creative.
Ruling from the 21st degree of Cancer to the 20th degree of Leo, he is endowed with a powerful faculty for expanding and volatilizing. His arms are free of armor and mail, as he is vigorous and active. As you can see, he is aflame in every way above, the rayed crown surrounded by a winged Lion head sending from his crown a curtain of flame, suggesting the Solar Logos. In his left hand (side of the Goddess) he holds the Phoenix Wand of Power and Energy, while the other is holding the reigns of the Lion. His sexual energy is renowned. A person born between July 12 to August 11, will have this personality core and naturally show the Prince of Wands traits. With wheels radiatingflame, he rides on a sea of flame, both waves and salient. This card show Swiftness and Strength as his primary moral qualities. As a person, the Prince of Wands represents a heroic fiery youth who is vigorous, enterprising, venturesome,spontaneous, impulsive and capable of enthusiasm. A young man who knows what he wants and lives with an abundance of optimism and self-reliance. However, we can also encounter a young person who is open and spontaneous, and very good at presenting himself, but is not trustworthy for he could be very fickle in his feelings.
The female aspect of the Prince of Wands is shown as the Chariot and wheels in the Red color of Mother Binah, who supports his stability, and motion. If this card stands for a woman, it corresponds to the description of the masculine portion of her being-the animus. One must remember, this is a electromagnetic world spectrum, and energy flows from pole to pole. From positive to negative. Therefore, when a persona is presented as a female body, that is a negative polarity of magnetic, and therefore, for the Soul to send vital life force to the body, it must present itself as Masculine and/or positive pole. For the Soul is the Sun/Son and all life in form, is established beneath Tiphareth on the Tree of Life . Hence, if the persona manifests as masculine, his Soul will act as Feminine---his Muse.
In the area of personal relationships this card can be the expression of the flame of love and wild passion, but also unpredictable and ill tempered moods, much like spring weather in April. Therefore, one could say that the prince of wands, resembles the inner child who quickly reaches for a new toy, only to soon through it away. Therefore, this is a young man who easily becomes enthusiastic and excited. Hence, he is often effusive.
The Tarot of The Spirit-Fire Brother, depicts a being endowed with great qualities of strength, swiftness, brilliance and agility. He also has a sense of romantic revolution. Granted, these are qualities both wonderful and real; However, do not be too impulsive at this time of your great revelation and change. Become attuned to the eternal nature of Spirit and your actions will endure.
The Sunwarrior is shown riding a charging steed seemingly forming out of steam. This is because of the marriage of Fire Father and Water/Fire Mother. Fire brother is shown leaping with tremendous velocity through portals of Fire and Water/ Light and Dark. He is moving at the speed of light through layer after layer of consciousness. The Soul/Solar Self, does indeed move at light speed and therefore, intuitive thought seems to be instantaneous from Psyche to brain. Moving toward the Eternal "I", he rides the supreme steed of Fire; the magical lion-horse whose head streams fire and whose hooves strike sparks . Fire Brother serves the lion, as he has tamed the dominion of nature. He also has tamed the horse-ness of servility's dominion, for Fire Brother serves the horse.
Fire Brother has no fear, as well as, he has no hope. This enables him to travel deeply and swiftly through the multidimensions of Self. Self is the All of everything.
The Divinatory meaning of The Prince of Wands or Fire Brother is:
- Impulsive, often easily directed by outside influences, even trifling ones, he can be prey to indecision.
- His or her opinions are often violently expressed but being emphatic does not mean he'll hold the opinion long. S/He just loves vigorous statement just to feel the vigorous flow.
- The truth being, that he is often slow to make up his mind, and is essentially just and sees both sides of a question.
- Having a character noble and generous causes him to lean towards expressing extravagant hyperbole while secretly laughing at the boast and him/herself for making it.
- Being of fanatical courage linked with indefeasible endurance, s/he often chooses to fight against the odds and always wins in the very long run.
- The Passion radiating off of this person frightens most people because of the mystery it presents.
- S/He is of Dragon, and thus he strikes terror in the heart of the less inclined.
- This one's generosity and deeds maybe impeccable, but the heat of such passion scares the pale soul who avoids the Sun/son.
- Great pride, which is this one's main fault, makes him/her hold in contempt, meanness and pettiness and s/he is adept at wielding every weapon of ridicule, while still giving the shirt off of his/her back to the one so scorned.
- Without lust of result, s/he loves work and exercise for its own sake.
- Paradoxical is his contempt for the world at large, while holding ecstatic respect for every individual man and woman.
- The Mystery of such a one who is a Sun. This Sunwarrior is an aspect of the Solar Logos that puts ideas into action and will fight for their survival!
- There is a sense of Romantic Revolution with this one.
- Most people enjoy his passionate demeanor, but woe to the person that focuses their wrath.
- Because of this Swift and agile personality, many of his/her acquaintances are not committed to him/her as friends, for this one's swift mystery baffles most of them as this one is all that is unexpected, startling, unpredictable, unconventional, but having a deep underlying consistency.
If ill defined by surrounding cards:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.