Thoth- 4 of Swords-Truce
From the exhaustless riches of its limitless substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.
[Truth about Self]
Chesed, the 4th Sephiroth, is the Universal Architect, thus the 4rs suggest perfection, realization, completion and fixing a matter to a rock solid stability.
In the 4 of Swords, this stability is a form of Truce, where equal tension, makes a stability of mental powers and of the 4 elements.
The 4 of Swords represents Chesed in Yetzirah, influencing the astral world.
As you may know, mental creation happens in the fluid light of the dreaming Astral World before the manifestation is solidified in the Material World. Now you may not be able to clearly see that you are not a body, for your truth is Spirit. You really are a Yod (hand of God) in the Collective Unconscious, so your Real body, is the Tree of Life .The human body is the incarnation, for sensual purposes, of your "dreams" and resides with in the solar corona of the Invisible you. That Invisible you is as Jupiter, and in this card, Jupiter is in Libra, Thus the normal destructive Swords, are put to rest in the munificent, benevolent and loving nature of Jupiter.
The Rose is restored and Consciousness is settled, and a rest from strife is implied by the 4 of Swords. Jupiter in Libra radiates compassion and sensitivity showing the Mercy that is Chesed.
Here Jupiter claims authority in the intellectual world. Arguing for convention, Jupiter restores mental balance after the chaos of arbitrary thought.
In the 4 of Swords card, the hilts of the Swords, are formed into the corners of the St, Andrew's Cross, suggesting the rigidity and fixation implied in the 4. The Rose of 49 petals, in which the Swords are sheathed, suggesting social harmony.
Thus there is a suggestion of compromise. As does Crowley, I find this compromise to be a less than positive factor. Swords are for war. Hence, this is a truce brought on by force. Making this truce an act of an indolent mind, that would rather be pusillanimous and compromise for social peace rather than work out the thought through the promised struggle. However, it may be to keep the peace; but peace at any cost, is not always preferable. The price of liberty and freedom is courage not compromise.
Gothic Tarot- IV of Swords
The Gothic Tarot, IV of Swords, is one sword and 4 feathers in a semblance of balance. Again, it presents us with Anne Stokes great gothic art, but not a pictorial example of the meaning. I would advise a good book on Tarot, to help the beginner with the reading of these cards, such as, THE TAROT BOOK by Jana Riley.
When the 4 of Swords , is thrown during a reading:
- There is mental understanding of a matter, or a relationship coming to full resolution on four levels of mental awareness: The Rational, The Emotional of the Unconscious, The Spiritual, and the Subconscious of the Physical.
- Implications of problems that should not be ignored; listen to the inner self and answers will be restored.
- A holding pattern after mastering a difficult mental situation.
- Retreat or withdrawal necessary to heal or hide, by creating a protected mental space. Here insight can be generated by seclusion.
- A moment of logic and discriminating intelligence of integrity and planning.
The negatives of this card are often;
- A bout of illness in order to recuperate. The intellect is relinquishing control back to the body so that a time out of from problems and solutions are achieved as the body has only one focus of getting better.
- Forced retreat.
Thank you for your interest, comments, and supportive donations. Your generosity blesses you. May you live long and prosper.
helping people become more magic and less tragic since 2010