I passionately set out to conquer.
The Starman Tarot- Prince of Wands, depicts a David Bowie like Ziggy-like alien character. Blazing with the unconquered power of pure youth, bring pure passionate action and courage to everything he does. Hot headed and hot hearted, dashing and dynamic, should he show up in our lives, we are positively excited into action as well. However, his daredevil actions, often leave a trail of burnt ashes that where human lives as he pursues his passions. The Prince of Wands, is the Prince of the Fiery- Phallus, a positively sexual creature whose passion is so powerful that everything is looked at as a sexual coupling. He is the force behind the Priapus of the Romans and the youthful satyr. Therefore, as if a sexual act, he reaches an peak with what he is doing ; "Wham- Bam, good bye" and off to the next passionate hunt. Hence, the fox in the lower right of the picture.
He is a true visionary with unconquered belief in himself . As an adventurer he is imperturbable and believes he can change the world while be lauded for doing so. Yet he is young and has not the wisdom nor honed the skills necessary to really carry this off. So, like a young marine he/she is off to battle, all full of honor, pride and victory, before he has ever met the enemy. The results are young and beautiful passionate boys and girls, brought home broken or dead. But this is not limited to war alone, as they roar off on their "crotch rockets", speed around in hot cars and jump out of air planes, all before they have the necessary experience to really succeed at the challenge. Therefore, inside all of us is this cosmic fire of I AM and all things are of this fiery One, but only physical experience, with its burns and bruises can turn passion into craft. Something this shinning Prince hasn't learned yet.
With the fire of his passion, the Starman Prince of Wands shoots fiery out of his eyes to a Bristle Pine wand that is suspended in the air. Showing that his passion is all head, ego, arrogance right at this moment, and in the future, if he survives, and doesn't commit suicide because the "real world" has beaten him down, his dynamic heart shall mellow with the error corrections of the wise and powerful King of Wands. He or she will realize that responsibility comes with powerful emotion, (energy-in-motion) and that fires must be contained to create a needed function for all life. Thank god for the spirit of youth, as it always serves to shake-up the "normal", but often to the determent of the young. The Wise let them climb their mountains and upon achieving the top, jumping off of them. We all must test our metal, before we become wise black-smiths.
Tiphareth-the 6th Sephiroth and the 4 Princes
The Princes are the Son of the Queen and King, thus they are governed by Tiphareth, the Son/Sun of God and/or the Soul.When thrown during Divination, the Princess often represent the coming and going of an event or person and the Princesses often represent the approval or disapproval of a matter.
The Princes are wholly activated by the Queen and King, adding to their complexity as they have no motive power of their own. They are force, but a stable one, as they are being pulled along in their chariots.
The Figures of the Arch Fairies (Elementals) are the Lion, Eagle, Man and Bull. These are the Four Kerubim of Qaballah. They are very ancient symbols for the elements of multiple religious belief systems. Not only appearing as Gods of the Assyrians, the Four Animals in the Old Testament vision of Ezekiel, they also are the four symbols of the Christian Evangelists.
In the vastness of Kether, the Primordial Elements radiate into Tiphareth, becoming the united rulers of the elements that are individually expressed in Tiphareth. Anthropomorphically personified, The Princes are the balance of the 4 Pythagorean Elements in Tiphareth. Being the most refined aspects of the Solar- Personality, the 4 Princes are the Elemental Kings in ourselves.
It should be no surprise then that the Princes can be taken in any direction by Divine Will. Thus, the forces of the Prince of Wands may be applied with Justice or cruelty; the unconscious flowing motion of the Prince of Cups may be subtle and artistic; or it may be evil. The rational mental activities of the Prince of Swords, may produce ideas that are either creative or destructive and last but not least, the material qualities of the Prince of Disks, may cause growth for good or evil. The Grounding Element for the Princes lessons, are the Princesses, who rule the earth from the Northern quadrants.
THE THOTH PRINCE OF WANDS:
Is Air of Fire or Specific Air of Primal Fire. His power is tremendous, so Lady Frieda Harris appears to show the "rocking chariot", that is being pulled by Leo (the Sun) the Lion. "Rocking" because of his enormous strength that can go any direction, even unto violence if angered. The Thoth deck card, shows the Marital Prince holding the Phoenix Wand of Geburah, and thus wields the fiery Severity of Geburah.
Ruling from the 21st degree of Cancer to the 20th degree of Leo, he is endowed with a powerful faculty for expanding and volatilizing. His arms are free of armor and mail, as he is vigorous and active. As you can see, he is aflame in every way above, the rayed crown surrounded by a winged Lion head sending from his crown a curtain of flame, suggesting the Solar Logos. In his left hand (side of the Goddess) he holds the Phoenix Wand of Power and Energy, while the other is holding the reigns of the Lion. His sexual energy is renowned.
With wheels radiating flame, he rides on a sea of flame, both waved and salient. This card show Swiftness and Strength as his primary moral qualities.
The female aspect of the Prince of Wands is shown as the Chariot and wheels in the Red color of Mother Binah, whose severity supports his stability, and motion.
All the statements attributed to the Starman Prince of Wands, apply to the Thoth Prince. He is a phoenix that rises out of the ashes of yesterday's dead dragons, and proceeds to apply his heat to the moment. There is something both magnificent and sad about this powerful youth, for many of us survivors of our youth, have seen the days of Passion, Sun and exuberance, only to bear deep scars that ache in the cold of man-made reality. Thankfully, their is still the undeterred fiery power of life on the "other side of the mirror", that erases the comfort seeking of age by a process we call death, bringing us back into life as Phoenix Souls, who "give'er another wack". For this youthful power is what greases the wheels of evolution that expand and liberate life.
The Divinatory meaning of The Prince of Wands is (These are Archetypal persona and not limited to a certain sex):
- Impulsive, often easily directed by outside influences, even trifling ones, he can be prey to indecision.
- His or her opinions are often violently expressed but being emphatic does not mean he'll hold the opinion long. He just loves vigorous statement just to feel the vigorous flow.
- The truth being, that he is often slow to make up his mind, and is essentially just and sees both sides of a question.
- Having a character noble and generous causes them to lean towards expressing extravagant hyperbole while secretly laughing at the boast and himself for making it.
- Being of fanatical courage linked with indefeasible endurance,s/ he often chooses to fight against the odds and always wins in the very long run.
- The Passion radiating off of this person frightens most people because of the mystery it presents.
- One is of Dragon, and thus strikes terror in the heart of the less inclined.
- Their generosity and deeds maybe impeccable, but the heat of their passion scares the pale soul who avoids the Sun/son.
- One's great pride, which is their main fault, makes them hold in contempt, meanness and pettiness and they are adept at wielding every weapon of ridicule, while still giving the shirt off of their back to the one so scorned.
- Without lust of result, s/he loves work and exercise for its own sake.
- Paradoxical is his/her contempt for the world at large, while holding ecstatic respect for every individual man and woman.
- The Mystery of such a one who is a Sun. This Sun Warrior is an aspect of the Solar Logos that puts ideas into action and will fight for their survival!
- There is a sense of Romantic Revolution with this one.
- Most people enjoy this passionate demeanor, but woe to the person that focuses the wrath of such a one.
- Because of this Swift and agile personality, many of his/her acquaintances are not committed as friends, for his/her swift mystery baffles most of them as he is all that is unexpected, startling, unpredictable, unconventional, but having a deep underlying consistency.
If ill defined:
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.